Post Thanks / Like

P0128 trouble code

I had this check engine light on for awhile, so I bought a Jet 160 stat that I replaced months ago. The light came back on a day after the install. Coolant level is good, I have a new rad I installed the year prior to this. Car runs perfectly, just want to get rid of this damn light once and for all. What do you think it could be?
    2006 Chrysler 300C (heritage edition)

Post Thanks / Like
    It's basically saying the car isn't heating up as fast as the computer wants it to. Running a cooler thermostat is almost a guarantee it will happen. You can get a tune to fix it, otherwise there's nothing you can do but go back to the stock temp.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    1949 International KB2 "Mater" 302/T5

1968 Dodge Dart GTS "The Drat", 340/727

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T the "Wagnum", 5.7/auto

2016 Dodge Durango Limited, 3.6/auto

Oh Drat! Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    You can try driving in auto stick when you first start out to try & heat the motor up faster. Otherwise tune it out or just delete it every time it comes up.
    LMI True 4" CAI - Tranzformer V2 - Trinity - QTP Cut Outs - Corsa Sport Catback - Killer Glass
    BT Catch Can & Underhood Bling with lots of West Coast Fasteners Titanium Bolts & Washers
    20x9.5, 20x10.5 Brushed Copper Demon Reps by Factory Reproductions - KW Adjustable Springs
    Stainless Long Tube Headers w/ Catless Mids - Whipple 2.9L - TruFiber Deep Dish Grill - Amerihood Hellcat Hood
    ZL1 Wicker Bill - APR Carbon Front Splitter

Post Thanks / Like
    Took out the JET thermostat and bought a OEM one, problem solved... Light is gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably worth a call to the dealer about potential software enhancements that may address that issue or similar. Or as stated re-install the appropriate t-stat.