Post Thanks / Like

differences 2006 vs 2009 srt8

Can anyone tell me the specific differences between a 2006 and a 2009 srt8? Are they all cosmetic interior items or are there mechanical ones as well?
    2006 300 SRT 8 legmaker cai, arrington 85 mm tb and catch can, borla atak cat back, 3600 FTI, diablosport with Jay Greene tune

Post Thanks / Like
    They're entirely different interior cosmetics and mechanics, as well as the entire electronic control system throughout the entire vehicle is entirely different
    Thanks Srtgreat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You are entirely correct ;-)
    Thanks Srtgreat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Anything more specific? It's not a 2012 interior in those cars is it? Mechanical different brakes, shocks, rearend? Trying to know the differences before going to buy an 09. I have an 06

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Srtgreat View Post
    Anything more specific? It's not a 2012 interior in those cars is it? Mechanical different brakes, shocks, rearend? Trying to know the differences before going to buy an 09. I have an 06

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    No, the overall look will merely be slightly more modern inside than yours currently. The dash vent\radio area is more square and modern, passenger dash looks better.

Mechanics:

All brake systems are generally the same. Might find a couple bracket differences here or there

Engine bay layout entirely different, intake area different, fuse box different

Electronic wise:
    TIPM instead of FCM on fuse box.

CAN network faster meaning modules from 07 and earlier are incompatible if trying to replace with such, must use 08+.

Wiring pinouts and color coding entirely different between 07 and earlier and 08 and later.

There's a lot more that I can't think of currently.

Post Thanks / Like
    09-10 srt has lsd diff
    2010 Bright Silver 300c SRT8 : Razors Edge Strut Braces (F & R) : K&N Drop-in : BT Catch Can