Vortech Superchargers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Lucky for us, someone at Vortech listened to you Ralph, and made this happen.

Ken
    they don't listen closely, they they think it was all their idea. but ass long as it gets done that is all that matters. now for that c.a.r.b. number. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I took Hemi C's advise

Last edited by gsochallenger; 02-19-2010 at 12:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    MaxFlow arrived this week and I did the quick and easy install yesterday.
    Compared to the Forge Valve which I was running before the difference is not that much like compared to the stock platic Bosch valve which came with the Vortech kit.

But you can definitely feel the difference. The new MaxFlow is acting faster which means it releases the overpressure faster than the stock or the Forge valve - gives you a more responsive throttle.

Had the issue with the stock or the Forge Valve espacially when racing or drifting. When I was in 2nd or 3rd.....racing around a corner and the rear lost traction - I release the gas a little bit - the stock system couldn't release the overpressure fast enough (espacially at above 4k rpm) so the car was accelerating for another half a second until the boost was out of the system which wasn't really easy to handle as the rear was sliding at that point.

Now with the new MaxFlow it seems that this issue is solved. As soon as you take your foot of the pedal it stops accelerating.

This doesn't come from a special valve design but just from the increased diameters which you can see on the pictures.

What I also did was to remove the lower fascia and replaced it with a metal mesh.
    this really helped to keep the charge temps some degrees lower as with the stock fascia insert the air doesn't really touch the complete Vortech water cooler.

'09 Dodge Challenger 6.1 SRT8 6speed (KW Coilovers Stage 2, Hotchkis Swaybars, Razor's Edge Strut Brace, Oil Catch Can, MBRP T304 Cool Duals, Magnaflow catted mids, Vortech V-3 SC, 8piston Brembos, ...)

doin it sideways - 2010:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aySw5YIlM_k

doin it sideways. much better than going straight:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8_jJRzIs7I

bavarian mountains and some american muscle:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2MK8Z2Fe3I

Post Thanks / Like
    wut is that hose on the bov for? where is it leading to?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slconde View Post

That hooks up to the vacuum line on your brake booster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slconde View Post
    WOT - overpressure in the vacuum/ intake of the system due to boost.
    release the gas pedal - underpressure in the vacuum/ intake - BOV will open
    and release the overpressure out of your intake system.

without the vacuum line this BOV won't never open.
    it's the same setup like with the stock Vortech system ... in this case just upgraded with the bigger and better MaxFlow BOV.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone with a V6 running one of these

The Boss : Vortec Supercharged 3.5 V6 AE Carbon ported lower intake and TB! too many mods to list just have to see it person.Member ACLX Club as you can see we don't play around out here.!Update! Soon to be loaded with Inertia Racing Heads and Cams! !New Dual Sunroofs! (check out my post)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Today I installed the new Vortech MAXFLOW RACE BYPASS AND BLOWOFF VALVE. Installation is very straight forward.

The bypass valve opening point can be adjusted from 3" Hg to 6" Hg. The blowoff valve opening point is set as 16" Hg.

During my test drive I noticed that the transition from boost, and no boost was much smother, and the deceleration whistle is awesome to hear.

Bosch valve on the left... MAXFLOW RACE BYPASS & BLOWOFF VALVE on the right.

Before install

After install

Ken
    Where did you get the piping for the Bosch bypass valve? Did you buy the pipe with the adapter on it already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Share This Thread