Post Thanks / Like

Question Dash Replacement

Hello All,

It's been a while since I've posted on the forum but I need some help. I'm curious as to how difficult it is to change out the top of the dash on a 2005 300C. The original cover is warped from sun damage around the top vents. I was thinking maybe I can just replace the unit with new if it is not to difficult. I've searched the web without much luck. I thought maybe someone has seen something on how to do this job or maybe has done it themselves.

Best Regards, Tim

-

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump
    2006 300C SRT8, Mopar cold air intake, Magnaflow shorty headers, cats and exhaust. KW Variant 2 suspension, Pioneer head unit, 10" Infinity sub with custom built box in the trunk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you search this forum? I know guys have swapped them out. I recall threads with dash replacements in them.
    2006 Dodge Charger R/T - 85mm Throttle Body, AFE Stage 2 CAI, 6.1 Intake Manifold, Modern Muscle Intake Adapters, 219/223 cam, 6.1 pushrods, Manley NEXTEK Valve Springs, 6.1 Timing Chain, 6.1 oil pump, Edelbrock Titech Headers, Flowmasters X pipe, Thrush 2 Chamber Mufflers, Flowmaster Resonators and tailpipes, 3200 Edge Converter, Mopar TCM, Tranzformer, Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter, 3.06, Brake Performance drilled and slotted rotors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tim.

It is a load of work, but it can be done.

I've extracted complete dash assemblies and it takes a solid 4 hours. Just the pad shouldn't be nearly that bad.

Michelle's dash had the same issue, as well as around the passenger side main dash vent.

I removed all 3 dash vents, 2 top and one right side main, and used ABS glue and some Harbor Freight clamps, to glue the dash pad foam back to the plastic substrate.

Took a couple of hours prep and cure time.

Worked like a charm!

Give me a call, if you need anything at all.

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    Does Tim still exist? I have some questions about his VTCM and have tried direct messages and emails... Anyone have other contact info? Facebook even?

Thanks in advance!