Post Thanks / Like

5000rpm kick @ 2500rpm

Okay, I'm tired of getting beat up on. My 3.5 seems quick on the gas, however when up against other vehicles (3 series BMW, Acura TL, etc.) I get spanked. I'm searching around to possibly get myself into a black R/T for some Hemi power. Until then, if at all,

someone has got to figure out a way to get that kick from something opening up at 5000rpm, down to a level where it's seriously needed like around 2500rpm! PLEASE! I know my 22's aren't helping the situation at all, but I would like some more power.
    Suave's double trouble on Dub Duces
    So who's the star
    Him or the car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps B&G flash... I think, barring the supercharger, that stands the best chance of waking it up. I don't have one, but that guys on this board that do all have positive things to say. Haven't seen one disappointed customer (once all the bugs were worked out.)
    2005 Brilliant Black Magnum SXT
    2016 Redline Charger Scat Pack

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~O' ye delicious smoked swinery~~
    `~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    the kick you may be feeling might be the dual tuned manifold. the v6 manifold has two chambers in the runner.

one side stays closed for lower rpm grunt/pull/torque, then when to a certain level, it opens up allowing for more air flow and higher rpm pull...

thats just on a mechanical side... the flash may make it so both chambers open quicker...

Post Thanks / Like
    autostick it and hold the rpms up to keep the plenum open. at lower rpm you want it closed for the additional torque.

Post Thanks / Like
    At first I thought the 5,000 RPM kick was the variable intake manifold. But that's not the case at all.

It's the lousy torque converter in the 4 speed. What you're feeling is the torque converter unlocking. After you feel that unlock, slow down and hit the gas a bit in the low RPM's. You'll have a nice strong pull until the TCM decides to start locking up again.

I made a whole thread regarding this issue and the problem with the 4 speed auto. http://www.lxforums.com/board/f74/42...k-here-300667/

Anyone who feels this "kick" and thinks it's the variable intake manifold. Slow down right afterwards, and floor it through the RPM range, and you won't feel the kick at 5,000 or so RPM. This is because the TCC is already unlocked, giving you full torque multiplication throughout the powerband. This is how it should be all the time; unfortunately the idiots at Chrysler didn't have a clue. In hot weather, the torque converter remains partially or fully locked up regardless of throttle position, and this hampers acceleration greatly.

If you 3.5/4 speed owners ever wonder why your car sometimes feels downright quick, and other times a dead dog, this is your answer. No, the Predator doesn't solve it, nor does a CAI, exhaust, or any other suggestion on here.
    Last edited by 4 speed owner; 11-14-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not so fast, 5 speeds do the same, and my TC stays unlocked until a very low load.

"
    He is just fast everywhere"
    - FlyByU

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to drive the 4 speed to know what I'm talking about. The 4 speed torque converter literally will not unlock in some circumstances.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an EDGE 3400 high stall converter for the 4spd tranny if ya need one..That will get you in the power band quicker for sure...only 1000 miles on it too!!

This will help too.....http://www.lxforums.com/board/f249/4...d-swap-294412/

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a 5 speed I suggest finding 3.64 rear gears out of a 4 speed 3.5 and getting a high stall torque converter

GreenGoblin.
    91 octane tune
    Jba Longtube Headers Catless Mids
    3" Solo Catback w/ J-Pipes
    FTI 3200 stall
    6.4 Cam

06 V6 to 2010 VVT Hemi Conversion. Cant datalog wishing for fix!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to try to eliminate the secondary butter fly valve on the intake this would be the one on the left side standing in front of it. perhaps this can increase the boost faster just a thought. I know in the 2008 I think they did away with it.

Stock 2016 GO MANGO Charger R/T 8 speed.
    Hell Cat Air Filter,Tints,Tail light tints, De Badged
    Air silencer Mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Ur car is much heavier than a 3 series 330 or 335 or a acura tl.. Even with The same power level they are quicker due to weight and aerodynamics. My cammed srt8 almost lost to a bone stock cls55 amg. Had him by barely half car. Id expect my car to have over 450crank as his has 450 factory and due to its aerodynamics there top end is stronger

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    *New for 2013: PWR Heads,GTP S3 Ported Manifold,90mm TB*,Tuned,Slammed (SOLD 6-14-13)

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I read in the manual that putting the 4 speed in [3] instead of [D] will force the TCC unlocked. I'm a newb on the LX platform, but in two weeks I was already sick of the random performance and low speed shudder in city driving. I've been driving it around in [3] the last few days. In my area the city driving is 45 speed limit max and people rarely get up to that. At these speeds [3] is an improvement.
    Last edited by doublechaz; 01-12-2020 at 05:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine would start to not want to shift at WOT at around 40 mph. Wouldn't shift until I let off the accelerator. My issue had to do with the adaptives trying to learn me forcing it to shift with a supercharger installed. Poor 42RLE just couldn't take the power. I ended up doing a W5A580 (NAG1) swap. 42RLE is good for about 300-315 hp before it starts to have problems.
    Last edited by sojiaraggs9000; 01-14-2020 at 10:17 PM.
    Likes Ultimagic5 liked this post

Share This Thread