Post Thanks / Like

Rear Fog Lights?

Does anyone know how to activate the rear fogs on the 300C SRT 8? I know the Euro versions come with it automatically when you push the Fog Light button twice. Would I have to buy the Euro light switch?

(the rear fogs on our cars are the bottom parking lights on the tail lights)
    "Men, when you get home and see a anti-war protester you just smile and shake his hand, then wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a Pussy"
    Gen. Tommy Franks

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, I am pretty sure that light is for reverse. "R".. lol. They won't put fog lights on our taillights for legal safety..... aka blinding the people behind you. Maybe I have no idea what the hel! I am talking about or maybe I misread your post... its 2 am.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY69TH View Post
    Does anyone know how to activate the rear fogs on the 300C SRT 8? I know the Euro versions come with it automatically when you push the Fog Light button twice. Would I have to buy the Euro light switch?

(the rear fogs on our cars are the bottom parking lights on the tail lights)
    My Volvo came with rear fog lights, and I got a warning from a police officer for them. I've heard they're illegal in most U.S. States on the grounds they're distracting (I know that doesn't answer your question, but thought I'd give this warning before you look at going down this road) to drivers, since most are difficult to differentiate from brake lights.
    Warning: The above post probably contains 2 or 3 times as many words as necessary.

2005 SXT AWD. Bought March 2009. Totaled January 16th, 2013. 75k excellent miles together.
    2006 Volvo S60R. Acquired Feb, 2013. Totaled September 18th, 2013. Too soon, beautiful girl, too soon.
    1966 Ford F100. Acquired March, 2013.
    2014 Jeep GC Overland. Life's new commuter.

Post Thanks / Like
    there is no "activation" for them in the USA, the wiring at the bulb isn't there. the bottom lamps have a 3 circuit design, Run, Brake(or fog lamp), Ground..

the brake/fog wiring ins't there, so even with the Euro lamp switch you won't get anything..

--

now with that said, I did activate mine as a secondary brake lamp, I jumped a wire from the upper brake lamp down to that location using the mopar wire repair kit for the connector (so it had the correct PIN and wire color in it) and then attached my lowers to a wig-wag flasher so they flashed 3 times when I braked then went solid:.

I used to have a video on it, let me see if I can find it.
    I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you fail to understand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies,
    For those who don't know the bottom red parking light on euro models can act as a rear fog light (a constant bright red) for bad weather. I know most people in the U.S. don't know how to use them or know they have them (some euro cars like Audi, BMW, MB, Volvo come with them)
    As fnkycld pointed out above (thanks) check out this link, it has a video of it.
    http://www.300cforums.com/forums/lig...fog-light.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MattRMagnum View Post
    My Volvo came with rear fog lights, and I got a warning from a police officer for them. I've heard they're illegal in most U.S. States on the grounds they're distracting (I know that doesn't answer your question, but thought I'd give this warning before you look at going down this road) to drivers, since most are difficult to differentiate from brake lights.
    They should be illegal in England too because most of the people here who use them shouldn't be behind the wheel. We never get fog bad enough on the roads I travel to use them, but somebody always has to use them.......

UK law states they should be used when visibilty is less than 100 metres (330 feet) but people here use them when you can see for miles and the traffic is nose to tail!

You don't want them, they are better left as dual tail lights. I've been driving for 23 years and I think only once have I deemed the fog bad enough to use them, and that was living in the middle of no where.

Worst thing is, here people use them in heavy rain and that is dangerous due to the glare.

Stef
    2007 300C SRT8 Brilliant Black Crystal
    Predator 93 CAI Performance Tune
    K&N Typhoon CAI
    DMH Low Profile Cutouts (Both leak, he never sent promised warranty replacements)
    Jet 180 Tstat
    Blastin Bob's GP300X4 (Both tail pipes split)
    BT Catch Can
    Startech Aluminium Gear Shift
    Startech Aluminium Door Pins
    22elite SRT8 Console Cover
    Tints

Share This Thread