Post Thanks / Like

red halo fix a ticket

I received a fix it ticket in long beach, do I have to remove them to get the ticket signed off or can I just remove the switch and relay.
    Mods : pedders street 2 with coil overs, stack performance sway bars, stack perfromance 3rd member brace, speed logix rear billet tension arms, speed logix bump steer kit, speed logix shock tower bracr, R1 concepts brake upgrade, danko shaker hood hooked up to a S&B cold air intake, diablo sport 93 octane tune and some stuff I forgot.

Post Thanks / Like
    remove them completely. What you can do is find some one with a spare set of lights and swap them for your haloed ones. When ticket is taken care swap back in your haloed lights.
    2010 Detonator Yellow Challenger
    "DETONATOR"
    2006 Charger R/T,[B] FRI 392 [B]
    "Daddys Toy" Hemi Rgeisrty#556
    Thanks jross239 thanked for this post
    Likes ICLOSEM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    just like mentioned above, I'd borrow a set of stock headlights from a buddy or local member.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^ X3!
    Or if you know some one with a shop have them fill out a repair receipt This works here I dont know if they check in CA

AZ Modern Mopar Muscle

Post Thanks / Like
    just remember don't drive with them on....
    Hemi Registry #1348 SuperFrawgie 1361

Post Thanks / Like
    ditto. I got a fix it ticket for blacked out tails lol. I just got new ones and gave the old ones as a trade. Also, don't drive with halos on. If you wanna sell em, ill take em ^^
    '06 5.7 BB CHARGER RT. PB 12.5@108.8 DA 2100 Spartan +, PBV Heads, 3.91 getrag, MTCM, Blue Tops, SRT8 exhaust, Edge 3500 TC, 180 tstat, LMI Airhammer, NT05r 305-45-18, Diablo tuner with STU tune. Soon to install my 6.1 intake mani on my soon to be ported heads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't you just pay the fine and leave them alone?
    '07 Maggie R/T, JBA ceramic cat forward shorties, Dynomax catback, Mopar CAI, DiaboloSport, and tranzformer on the wish list.

Post Thanks / Like
    you can have a sheriff or CHP sign it off after you fix it and pay a $35-50 fee.. Or you can pay about $200 at the courthouse and keep em on. ive received about 3 exhaust tickets in the past and didn't have time to switch it once and paid about $200 for not being able to fix it.
    Royal Flush Crew - Los Angeles ! instagram: @ivanz_rfc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanz View Post
    you can have a sheriff or CHP sign it off after you fix it and pay a $35-50 fee.. Or you can pay about $200 at the courthouse and keep em on. ive received about 3 exhaust tickets in the past and didn't have time to switch it once and paid about $200 for not being able to fix it.
    While you are correct, the CHP or local sheriff can sign the cite off, you still must appear in court, or the court clerk, to clear the citation. Unfortunately, a lot of folks believe just having the cite signed off by law enforcement clears the violation, end up with warrants for Failure to Appear. On the other hand, because California's Vehicle Code prohibits ANY forward facing red lights, with the exception of authorized emergency vehicles, paying a $200 "fine" and retaining the red halos is a no go.

Unless the violation type has been changed, the initial citation is a equipment violation, which usually does not appear as a point on your driving record. However, if you were to merely swap out the lights in order to have the cite signed off, replaced the red halos and received a subsequent citation, the penalties could be stiffer and it could end up as a moving violation.

Just from a personal perspective, over the years I observed many vehicles sporting "illegal" lighting equipment at various "meet and greets" and such, on private property. Though technically even having the red lights on the car was a citable offense, I and no officer I worked with, ever issued a cite unless the driver had them on while driving. Most cops are "car guys" and we get it... just use common sense and there will rarely be a problem.

Okay, now I'm ready for all the "The cops are harrassin' me cuz my car's illegal..." rants.
    W.W.E.D.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had red halos with a switch on a previous Magnum. Forgot to turn them off one morning and Brea PD pulled me over. He was kinda of pissed but when I showed him I could switch them on and off he let me go. Cool guy! I replaced them promptly with white halos so not to be hassled.

2008 SRT8
    Car #38 of 240
    #12 of 53 in TorRed

LMI true CAI, Diablo Trinity, TranZformer shift kit, BT catch can, 180 t-stat, 22" Foose Legends - 10.5 rear 295/30 and 9" front 265/35 on Nitto 420S, Hotchkis sway bars, BC adjustable coil-overs, BT Mopar wing wiper delete, BT SRT front emblem, Borla Atak catback exhaust, BT SRT pedals, BT locks, carbon fiber interior trim.

2005 Magnum Force (sold)
    2007 Jeep SRT8 (sold)
    2008 Magnum SRT8
    2007 Chrysler 300 SRT8-my daily driver

Share This Thread