Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have had some pieces replaced under warranty. my center piece around the auto shift started to peel post warranty. my shop tried a glue/resin, forgot the brand but it was a two part glue. anyway that only lasted a week.

so today we just said f-it we'll screw the damn thing down so it never comes off again. here are the results (sorry console is a bit dirty needs to be wiped down):

20171005_171816 by sixpointzero

20171005_171802 by sixpointzero, on Flickr
    Likes agoristmike liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    i have had some pieces replaced under warranty. my center piece around the auto shift started to peel post warranty. my shop tried a glue/resin, forgot the brand but it was a two part glue. anyway that only lasted a week.

so today we just said f-it we'll screw the damn thing down so it never comes off again. here are the results (sorry console is a bit dirty needs to be wiped down):

20171005_171816 by sixpointzero

20171005_171802 by sixpointzero, on Flickr
    What exactly was your process? Rivet gun or did you take the bezel out and drill? This could be the fix we've all been waiting for.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    they took out the bezel. when we tried glue we also removed the whole bezel and clamped it tight overnight while the glue dried.

3060 by sixpointzero, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice. Here's mine with the carbon fiber and chrome removed. Also, I like the shift knob from the 2nd gen challengers better than the stock knob. Ignore the dirt. I haven't cleaned the console in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I just put in 2 screws in mine and it forked just fine for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would use polyurethane liquid nails glue or even window weld (3m) they are some of the strongest bonding adhesives I ever used and never had a problem of the things I glued separating.

06 SRTC
    - SPC - Hellwig/Police Sways - ST-X Coils - Drake FSB - LMI CF CAI - Corsa Extreme - 08+ Black Int. Conv. - 2010 SRT Charger Interior - Hurst - 91 Tune - MTCM - HC 20X9/10 - Sponh Arms - MagnaFlow Cats - BT -

Post Thanks / Like
    Summer must be here. The trim above the glove box and both passenger doors are lifting. Good to know I can use the trim as a temp gauge...have 40k on the car and the dealer said to call Chrysler-out of warranty...have a case number now. Let’s see what they say...

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    they took out the bezel. when we tried glue we also removed the whole bezel and clamped it tight overnight while the glue dried.

3060 by sixpointzero, on Flickr
    This looks bad-ass!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my full build at worldsfastesthemi.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ledsledsrt View Post
    Summer must be here. The trim above the glove box and both passenger doors are lifting. Good to know I can use the trim as a temp gauge...have 40k on the car and the dealer said to call Chrysler-out of warranty...have a case number now. Let’s see what they say...

Best of luck to you. Tell them there’s a bunch of us that deal with this regularly, and we’d love to have some pieces that don’t fall off. They recalled the Jeep, why can’t they recall the 300 too.

The gorilla “flexible formula” super glue gel is still working best for me. It’s been a long while since any piece has fallen off. My far-left drivers side piece on the dash is lifted off about half way. I think I’ll just pull the whole thing off soon, and re-glue it down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jws1982 View Post
    Best of luck to you. Tell them there’s a bunch of us that deal with this regularly, and we’d love to have some pieces that don’t fall off. They recalled the Jeep, why can’t they recall the 300 too.

The gorilla “flexible formula” super glue gel is still working best for me. It’s been a long while since any piece has fallen off. My far-left drivers side piece on the dash is lifted off about half way. I think I’ll just pull the whole thing off soon, and re-glue it down.

Mine has started peeling as well, just haven't taken the time to re glue them back on .
    2012 300 SRT8 exhaust, intake, tuned, 180 thermostat, oil catch can
    2011 M37s 22's, BC coil overs, exhaust, intake, other small stuff
    2006 Land Rover (Wife's Ride) 22's
    2012 Camaro LS (wife's Ride) 22's, exhaust, intake, stereo upgrade
    2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughter's Ride)
    2004 Impala SS Supercharged (Sold)
    2004 Escalade (Wrecked) 22's DVD's
    1999 Dodge Durango (Sold)
    1996 Accord heavy Modded (Traded)
    1995 Impala SS heavy Modded (Sold) Gone but not forgotten

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stsrt8 View Post
    Mine has started peeling as well, just haven't taken the time to re glue them back on .
    So...Chrysler offered to pay for part and “only” charge me $600 to replace the three pieces of trim currently peeling. I was born at night...
    They still have no permanent solution for this. So next summer I will be in the same situation. Whole lot of parts I would rather spend that kind of money on. Thinking about having it all replaced with the standard 300 trim pieces and be done with it. I really like this car. I really hate that they won’t own up to this...

Post Thanks / Like
    I tinted windows and added a covercraft windsheild screen as well as stopped using the heated and cooled cup holders and the shifter plate bezel has survived for about 8 months now. I do believe I had 4-5 installed under warranty. I had one installed on Friday and it had to be replaced Monday morning lol.

My dealer has replaced so many they now keep them in stock. Direct sunlight seems to kill these these things the one that warped over the weekend I left the panaroma roof uncovered all weekend and the car sat and cooked in the sun.

all my door trim has fallen off and Chrsyler refused to warranty that but I will try to glue that in as it isnt as warped as the shifter bezel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep us posted, I feel as though I might have to replace all of mine my as well too in the near future when I get around to it, hope I can find something at a local car/auto shop that can fix this issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have any laying around for sale?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12