Post Thanks / Like

Lighting issues... need help

Ok so long story i have had some kind of issue or another with the lights in my 05 300 since I got it. It's been one marker light after another or a tail light or a signal light all keep blowing I'm not overly worried about that cus **** happens and bulbs blow but it has always had this headlight flickering thing that seems like a common issue with the 300s and now it blew it's first rh low beam headlight so I decided to replace and upgrade all the headlights it had Sylvania 9006 51w low beams and 9005 60w high beam and replacing with xenon 80w low and 100w high beam after changing the 2 bulbs on the rh side turned the lights on to see the difference and after about 1 min the fog lights went out and wouldn't come back on and when the high beam is turned on both hi and lo beam come on at the same time so they were turned off and the Lh bulbs were changed and checked again and same thing no fog lights and all 4 lights come on when hi beam is selected
    Checked the fuses for lo hi and fog lights and all are good but the fog light icon on dash won't illuminate either ... I'm lost please help
    2005- 300-3.5L RWD
    2005- 1500 -Hemi 4x4

Post Thanks / Like
    In the U.S., your fogs shouldn't illuminate with the high beams selected.

I would check the relays, for the headlights and fogs, but it sounds like you may have an issue with the forward power distribution block, itself.

To begin with, since there are only a handful of relays... I would remove them, one at a time inspect the blades for corrosion and re-install.

Bob

Lux Technologies - LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    it's got me stumped as im pretty confident i know how to replace a light bulb( unplug, twist and remove reinstall don't touch the glass, twist and plug in turn on power and check opperation) and if it makes a difference it's a Canadian model and your right the fog lights are supposed to turn off with the high beam ... I went back out and took a second look the fuses 7, 25 and 27 for the fog as well as hi lo beam are all good and I swapped the fog light relay with a wiper relay and tried again ... turned the lo beam headlights on with the fog lights on and they worked for about 1min then the relay clicked and they cut out so I turned them off and left it for 30 min trying it again and same thing after 1min the relay clicked and they cut out again .. also fog lights aside after replacing all the hi lo beam bulbs on low beam they are fine it's just the outermost lights turn on but when the hi beam is selected now all 4 lights come on (low beam staying on with high beam lights) and be for it was the high beam or low beam only not all 4 so I'm now unsure if they are working right now or or they were working right before I replaced them

Post Thanks / Like
    Do a search for front fuse box, or front power distribution block. I remember reading, recently, that there are complete failures happening... similar to your issue. The fix was to replace the entire thing. Apparently, they fail due to internal corrosion.

Hopefully, you can turn something up. It really sounds like this may be the cause.

On the other hand, the speedometer handles some of the lighting logic, from what I remember.

Lastly, it may be as simple as a bad headlight switch...

Just throwing some suggestions out there, brother.

Bob

Lux Technologies - LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]

Post Thanks / Like
    Omg ... none of that sounds like it's easy or cheap .. the pdm block your talking about is that the whole fuse panel or just the metal box on the front and I know they changed up in 08 so it's only the 05 to 07 that's the same would it be worth trying to swap out for salvage yard parts .. the last thing I want is to go to the dealer for a big bill and no resolve ...
    And thank you Bob I do appreciate the help

Post Thanks / Like
    Just the fuse box. I think it just unplugs, from the harness, underneath.

I would hit up a salvage.

Maybe Clevland Pick a Part?

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Switch?? The headlight switch has been a problem in this particular group of cars.

inTune 91 CAI, 180 stat, BB 6dB reso delete,Tranzformer, MDS indicator, ESP/BAS switch. Wire mesh grille, smoked and flashing side markers, 9005 2400k 65W fogs, rear fogs, debadged and demolded, 245/45/20 and 295/40/20 Continental DW's on 9"/10" F/R Viper Replicas, BCR Coilovers, Drake strut brace. Interior accent LED 's. 55/35 tint, BT catch can. LED interior lighting. BT bling, front parking sensors. Rear seat heaters. Color matched tails "MoPar" puddle lights. Custom front lip.
    MyGig 730N, Pyle 9.2" screen, iPod, front and rear cams.
    Likes diboblo liked this post