Post Thanks / Like

SRT8 power steering in a C?

Hit a deer with my car and it took out the power steering reservoir, ac, and radiator. I ended up finding a 2006 SRT8 without the engine or transmission for $1600. My question is, I know the steering system is different on the SRT's, how difficult will it be to switch everything over?20181121_062056.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Same chassis so everything should bolt on. I would be iffy on swapping used suspension arms usless they looked new or were in like new condition. Basically everything from the SRT would be an upgrade & worth putting on your C. From front to rear.

06 SRTC
    - SPC - Hellwig/Police Sways - BC Coils/Swift Springs - Drake FSB - LMI CF CAI - Corsa Extreme - 08+ Black Leather Int. Conv. - 2010 SRT Charger Interior - Hurst - 91 Tune - MTCM - SRT Night 20X9/10 Wheels - JBA high flow cats - 3.91 Getrag - HC 6 Pot - LED OEM Tail Conv. - Sponh Arms - BT Bling - Chrome Delete -

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ENUF PWR View Post
    Same chassis so everything should bolt on. I would be iffy on swapping used suspension arms usless they looked new or were in like new condition. Basically everything from the SRT would be an upgrade & worth putting on your C. From front to rear.
    Thank you for the reply! Yep, I figured everything would be a direct fit, just wondering if the juice was worth the squeeze is all. It looks like it should be pretty straight forward, figuring while I have the front end all torn apart would probably be the best time to do something like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Direct transfer, you'll need an alignment afterwards. No upgrade suspension between the two - other than the spindles will have a deeper yoke allowing for a wider wheel (calipers not interchangeable).
    Last edited by Hemissary; 11-30-2018 at 12:12 AM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Thanks troper thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Direct transfer, you'll need an alignment afterwards. No upgrade suspension between the two - other than the spindles will have a deeper yoke allowing for a wider wheel (calipers not interchangeable).
    You mention no upgraded suspension between the 2, does the SRT not have lower sprins than just the C, or did that come later? I'm planning to put the brakes, spindles, and rear diff in at some point.

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lowered springs (slightly) is what I believe you are referring to. Not sure how much lower. It would have been during the first SRT release.

Post Thanks / Like
    About 1/2" lower.

inTune 91 CAI, 180 stat, BB 6dB reso delete,Tranzformer, MDS indicator, ESP/BAS switch. Wire mesh grille, smoked and flashing side markers, 9005 2400k 65W fogs, rear fogs, debadged and demolded, 245/45/20 and 295/40/20 Continental DW's on 9"/10" F/R Viper Replicas, BCR Coilovers, Drake strut brace. Interior accent LED 's. 55/35 tint, BT catch can. LED interior lighting. BT bling, front parking sensors. Rear seat heaters. Color matched tails "MoPar" puddle lights. Custom front lip.
    MyGig 730N, Pyle 9.2" screen, iPod, front and rear cams.

Post Thanks / Like
    69334113_10205320893258578_7219782734007238656_o.jpg
    Swapped mine out with SRT and it dropped about an inch. Swapped the brakes as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ended up swapping literally everything from the SRT8 into my car, everything worked great! Much happier with the way it handles and rides now!