Post Thanks / Like

M̶A̶D̶-M̶A̶X̶ Chrysler 300c: 20,000 lumens & a roof basket

Some new additions to the car… Probably not the ideal vehicle for this setup, but it prevents me from needing a truck/jeep.
    I needed a spot for surfboards and other oversized miscellaneous gear, and recently pulled the trigger on some roof rails for the Chrysler. I already had the basket sitting around, so combine the two and the result is in the photos. The light bar might have been unnecessary/overkill….but the more I use it, the more I like it. Never have I felt more comfortable driving at speed down empty backroads. Deer eyes glow from a quarter mile out with plenty of time to slow down….
    Details:
    Roof-Rails: door mounted rails with custom install of wire with turnbuckle between front door mounts, running over the basket rails. This was probably unnecessary, but it eliminates any risk of the rails loosening and potentially flying off. If I could redo this project, I would just drill into the roof for a permanent setup, never have fear of them loosening.
    Basket: standard Thule product, great quality, no issues. My personal favourite basket on this car because it follows the contour of the vehicle. Tapers off on both ends and looks better than a brick up top…
    Light Bar: Halo/Spot combo light bar ~35 inches No drilling inside the vehicle for switches. Halo feature is wired directly into the fog light switch, Spot feature is on a wireless controller. This is a true spot light bar. Not one of these BS chinese combo’s that spews light everywhere. Directs light much further and much more focused than most, and has sharp cutoffs preventing it from bothering oncoming traffic unless directly in front of me (and no I don’t use it when traffic is around, but even the most remote roads have a car here and there. Light bar is shutoff when oncoming traffic is noticed) All wiring fit perfect running under the black plastic strips around the windshield, and all relays are bolted to an empty mount near the battery that the police chargers use for their wiring. Very clean wiring, looks stock... if light bars were such an option.

Overall it came out better than I thought. The light bar has proven to be more useful than expected. Entitled pricks blocking the left hand lane seem to actually move when flashed by it…

Last edited by Math; 02-14-2019 at 05:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Installing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Moved to proper section

2006 300SRT8
    SOLO Performance Mach X3 SRT exhaust / LMI V2 True CAI / Eibach Sways / StreetEdge coilovers / Trufiber hood / AMG paddles w/TRS300 wireless controller / Grant Revolution steering wheel / Arrington strut bar / BT engine bling incl. uni-strut caps / Rohana RC-10's / Kaption Audio amps, sub and speakers / Interior switch lighting by Diboblo / Instrument cluster by Black Cat Automotive and Tim Stone (TRS300) / StopTech SS brake lines

Post Thanks / Like
    That's an interesting look for the 300c and definitely functional! Your's is a fantastic looking example and I like the later gen wheels on it!
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.91 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Sport 4 315/35/20 & 275/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry man, I hate it. Each to is own of course.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Z View Post
    Sorry man, I hate it. Each to is own of course.
    Wasn’t built to be liked as much as functional. At the very least it takes away the inclination to think it’s another getto 300c, an unfortunate forethought these days when you see chrome wheels on a Chrysler....
    Likes BM_SRT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Not my cup of tea...

Design and install looks good.

Functional if in the Australian outback. lol
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site
    Likes Jay Z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by math View Post
    some new additions to the car… probably not the ideal vehicle for this setup, but it prevents me from needing a truck/jeep.
    i needed a spot for surfboards and other oversized miscellaneous gear, and recently pulled the trigger on some roof rails for the chrysler. I already had the basket sitting around, so combine the two and the result is in the photos. The light bar might have been unnecessary/overkill….but the more i use it, the more i like it. Never have i felt more comfortable driving at speed down empty backroads. Deer eyes glow from a quarter mile out with plenty of time to slow down….
    details:
    roof-rails: Door mounted rails with custom install of wire with turnbuckle between front door mounts, running over the basket rails. This was probably unnecessary, but it eliminates any risk of the rails loosening and potentially flying off. If i could redo this project, i would just drill into the roof for a permanent setup, never have fear of them loosening.
    basket: Standard thule product, great quality, no issues. My personal favourite basket on this car because it follows the contour of the vehicle. Tapers off on both ends and looks better than a brick up top…
    light bar: Halo/spot combo light bar ~35 inches no drilling inside the vehicle for switches. Halo feature is wired directly into the fog light switch, spot feature is on a wireless controller. This is a true spot light bar. Not one of these bs chinese combo’s that spews light everywhere. Directs light much further and much more focused than most, and has sharp cutoffs preventing it from bothering oncoming traffic unless directly in front of me (and no i don’t use it when traffic is around, but even the most remote roads have a car here and there. Light bar is shutoff when oncoming traffic is noticed) all wiring fit perfect running under the black plastic strips around the windshield, and all relays are bolted to an empty mount near the battery that the police chargers use for their wiring. Very clean wiring, looks stock... If light bars were such an option.

overall it came out better than i thought. The light bar has proven to be more useful than expected. Entitled pricks blocking the left hand lane seem to actually move when flashed by it…

quikbee_6.4
    Likes Math liked this post