Post Thanks / Like

Oil issues after intake install

I'm having a bit of an issue. After installing my intake manifold after some porting and powdercoating, im having an excessive amount of air and oil being blown out of the breather port next to the oil fill tube. I took the breather off and had someone rev the engine and I noticing an alarming amount of air blowing out of the port. I've had the issue of small amounts of oil on my air filter but this is way worse than it used to be. I put a new air filter in just to see how bad it was. I drove the vehicle from the shop I work at to my house, about 4 miles, and checked the filter again and there was about a nickel sized spot of oil in the filter and the port on the intake tube was covered in oil. I'm thinking maybe a pcv issue but that would only happen if the valve was stuck closed, which when I checked mine before putting it back into the intake it was working properly. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody ever have issues with felpro intake gaskets? I'm thinking the gaskets are the problem, im pretty sure that they are leaking intake air past the gasket and into the oil fill/breather tube hole. Should I try an oem mopar set or is there a better aftermarket set I should go with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Intake gaskets suck on the motors. I put a very thin layer of right stuff around the oil fill port and the breather port and it helped a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, I will have to try and put something around there. I had a breather filter on there previously and never had issues with oil coming through the filter. After I put the intake on there was oil covering the breather filter and some was dripping below between the top of the valve cover and bottom of the intake manifold.