Post Thanks / Like

Opinions: thinking of selling the 300 SRT8

Hello to all! I am thinking about selling my 2006 Chrysler 300SRT-8. I was curious if anyone had any ideas what is a good range to expect to get? I’m not sure if I want to try and sell it myself or trade it in. I like the Jeep SRT’s. Anyone with ideas of what kind of money i could get I would love to hear.

Details:
    23,000 original miles
    viper smart start system
    Bluetooth audio streaming installed into factory system
    Sunroof
    Navigation
    rear seat video
    Chrysler max care coverage until late March
    color is black and it’s in excellent shape. No significant body or interior issues.
    Will come with diablo tuner

'15 Charger SRT 392
    '06 Chrysler 300 SRT8
    '03 PT Cruiser
    '02 Navigator AWD

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice low miles and these look great in black. The age of course knocks down the value a little with each passing year, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could get $16K or better for it. Just may take a while for the right buyer to come along.

70-100K mile examples of 06 300 SRT8's are $7K-$10K cars all day long, still lots of life left in them if they haven't been beat into the ground at every chance. Thanks to those examples though there are still some people willing to pay a bit more for low miles.

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8
    Likes bellman25 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I payed 17k for mine with 25520 miles last year
    Likes bellman25 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a black 06 300C SRT8 that I am thinking of selling this summer and I can tell you that, as a trade in, you won't get anywhere near what you want for it and what they'll end up selling it for. Because I am thinking of selling, I recently did a nationwide search (cargurus) on 06 300 C SRT8 "asking" prices and they ran anywhere from about $5000 to $25000. The $25000 one had just over 2000 miles on it though. Prices also vary quite a bit depending on the market you're in and the availability within the market. For instance, in my area, there are none for sale at all, the closest one being well over 150 miles away. Also, they'll be more saleable as it gets closer to the spring/summer months. Since yours is really quite low mileage, I think I'd bite the bullet and try to sell it yourself, because the low mile ones tend to draw higher prices, depending on overall condition. Also, I wouldn't let anyone drive it until I had $$$ in hand. If they want a test drive, you drive it. Don't want someone just coming over to hot rod your baby and then say, no thanks.
    06 300CSRT8, cammed only so far, 06 Jeep GCO and 05 Magnum RT both modded almost the same, MDS "ON" Lt, Fumoto Drain Valves, BT Catch Cans, SRT8 CAIs, AFE Filters, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC, DS and HP Tuners, Transgo Shift Kit, ARH Long Tube Hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvrs, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cams advanced (Jeep 6*/Maggie 10*), 6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK and Arrington 90mm T-Bodies, SOS Ign Coils,TEA ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SRT Reps.
    Thanks bellman25 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, for sure, you'll get nothing close to real value on a trade-in. The trade-in is strictly a route of convenience to get the new car buyer in the door and out of his car, plus it's a good revenue generator for the used car department.

BTW starting to really feel like I did well when I bought my 2nd 2006 300C SRT8 at just 9393 miles for $18K. There were two on the market at that time with almost exact same miles and price, similarly optioned, but the first guy got squirrelly while I was dealing with him and that never ends well on a long-distance deal. Nothing like booking a flight several states over to show up with money and the guy has decided to sell it out from under you. So instead of going to Georgia I went to Kentucky and drove home a sweet nearly-new old car.

Richard
    Last edited by someotherguy; 02-05-2019 at 02:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not bad! I paid a little more for mine. It had about the same miles and it has everything including the rear seat tv and side airbags. Actually, I got it from a dealer and It included taxes, registration and tags were included so we paid about the same. Lol