Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Factory Reproductions View Post
    We will be doing the Demon wheel reps in sizes/offsets for the non-wide body rwd lx platforms only to start and only in 20" diameter.
    Do you have a design concept in mind

Sent from my SM-G955U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Ltngdrvr,

First, we thank you and everyone that gives us input and opinions on our existing and possible future products. The cost to build new wheel molds and set up the machining and finishing lines is substantial. We do listen carefully to all input on every aspect of any wheel we contemplate replicating. The pre-production interest and pre-orders for the Demon wheels we are working on in 20" satin black and gloss black finishes for standard RWD LX platform cars is pretty amazing. We are as sure as we possibly can be without the product in our hands that the Demon reps will be a very good "mover". We get input from many different sources including email "feelers" to our wholesale accounts, forums we sponsor (LX Forum, ScatPack Forum, 300C SRT8 Forum), car clubs, performance shops, etc. We are looking into doing something in a 18"x10" or 18"x10.5" for rear drag wheels but no 18" diameter fronts so it is a separate market completely from us making complete sets of wheels for cars. As to the "Hyper Black" finish, it is not an easy finish to duplicate and when the color is off just a little or the clear coat is just a little more or just a little less glossy than the oem finish, in our opinion, the difference is glaring. So you can see from our standpoint, we aren't going to run wheels we aren't absolutely certain are at least a reasonable match. I am with you, if we had the Hyper Black finish 20"x10.5" Hellcat rep wheels that were a close or better match to the oem finish, we would sell lots of wheel pairs. We have not given up on trying to get a match to the oem Hyper Black finish that is consistent, but at this time we are focusing on getting our new products set up in time for the SEMA Show the first week of November. We appreciate you taking the time to give us very valuable insight.

Bruce
    Bruce Rhodes
    800-824-2676
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Rawyzf,

As of this moment, we are leaning toward doing the Hellcat reps in 18"x10.5" +25mm offset (same offset as our 20"x10.5" Hellcat reps). I hate it when it comes down to dollars and cents, but this is one of those times. We are working on projecting expected sales against the mold/line set-up costs. I am pushing that we move forward with the 18" drag wheels. We should have a decision within a week or so. If we do go forward, it would most likely be in satin black, bronze and maybe gloss black finishes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Ltngdrvr,

First, we thank you and everyone that gives us input and opinions on our existing and possible future products. The cost to build new wheel molds and set up the machining and finishing lines is substantial. We do listen carefully to all input on every aspect of any wheel we contemplate replicating. The pre-production interest and pre-orders for the Demon wheels we are working on in 20" satin black and gloss black finishes for standard RWD LX platform cars is pretty amazing. We are as sure as we possibly can be without the product in our hands that the Demon reps will be a very good "mover". We get input from many different sources including email "feelers" to our wholesale accounts, forums we sponsor (LX Forum, ScatPack Forum, 300C SRT8 Forum), car clubs, performance shops, etc. We are looking into doing something in a 18"x10" or 18"x10.5" for rear drag wheels but no 18" diameter fronts so it is a separate market completely from us making complete sets of wheels for cars. As to the "Hyper Black" finish, it is not an easy finish to duplicate and when the color is off just a little or the clear coat is just a little more or just a little less glossy than the oem finish, in our opinion, the difference is glaring. So you can see from our standpoint, we aren't going to run wheels we aren't absolutely certain are at least a reasonable match. I am with you, if we had the Hyper Black finish 20"x10.5" Hellcat rep wheels that were a close or better match to the oem finish, we would sell lots of wheel pairs. We have not given up on trying to get a match to the oem Hyper Black finish that is consistent, but at this time we are focusing on getting our new products set up in time for the SEMA Show the first week of November. We appreciate you taking the time to give us very valuable insight.

Bruce
    Well, when the time comes to buy wheels, if you guys haven't got the hyper black done, then I'll just have to paint a set up. I guess that would only void the finish side of your warranty, and not the structural?

And, just to be clear, I wasn't looking to match the color of the oem SRT hyper exactly, not critical to me as I would be buying the full set of 4 wheels, 9.5 and 10.5, I just like that general color for a Billet Silver car.
    Last edited by Ltngdrvr; 08-22-2017 at 03:47 PM.
    Thanks Factory Reproductions thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Rawyzf,

As of this moment, we are leaning toward doing the Hellcat reps in 18"x10.5" +25mm offset (same offset as our 20"x10.5" Hellcat reps). I hate it when it comes down to dollars and cents, but this is one of those times. We are working on projecting expected sales against the mold/line set-up costs. I am pushing that we move forward with the 18" drag wheels. We should have a decision within a week or so. If we do go forward, it would most likely be in satin black, bronze and maybe gloss black finishes.
    Dollar and Cents make sense, you're a business that needs to make money.

I'm glad to hear it is on the table too! I'd love a set in Bronze, but I wasn't even going to be that picky. I would be find with the Satin Black .

If you need any assistance with fitment, I'd be glad to help. I love the 20x10.5 Rears I have now, with 315/35s and no issues with fitment at all!
    2016 Challenger 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker
    Redline Red Tri-Coat Pearl
    Black / Ruby Suede/Nappa Leather
    Thanks Factory Reproductions thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Ltngdrvr,

Yes, it would only void the finish part of our warranty. I understand you are not trying to match the Hyper Black finish but the far majority of the requests we have gotten for the Hyper Black finish have been for the 20"x10.5" rear wheels to go with the oem's. I like having a silver and/or grey option as a finish like our Viper wheels, some of our Corvette wheels and some of our Chevy/GMC pickup wheels. I am going to suggest we terminate our Hellcat reps with the machined face/black inset and replace them with a Hyper Black, Hyper Silver, or something that goes with the silver and grey paint finishes. We did a great job of matching the bronze (brass monkey) oem finish and we have sold more 20"x10.5" bronze Hellcat reps in pairs than we have in staggered sets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Ltngdrvr,

Yes, it would only void the finish part of our warranty. I understand you are not trying to match the Hyper Black finish but the far majority of the requests we have gotten for the Hyper Black finish have been for the 20"x10.5" rear wheels to go with the oem's. I like having a silver and/or grey option as a finish like our Viper wheels, some of our Corvette wheels and some of our Chevy/GMC pickup wheels. I am going to suggest we terminate our Hellcat reps with the machined face/black inset and replace them with a Hyper Black, Hyper Silver, or something that goes with the silver and grey paint finishes. We did a great job of matching the bronze (brass monkey) oem finish and we have sold more 20"x10.5" bronze Hellcat reps in pairs than we have in staggered sets.
    Well, I hope you guys come up with something like that.

I'm just not a black wheel enthusiast, I like my wheels to stand out more than that.

Considered the machine face wheels, but they are not my favorite either.

And the brass monkey color looks real good on red, blue and black cars, but not silver or gray cars.

There are some reps out there in hyper black, but they are only 9" wide, which wouldn't be wide enough for the tires I want to go with.

So, I'll keep watching to see what you guys come up with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are the demon wheels going to have chrome option?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello hotrod1,

Yes, we shall be offering the Demon reps in chrome.

Bruce

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Share This Thread