Post Thanks / Like

Rear end options for 800+ whp

A blew my stock ( 2006 300C SRT8 ) rear end a few years ago and upgraded to the 9" with 4.11 gears. The problem I am having is the angles of the axles are just too much for my car and cause a lot of vibration. My only real options are to raise the car which isn't something I'd care to do.

I'd like to either switch back to the stock rear end and upgrade the internals, or get something else. What are my options? I'm currently at a conservative 730whp with a Whipple and a 405 stroker.

Post Thanks / Like
    2013 Chrysler 300S, 6.4 BGE with 6.4 SRT cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force with 2.62 pulley(11.4 lbs boost), fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans built by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. LG aluminum rad. Dual SRT fans. Complete 4 piston Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO 420 265/35R22 - 295/30R22

Post Thanks / Like
    You can go with a paramount performance rear or get the gettag in 3.73s with dss drive shaft and axles
    2017 Ram 3500 Cummins Laramie
    2019 Challenger Scatpack Widebody
    2008 Charger R/T sold CAM ONLY RECORD HOLDER 12.34 @108.89 & 1.66 60'

Email mailed tuned by [email protected]Comp268cam,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    While I do appreciate the bump, that factory rear won't hold 700+ hp for long. That's why it's not in my car now. I know better lol

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking about going with the wavetrac on the 215mm rear that I currently have, and getting stronger axles. If not, is upgrading to the Getrag 226 a pain? Do I need a new subframe for the rear?

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not create new brackets for the upper control arms to change the pinion angle? Is that not essentially what you are doing by raising the car?
    2006 Chrysler 300C (heritage edition)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ttype View Post
    Why not create new brackets for the upper control arms to change the pinion angle? Is that not essentially what you are doing by raising the car?
    That would just transfer the issue to the driveshaft would it not?

As well, I have 0 experiencing fabricating.

Post Thanks / Like
    No it wouldn't. If what you said in your opening statement is correct, that by raising the car would eliminate the vibration. That's what you would be doing by changing the pinion angle without raising the car. Your taking load off of the rear suspension. Take it to a chassis shop or speed shop and tell them what's going on and take them for a spin. This is by far your best option seeing as how it is already in the car and working. A whole new rear end is a huge job, lots of money and fabricating new brake lines etc. A vibration is a easy thing to eliminate if you go to the right people. Do some research in your area and make some phone calls.