Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catch cans

Post Thanks / Like

Catch cans

I dont have one so I'm supposed too be sucking gobs of to into my engine. However, I fill with 7qts but whenever I check the dipstick on oil-hanging day, the level is maybe two hairs down from the max level. These things are frauds.

I conclude the only engines on which catch cans catch cans catch oil are beat and near death.
    Last edited by Santa Tom LaBelle; 07-19-2019 at 07:41 PM.
    Likes ronan978, Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    not true...they do work
    2010 Detonator Yellow Challenger
    "DETONATOR"
    2006 Charger R/T,[B] FRI 392 [B]
    "Daddys Toy" Hemi Rgeisrty#556

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Tom LaBelle View Post

I conclude the only engines on which catch cans catch cans catch oil are beat and near death.
    Your conclusion is not only wrong but an ignorant statement as well. I will almost fill my catch can between oil changes and my engine is far from death.
    [/SIGPIC]2005 Chrysler 300C SBE, ported big valved heads, Hellcat lifters, SRT 6.1 intake manifold, SRT shorties, custom grind Billy Drakeford cam, SLP LM1, MTCM and GETRAG 3.06 swap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my popcorn.
    2018 Charger R/T Super Track Pak F8 Green
    2007 Charger R/T Road & Track Stone White (Gone)
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont have one so I'm supposed too be sucking gobs of to into my engine. However, I fill with 7qts but whenever I check the dipstick on oil-hanging day, the level is maybe two hairs down from the max level. These things are frauds.

As accurate as your observations are about the actual losses / dipstick level, it'll still make some folks butt hurt :^)

Last edited by Hemissary; 07-20-2019 at 12:27 AM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes ronan978, someotherguy, punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop

Don’t mind me. Just getting everything ready.

Likes punisher69, Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. I'd lie to see a member of this board,whho has a catch can, try my little experiment and let us know what happens

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one and it works as it should. Catch cansDoes everyone need one, no.... in warm weather I can go months and not have to drain it(oil). With cold weather (40 deg down) I will have to drain it once a week, not from oil but mostly water. That’s driving about 250 miles weekly. It’s not worth having one in my case. And if I take the 4 ozs the can holds and divide the by the 250 miles worth of engine rotations... I have no clue what that would be but that 4 oz would make no difference to my engine.

Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. I'd lie to see a member of this board,whho has a catch can, try my little experiment and let us know what happens
    Whats the experiment? There are a lot of members that have a can installed.

Post Thanks / Like
    In my Hellcat I emptied a nearly full Billet Technology catch can just before getting an oil change.
    Terry

2005 Magnum RT load runner 2.6: Inertia Motorsports 419 Stroker, Predator Tune: 475rwhp & 465rwtq, Crower Cam, Kook's Headers, 3 inch "Custom" Exhaust, Tunable Induction Intake, NAG1-HTC Tranny, 3.55 Gears, 600hp DSS Half-Shafts, TrueFiber Challenger Hood, Enkei Wheels 18"x9", MT 28.00" / 12.00" x 18" radials on rear, Paneled Rear Side Windows, GoManGo Front Seats, Eibach Springs/Dampers, Wilwood Calipers, Rear Wiper Removed, Billet Technology enhancments.
    2017 Go Mango Challenger T/A
    1999 Plymouth Prowler (yellow) Prowler Pro #11
    2015 Charger Hellcat #0771

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBL.DWN View Post
    Whats the experiment? There are a lot of members that have a can installed.
    Each car would vary. If you install one and it does what you want it too, then it works. It’s not going to hurt the vehicle it’s installed on unless you don’t drain it. Then maybe crankcase pressure could build and cause a seal or two to fail. I think most hemi’s have two ways to help vent case pressure, but I’m not sure

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually had a can installed on my car. I just picked up the intake to sell. I'll take some pics tomorrow to show EVERYONE just how not worth it a catch can on an N/A motor is.

Hint: the intake is in a trash bag in the trunk of my 300, as to not have oil dripping all into the trunk liner

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Likes Santa Tom LaBelle, someotherguy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KYUUBI View Post
    Each car would vary. If you install one and it does what you want it too, then it works. It’s not going to hurt the vehicle it’s installed on unless you don’t drain it. Then maybe crankcase pressure could build and cause a seal or two to fail. I think most hemi’s have two ways to help vent case pressure, but I’m not sure

Just curious what the OPs experiment is.

Post Thanks / Like
    What else is Santa gonna do when it hot out...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast