Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catch cans

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    What else is Santa gonna do when it hot out...
    Boot camp for elf recruits. Gotta keep the ranks filled..

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a runner on a 22k mile 6.4 with a catch can.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Likes ronan978, someotherguy, KYUUBI, Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post

Visual evidence that catch cans are simply not doing anywhere near as much as people really wish to believe...
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes ronan978, KYUUBI liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Visual evidence of my catch can doing exactly what I bought it to do.

Last edited by 4DoorMuscle; 07-24-2019 at 07:55 PM.
    [/SIGPIC]2005 Chrysler 300C SBE, ported big valved heads, Hellcat lifters, SRT 6.1 intake manifold, SRT shorties, custom grind Billy Drakeford cam, SLP LM1, MTCM and GETRAG 3.06 swap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DoorMuscle View Post
    Visual evidence of my catch can doing exactly what I bought it to do.
    I agree catch cans are successful at collecting a portion(!) of aerated oil / water that resides in the crankcase.

If you were to take your intake manifold off your car and saw the same oil residue as seen in punisher69's pics, that is present all the way to the intake valve, would you consider that an issue?

Last edited by Hemissary; 07-24-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Catch cans

Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post

Looks like fuel reversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    I agree catch cans are successful at collecting a portion(!) of aerated oil / water that resides in the crankcase.

If you were to take your intake manifold off your car and saw the same oil residue as seen in punisher69's pics, that is present all the way to the intake valve, would you consider that an issue?

Why would I call that an issue? I don't expect a catch can to result in a bone dry intact track. Do you? That would be foolish to assume that would result.

Post Thanks / Like

Catch cans

Here’s mine after 38k , with the cheapest(used) catch can I could find for engine bling , because I’m well aware they are not needed on our engine. Direct port , sure , forced induction, sure. NA Hemi , no sir. But I got it for 60$ and it looks good. I don’t think the intake or the heads would look any different had I not had a can.
    Here’s the heads :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ronan978; 07-24-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, catch cans do help, probably more in the winter months, especially in damp/wet weather areas. Here's mine off both my early Hemi's....05 LX (83K), and 06 Hemi Jeep with with just over 100K on it. I pulled them all to install new seats, port/polish and mill .030 in. off to increase the compression about a half point. The LX has run synthetic oil (Mobil One) since about 5K and had a catch can since about 10K. The Jeep most likely ran dino. oil without a catch can for the first 49K. After that it had nothing but Mobil One synthetic and a catch can. The crap in the intake ports of the Jeep heads was sticky....like crude oil. Notice the LX heads are almost totally clean and free of any crap.

P9040017.jpgP1240051.jpg
    06 300CSRT8, Comp cammed, 85mm TB, HP/DS Tuners, 06 Jeep GCO and 05 Magnum RT both modded almost the same, MDS "ON" Lt, Fumoto Drain Valves, BT Catch Cans, SRT8 CAIs, AFE Filters, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC, DS and HP Tuners, Transgo Shift Kit, ARH Long Tube Hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvrs, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cams advanced (Jeep 6*/Maggie 10*), 6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK and Arrington 90mm T-Bodies, SOS Ign Coils,TEA ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SRT Reps.

Post Thanks / Like
    A few hairs drop on the dip stick would reflect a cup of oil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12