LX Forums Forum banner

87 octane tune interest?

13K views 100 replies 60 participants last post by  Porkchop 
#1 ·
Is there such a thing?
Would you guys be interested in a specific tune made for 87 octane?
It would retain the shifts, throttle response and torque management settings of the other tunes just setup for 87 octane.
Please let us know.

#2 ·
For my truck maybe...

#4 ·
agree on both accounts!

#46 ·
Exactly, the other day I had to make a run down to the keys and knew I wouldnt be doing much WOT runs, except maybe on the 7 mile bridge, and went ahead and filled up with 87 on my 91 tune. It would have been nice to have an 87 tune to switch to, just for a little peace of mind.

#8 ·
I run an 87 oct tune in the winter, it helps a bit when traction is poor. If you are running a cam and want your snow tires to last thru the winter, 87 tune is a big help. After a day, you won't miss the slight loss of power. Don't expect to see a change in gas mileage, but you'll save about $3.00 at every fill up.

#9 ·
thats interesting because here in mexico is a mess with the gas stations, I would use 87tune depending on the cost benefit ratio (dont expect power I might add) :thumbs_u:

#96 ·
#16 ·
I'd like to see an 87 tune as well! Especially with todays gas prices. It's worth a try for the daily commutes.

#17 ·
I'd be interested Johan.

Would there be any adverse effects? (clogging of the injectors, fuel pump issues, etc.?)

#75 ·
Yes please.. I drive nearly 3 hours a day and would love a 87 octane tune that runs a bit better than the stock mopar tune running 87 octane. (supposed to be 89)..

I bet you can tune for 87 and produce the same or more HP as the stock 89 tune...
No dates just yet, just speculating for now, and if there was an update for it, it would be free and available on our website for download as an update.
Very very interested... DO THIS PLEAAAAAAAASE

:sosayweall:

#23 ·
3.5l 87 octane tune+

I would like to have a 87 octane tune as well with firmer shifts and quick throttle response using a cia and all else stock
is there such a thing?
Would you guys be interested in a specific tune made for 87 octane?
It would retain the shifts, throttle response and torque management settings of the other tunes just setup for 87 octane.
Please let us know.

#25 ·
I am in the market for a hand held tuner. This would lean me towards a predator tuner compared to your competitions since they already offer an "economy" tune.

Would the 87octane tune providethe same mpg as the 91 octane? Obviously not the performance.

#26 ·
There would be no adverse side effects.
The tune would be less powerful, obviously, but i doubt even noticeable in comparison to stock power levels, plus you would have the improved throttle response, torque management reduction and better shifts over a stock tune so i personally think it would be a more fun drive.

#27 ·
If you do make a '87 Octane Tune, do you have a release date in mind?
Would it be included with the Predator/Online download? Or would there be an additional cost for the '87 tune? <not saying that negatively, we all need to make money to live>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.