LX Forums Forum banner

5.7L Hemi Registry # 00696 Tbird100636

56K views 24 replies 2 participants last post by  Tbird100636 
#1 · (Edited)
NOTICE: I no longer own this vehicle. It was traded in to Good Brothers Dodge on 11/12/2011. If you have purchased this car and want further details of the modifications I have performed, please contact me via Private Message (PM).

Forum Username
Tbird100636

Real Name
Dan McCabe

Vehicle:
2006 Dodge Charger R/T

Vehicle Color:
Inferno Red Crystal Pearl Coat

AWD?
No

-----------------------------------------------------
Factory Options:

Inferno Red Crystal Pearl Coat Paint

Modifications and aftermarket:

Daytona Style R/T Decklid Badge, Gas Hood Props, A/C filter plenum, Dodge slush mats, Remote Start, Blinking Side Marker Light Modification, LED side marker bulbs, Daytona chin spoiler (More for fascia protection than looks), Factory U-Connect system w/auto dimming rear view mirror (Almost a full plug in, wired to correct wires, ready for dimming L. outside mirror if necessary), glove box light w/bezel, molded front and rear splash guards, Daytona Grille insert w/ R/T badge from Daytona, Charger badge from 1971-74 Charger (stick on), factory chrome trimmed A/C and Radio knobs (from a 2007 Grand Cherokee, Radio Knobs no longer used due to change of Radio), Silver Pentastar Badges, Daytona Exhaust, REC Navigation radio, 300C SRTDesign Steering Wheel, 300C SRTDesign Door pulls

Future Modifications:

None

Modifications that were considered, but passed on:

EVIC Cluster/Module/R. A-Pillar Wiring/Steering wheel switches/switch wiring, Factory Sirius Satellite Radio

Modifications removed prior to trade-in:

Underhood Light(Wired exactly like cop cars!), Sirius Starmate Satellite Radio (Antenna mounted next to L. I/P speaker grill, antenna cable ran under defroster grille), Panavise dash bracket (For Sirius Starmate Receiver), under dash courtesy lights (From a 2007 Commander), SRT Airbox, Police steel wheels w/center caps using Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25 snow tires

------------------------------------------------------

See less See more
#7 ·
#10 ·
Finally some new pictures

These were from about a month ago, I decided to go to the Hallmark across from my old Dodge dealer, Weber Dodge. Before I did, I snapped some pictures out in front of the shuttered dealer (Walter is still trying to get rid of the building, still being rented to construction company). After the pictures in front of the dealer, and many more in the redeveloping Hingham Shipyard, I go across the street to find the Hallmark was gone!!! :banghead:

This picture is on my desktop.

A shot of the former showroom:

Next 2 are similar angles of pictures taken 8/2/07:

This darkening shot is in the new Commuter Boat parking lot constructed over a year and a half ago, facing in the direction of Lincoln Street (Rt. 3A)

This one is next to one of the dealer's lots. The building in the top left of the picture is the former Shaw Saab, they moved shortly after we moved into the new facility. It is now R&R Marine, which used to be where this parking lot is now. To the right was Weber's employee parking.

#12 ·
Yeah, sure. It's been almost 4 months, and you never showed the 300SRT stuff you put on.

Update: I did polish and wax the R/T, I still have to clean the tar and dirt off of the rockers so I can do those. I got my uncle's 66 T-Bird to get painted after finding a hood for it. He just wants to paint the hood, I want to repaint most of the car and fix the rockers. I got a ton of cleaning to do inside of my uncle's 64 T-Bird, as some mice decided to squat in it for the past few months. Then I got my yard to clean up, I need to go through my mother's car and make sure it's safe... and you get the idea.

#15 · (Edited)
After some consideration I've decided to add the OEM Sirius Satellite Radio. I guess I'm sick of the Starmate sticking out from the dash and having to reach over to change stations. The only thing I don't like about it is drilling my roof for the antenna. Got a lead on a used module, so all I'll have to buy new is the install kit and an antenna, and not spend $400 on the module.

#20 · (Edited)
Credits for modification parts and procedures:

Daytona Style R/T Decklid Badge - Weber Dodge Inc.
Gas Hood Props - Weber Dodge Inc.
Underhood Light - Weber Dodge Inc.
A/C filter plenum - Weber Dodge Inc.
Dodge slush mats - Weber Dodge Inc.
Sirius Starmate Satellite Radio - Best Buy
Panavise dash bracket (For Sirius Starmate Receiver) - Boomer McLoud, Weymouth, MA (BOOMERWEYMOUTH is a member on here, although he doesn't stop by much anymore, he introduced me to LXForums)
Remote Start - Motion Concepts, Taunton, MA, also did install of system.
Blinking Side Marker Light Modification - RTjunkie
LED side marker bulbs - AutoZone
Daytona chin spoiler - Weber Dodge Inc.
Factory U-Connect system w/auto dimming rear view mirror - Cleveland Pick-A-Part (U-Connect system), Mopar Super Center (Rick Hendrick Jeep-Chrysler, Jet Adapter Harness), Jaak(For designing and creating the harness)
Glove box light w/bezel - Weber Dodge Inc.
Molded front and rear splash guards - Weber Dodge Inc.
Daytona Grille insert w/ R/T badge from Daytona, Charger badge from 1971-74 Charger (stick on) - Weber Dodge Inc., South Shore Chrysler-Plymouth
Factory chrome trimmed A/C and Radio knobs (from a 2007 Grand Cherokee, Radio Knobs no longer used due to change of Radio) - South Shore Chrysler-Plymouth
Silver Pentastar Badges - South Shore Chrysler-Plymouth
Under dash courtesy lights (From a 2007 Commander) - South Shore Chrysler-Plymouth
Police steel wheels w/center caps using Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25 snow tires (off now) - South Shore Chrysler-Plymouth (Wheels, caps, and nuts) Dedham Wholesale Tire, Dedham, MA (Tires)
Daytona Exhaust - Big D
REC Navigation radio- saleensean (Radio, though he never returned positive I-Trader feedback for the purchase when I gave him a positive rating as a seller) South Shore Chrysler-Plymouth (Center I/P Bezel)
300C SRTDesign Steering Wheel, 300C SRTDesign Door pulls - pukkaSRT8
SRT Airbox - 9SECBEE (Formerly BeeSRT8)

#21 · (Edited)
A Last Hurrah, Mass Cruisers Cruise night, October 20th at Patriot Place (retail center connected to Gillette Stadium), sponsored by Bass Pro Shops:

Trade negotiated, will be gone by the end of this week. It's been a great almost 5 years with this car.

#22 · (Edited)
It's gone. I left the Daytona Exhaust on, I'll be going a different direction on the 2011 R/T AWD I just bought. I removed the Underhood Light and wiring, Sirius Antenna, Panavise dash bracket, under dash courtesy lights, the SRT Airbox, and the wheel locks. Not sure if any of these will end up on the new car, the Sirius and Panavise definetely won't be, the car already has Sirius.

#23 · (Edited)
Update:

As of yesterday, this car is still for sale at Good Brothers Dodge. They started at $19,995. Almost a month ago they dropped a $1,000 off of that. This week, the price is $17,995. Because it is 5 model years old, it wasn't certified. It only has 17,000 mi. and was well taken care of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.