LX Forums Forum banner

Where the rubber meets the road (Literally)

4K views 31 replies 22 participants last post by  Old Navy 
#1 ·
#2 ·
that makes me giddy...

#3 ·
Great stuff !

#8 ·
Very nice. I plan to do the same when I'm ready to order my new tires.

On a side note - making friends with the neighbors much?

There's been a guy in my neighborhood that has been acting like a real jackass. 76ish Monte Carlo that he's been working on and taking it for test drives around the block. Open headers, no hood.

#13 ·
DMAG said:
Thanks for the new desktop! :D
I have full size also. I can e-mail them, but I don't feel like updating the web page.

Cuca,
Married already, but maybe something on the side:?:

Bobf, what did you do to get that nasty burn out? Rev up while holding the brakes or what? Share, please share por favor!

For that much smoke that's all you can do.

#18 ·
#20 ·
This picture Illustrates perfectly why our back windows

get and stay so dirty. If you look closely at the smoke you can see the vortex created by the air shooting over the top of the car and the low preasure zone just below the black trim piece. Thanks for the excellent wind tunnel test/ smokey burn out.

#21 ·
Made a discovery...

Installed rear splash guards...drove for a few days without washing the car...
and had less road dust/crud on the rear hatch...looking a Bobs burn out, and DMAGs newdesktop, you can see the flat cut from the roof, and the amount of crud thrown up by the rear tires....

And Bob did find a new use for the Conti's....street striping tool!

Ed

#22 ·
Good thing you are getting new tires. You'll need them. Great vids. thanks for posting.

#23 ·
Snifff...reminds me of a Big Daddy Ed Roth creation...smoke boiling and wrapped around the tires....All that pic needs is a long hairy arm sticking out the window shifting gears...pinkie finger raised...saliva drooling....I miss you Big Daddy...You could have drawn a hell of a picture with a Hemi Magnum.....

#25 ·
Just turn of ESP and hold the brake while simultaniously mashing the gas. Its pretty simple. All cars have a front brake bias because when you slamm on the brakes the weight shifts to the front causing less traction in the rear. So when you hold the brake you have less force on the rear. Once the tires breaks loose you need very little brake effort to keep the car stationary.

Its really cool when I do this with my bike. Holding front brake and clutch while reving the thottle and leting out the clutch. But damn it looks cool as hell!

#26 ·
ESP off (don't need to pull the fuse), autostick in 1.

Lightly hold the brake and start pressing down on the gas.
Increase brake pressure just enough to keep you from moving forward, but not so much your foot is on the floor. Increase pressure on the gas pedal until you get the tires spinning.

More gas = more smoke and less tires. Let go of the brake and depending on how much gas you are giving it, you will get sideways or just take off in a cloud of smoke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.