Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 300300 View Post
    In a sense that's exactly what I'm talking about. Grounding strap impeding complete burn.
    ‚ÄčNot with two plugs and modern chamber / piston dome design :^)
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

    Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels


  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    winnipeg
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting, anything is possible I guess. Do you know what abs pumps will work with this vehicle? Sourcing a used one, what years and models would be the same?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like
    05 to 07 should be the same and 08 to 10 the same... Bus speeds changed between years, also I've seen someone on here say some cars don't have 4 wheel abs and some do (but still have "abs"),..I'd just match part numbers and go for the same car model year as yours... As long as it's same model year LX platform I can't imagine problems other than vin mismatch
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    winnipeg
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I see 1 on Ebay p04779492ae same number as mine however it came off a awd, and mine is rwd, still should work?

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the pn is the same, I would think so

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    winnipeg
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, uggghhhh misfires are back when cold startup, now that its cooled off outside again, I know u mentioned pcm, but perhaps it has something to do with high flow cats and rear 02 delete. The slight surge is there as well when holding gas pedal at 900 to 1000rpm, just a 150 to 200 rpm surge, does the surge when warm as well.
    Last edited by 300300; 01-14-2020 at 07:27 PM.



  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    winnipeg
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone tell me about the wire harness, the big one, that is below the back of the intake manifold, looks like it goes into driver side dash. I noticed the wires are exposed by the intake manifold and water would drip into the harness from wiper assembly. I sprayed some wd40 on it and sealed the wires and now my abs, and traction control are working again.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pueblo West, Colorado
    Posts
    275
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm having the exact same issue with misfire on startup. Here's my thread.

    Misire on startup

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 300300 View Post
    Thanks, uggghhhh misfires are back when cold startup, now that its cooled off outside again, I know u mentioned pcm, but perhaps it has something to do with high flow cats and rear 02 delete. The slight surge is there as well when holding gas pedal at 900 to 1000rpm, just a 150 to 200 rpm surge, does the surge when warm as well.
    Kinda figured the problem would return...

    Again, rear O2s monitor Cat efficiency. After entering closed loop mode, the front O2 units are monitoring AFR during all driving conditions - other than WOT (fixed AF values). So the CATs, no matter what type, are downstream and they too are not the problem.


    Quote Originally Posted by 300300 View Post
    Can anyone tell me about the wire harness, the big one, that is below the back of the intake manifold, looks like it goes into driver side dash. I noticed the wires are exposed by the intake manifold and water would drip into the harness from wiper assembly. I sprayed some wd40 on it and sealed the wires and now my abs, and traction control are working again.
    Exposed? As in bare stranding visible? both dirty water (only distilled water is non-conductive) and WD40 is not a solution.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    winnipeg
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Kinda figured the problem would return...

    Again, rear O2s monitor Cat efficiency. After entering closed loop mode, the front O2 units are monitoring AFR during all driving conditions - other than WOT (fixed AF values). So the CATs, no matter what type, are downstream and they too are not the problem.




    Exposed? As in bare stranding visible? both dirty water (only distilled water is non-conductive) and WD40 is not a solution.
    Yah the black oem covering is broken on the top half, so wires are visible and water dripping into harness, probably accumulating in harness.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 300300 View Post
    Yah the black oem covering is broken on the top half, so wires are visible and water dripping into harness, probably accumulating in harness.
    Do you mean the colored lead insulation / jacketing is visible within the sheath? Or copper stranding is visible?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like
    What exactly was the thought process of spraying wd40 on exposed wiring, whether it was just the loom or not?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    winnipeg
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Do you mean the colored lead insulation / jacketing is visible within the sheath? Or copper stranding is visible?
    The wires are intact, just the black insulate is gone on the top half that protects the wires
    Although in that spot there happens to be at least 1 oem solder that connects a wire.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 300300 View Post
    The wires are intact, just the black insulate is gone on the top half that protects the wires
    Although in that spot there happens to be at least 1 oem solder that connects a wire.
    That's normal. During my nag swap I lost every inch of the OEM black wire loom due to heat and age. It turned to dust and fell in my eyes every bump. You can just electrical tape or go to a hardware store and get more 1inch loom for pretty cheap.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    winnipeg
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do those wires control though, perhaps a ground wire runs from there to abs pump.no coincidence that my abs is working now after 9 mths. It is plausible since when mechanic clears low voltage code, abs and track worked until he did a turn. Water sloshing back and forth perhaps.
    Last edited by 300300; 01-15-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •