Post Thanks / Like

SRT8 Bumper Swap Question

Hello Everyone,

I’ve been researching doing an SRT8 front bumper swap and of course most of the threads are a bit older so the pictures do not always work. I keep reading that you need to swap the headlights but after researching photos of the different years/models of 300 I’ve noticed my headlights look pretty much identical to the SRT8 of the same year.

I have a 2010 300 S 5.7

Would I have to swap my headlights or fog lights? I’ve read the belly pan is different but that you can make it work.

Thanks guys for your time

This is my vehicle.

IMG_0186.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    The 300c 5.7 models have the same shape headlights and foglights so you will be good with what you currently have.
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.55 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Super Sport 295/35/20 & 255/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Likes UpInSmoke, RXMilitia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The real differences between the two setups - lip at the bottom of the bumper (all one piece integrated with bumper), and real ductwork from the holes next to the foglights leading towards the brakes. If you're just going for looks then no need to change the belly pan, as that's where the ductwork is.

The 2005 and early 2006 300C SRT8's used a regular 300C bumper that had been modified with a separate lip added on; later models have a one-piece bumper designed to look the same.

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8
    Likes RXMilitia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, that will save me quite a bit of dough if I don’t have to get different lights. Now I just have to lock down a solid estimate to paint one. Have my fingers crossed that I can find a grip grill

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RXMilitia View Post
    Thanks guys, that will save me quite a bit of dough if I don’t have to get different lights. Now I just have to lock down a solid estimate to paint one. Have my fingers crossed that I can find a grip grill

Good luck with that! I actually like the one you have oem, I bought the same after going through countless grilles.

Last edited by BM_SRT; 06-14-2018 at 04:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BM_SRT View Post
    Good luck with that! I actually like the one you have, I bought the same after going through countless grilles.

I love those wheels man. I almost regret my recent purchase of wheels and wish I would have went with those in 22” lol oh well.

These are the new new 22x9. They’re not staying black though. Debating on selling my stock wheels/tires because they’re pretty good condition but might also keep them and put them on for road trips.

IMG_0225.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RXMilitia View Post
    I love those wheels man. I almost regret my recent purchase of wheels and wish I would have went with those in 22” lol oh well.

These are the new new 22x9. They’re not staying black though. Debating on selling my stock wheels/tires because they’re pretty good condition but might also keep them and put them on for road trips.

IMG_0225.JPG

Thanks, I never found anything I liked better than the OEM srt wheels. I widened the rears to 10" for a wider tire.

Your pictures are coming up tiny btw, but the wheels look nice from what I can see!