Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    i cant see photobucket pics....(always get on this site at work only) but the guy who i was reffering to is member mopar5150 and thought it was a vortech...never bothered to look at the SC all the times ive seen it haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    just wondering if it was feasible. like i stated before, i aint got those pockets nor would i attempt it...im happy with the theme im doing now (check the ride in the garage).

was just wondering cuz that shell looked like a complete knock off the first gen except the rake. other than that it looks like they added a more bend to the rear quarter panel. everything else seems the same to me so was just wondering say....after a few unlucky owners wreck theirs or these cars pop up to be scrapped after being thrashed at a spring fest or other event, could you just pick up those parts and frankenstien a gen1 to a gen 2.

the rake is the buck stopper in this mod. Everything else seems like you can just swap it out. Totally agree the first gen stands out...

Quote Originally Posted by Runner2go View Post
    For the love of God Man.... WHY!!!!

The exterior of the Gen1 is 100x better looking than the new pussified Gen2
    Toss on strut bar, sway bars, wheels, tires, grip front end and call it a day.
    Then toss a maggie under the hood someday for good measure.

No matter what you do to the new one it is never going to stand out in a crowd like the Gen1.
    And who wants a stupid 1/4 window in the rear door for no good reason.
    And whoever decided it was a good idea to drop the front door sill below the line of the hood should be taken out to the shed & shot.

Good ideas on Gen2...
    Changing the rake of the windshield back an inch or so.
    Better interior... hands down.

They can keep the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, not the same shell.

Actually, Chrysler took a lesson from the Germans with the 300. It became an iconic car for Chrysler. I mean, look how quick it became an overnight success.

So, just like Porsche, VW, Mercedes, and BMW.. They "evolved" the car. While the unibody is totally different it retains the same basic designs.

I'm actually having fun with this topic.. The history behind the industry has always been a passion of mine...

So here are some examples of the evolution of some icons...

BMW 3 series.. Remember that each car pictured is really totally different from the next..

And we all know the 911....

But.. How about the VW Golf??

Finally, I really got a kick out of this one... The Mid-Size Benz, The E Class now... Going all the way to the 50's..

OK.... I'll stop now....
    Jeff

2010 Jeep Liberty Limited; Red / Beige Leather
    1985 Dodge 600ES Turbo Convertible (only 45k original miles)
    2006 Mercedes R350 (Wifey's kiddie bus)
    Gone: 2007 Chrysler 300C; Cool Vanilla (Diablosport Predator, B/T Catch Can, AEM Brute Force Intake)

"Just because you read the manual, doesn't mean you can drive the car"

www.terminalsandconnectors.com

Post Thanks / Like
    you are the man josworth!! haha, I threw a curve ball and you hit a home run with it
    The best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger, it is self-lubricating,
    it takes any size piston, and it changes its own oil every four weeks.
    It's only a pity that the management system is so temperamental.

Post Thanks / Like
    im a fan of the 1st gen, but please somebody please make a instrument swap along with media center swap from a 2nd into a 1st and im game for that!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    you know what...i bet that will be easy to do EXCEPT the labor put into it....hahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boggart View Post
    Wait, you know of someone that put a first gen charger body on a new gen charger suspension? Details please.

Sorry for the late response, but no, I donīt.
    Koilovers would be the way to sort out the suspension on a first gen, the more you spend...

Fredrik

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JOsworth View Post
    That is not correct. Both the 300 and Charger got the same updates. Like mentioned above...both cars have entirely different unibody structures. Any similarities (like common power train and suspension parts) were just to continue using the same parts. When it comes to the hard contact / bolt to structure, the cars are totally different. Both the 300 and Charger.
    I was just referring to the platform update - the 300C is still built on the LX platform. The Charger no longer on the LX, now on an LD platform.

That is all

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joem_ View Post
    I was just referring to the platform update - the 300C is still built on the LX platform. The Charger no longer on the LX, now on an LD platform.

That is all
    While "LD" is technically correct, LD is a body code. The Charger and 300 still share the same base platform. With Chrysler, they will change designations for various markets. Listed below is the L series body codes. Some important notes... We all know the European cars were the same yet they have a different body code. Here it is:

L1- CKD?
    L2- 300C CKD (Chinese, 2007-up)
    LA- Challenger/Challenger replacement (2015-up)
    LC- Challenger SRT8 (2008-2014)
    LC- Challenger base, R/T (2009-2014)
    LD- Charger (2nd gen, 2011-2016)
    LD- Charger SRT8 (2nd gen, 2012-2016)
    LE- 300, Magnum, Charger (Europe)
    LF- NEW
    LH- 300M (1999-2004)
    LH- Concorde (1993-1998)
    LH- Intrepid (1993-1998)
    LH- LHS (1994-2001, no 1998 model)
    LH- New Yorker (1994-1997)
    LH- Vision (1993-1998)
    LK- ?
    LL- NEW
    LS- ? (included R/T and SRT model, vehicle cancelled)
    LT- ?
    LX- 300, 300C, 300C SRT8 (1st gen, 2005-2010)
    LX- 300, 300C, 300C (2nd gen, 2011-2016)
    LX- 300C SRT8 (2nd gen, 2012-2016)
    LX- Charger, Charger SRT8 (1st gen, 2006-2010)
    LX- Magnum (1st gen, 2005-2008)
    LX- Magnum SRT8 (1st gen, 2006-2008)
    LY- (code dropped, may return)
    LZ- (code dropped, may return)

Post Thanks / Like
    wow...i thought the challenger was on the LD platform but guess not...and they already got a new platform coming for it? I also thought the 2nd gen charger was on the same lx platform too....so....is the LD platform going to be the new blanket platform to use to then be replaced by the LA platform? i know angelino's would love to sport that. guess lx forums might have to change their website soon haha :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Hint... now different looking cars have a different code.....they are still on the same platform.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Ever have any success? Didn't want to create a new thread since I came across this one. Now that I run a bodyshop, i'm very interested in at least a front bumper/headlight conversion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Share This Thread