LX Forums Forum banner

Trinity's new CROM update!!! :)

3K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  ojmcneill 
#1 ·
Just installed the new CROM 1R08 MEGA update. MUCH COOLER AND BETTER!! New graphics are nice. One thing I really love is the new THROTTLE SETTING in the MODIFY TUNE section. I set mine at 10% and what a fun difference. It also has turned on the SD card feature finally. Still need to go get one, but it supposedly works. Way to go Diablo!! Thanks guys.

#2 ·
lol dude your name on here kicks a*sss!!!!

Reactions: HarryBallZ
#5 ·
Hehe.....

nice ill check it out. been waiting for a trinity update. wonder if anything is lost
It doesn't seem like anything is lost, just gained. There's even some sort of SNOW PERFORMANCE setting in the OEM area of the OPTIONS menu. I wonder if that reads their Meth Injection system? I got an email back from Johan as I'm typing this. It is in fact for Meth control but it's not up and running yet. Also, we need a 1GB memory card. That's what they tested and it works. Larger doesn't work I believe. We had a Jeep guy try a 16GB and no go.

Now if only i can get my door locks and tpms working properly when i have my trinity plugged in. Thanks for the scoop though Harrison!
What's up you crazy Canuck? Long time no talk!! Funny thing is about the locks is...... I went over to see my mom today. I got out and it was still plugged in. I hit the locks and it locked. Well, I hit unlock and it unlocked. I was like WTF??!?! So I walked away fuurther and it still worked. So I locked it and went inside to see mom. came out about 30 mins. later...... and it wouldn't unlock. I was pissed. I thought they had fixed it. Dammit!!!!

#8 ·
What should we know about the locks and tpms? My car has been down for awhile and haven't plugged my Trinity in yet.
Some vehicles, and it seems mainly 2007 Jeeps not sure about LXs, have the issue of.....

When the Trinity is left plugged in, the key fob won't work. Mine will lock it if you're next to it, but will never unlock it. Unplug it and it works just fine.

The TPMS sensors will lose signal to the car while it's plugged in. Mine says SERVICE TIRE PRESSURE SYSTEM and the light will blink a few times a day.

From what we've been told, there is an RFI interference somehow when the Trinity is plugged in. I can unplug it and a few miles the TPMS light stops blinking and all tires read again. Some tires get dropped reading a -- in the pressure reading of that tire. I lose anywhere from 1-3 tires. Like I said, unplug and they all come bacl.

Diablo knows about this and have tried several things like RF coating inside the Trinity which mine has. Didn't work. A different plug, which I have. Didn't work. I remember hearing something about the issue being possibly in the CAN-BUS.

So, I deal with the TPMS part everyday and just unplug it everytime I get out. After over a year now I'm used to it.;) The Trinity still works great and I love it, no doubt about it. It has helped me drop my times pretty damn good over the last year. Being able to hook my Innovate Wideband into it is crucial for email tuners. They can dial a tune in pretty damn good with the right logging from the track and from the street.

#10 ·
You can hook the Wideband up to it no problem. As long as the EGT has an Analog out wire, you're good. You need to buy a stereo type plug. The Trinity uses the "left ear and right ear" of the headphone plug for the inputs. Left ear is analog 1 input for your wideband, and right ear is analog 2 for your EGT.

Reactions: MAGFX
#13 ·
Is the throttle setting like adding more tip in throttle response?

#16 ·
Like Mike said..... it's definitely more sensitive. My throttle settings have already been plaed with in my tune. I have it set to 7% more now and it's sweet. I had it up to 10% but Holy Crap was it nuts. 20% throttle was like 80%. Definitely don't let anyone drive your ride with those settings!! It's a lot of fun though I'll say that but I ended up dialing it back down.

#17 ·
Also guys...... the SD card you need is a 1GB!! Anything larger won't work. Install it first into the Trinity and you have to format it with the Trinity. Then you can take it to your computer and load your tunes on it.

#18 ·
Ah, good to know, Harry.

Actually, yesterday and today, I set up my new Trinity with the latest crom, etc. I'm going to have to hit all of the help files and learn a bit, though.

#21 ·
Yes you do have to put the car back to stock to do the update. I'm like you though BBoy.... I'm always nervous. I had an issue doing my update. When I was loading my new tune in, I reset my trans adapt. Well, when I go to load the tune in, it did some fail safe and reloaded the stock tune back in it. I pulled the Trinity out, reloaded my CMR's on it, and loaded the tune without any changes and it went in flawlessly. Then I went back in and made my changes.

One thing that sucks is you will lose your custom layouts. I THINK you can pull them off in the Trinity section of the Downloader program then reload them. I'm not sure. Don't remember really. Haha. One Jeep guy had an issue with his Orig. Backup. His Jeep needed an update and it changed his Calid to an AH from an AF on the end of it. He had to send his tune back to his tuner to be updated. That's the only issues I've heard about from quite a few updated people. 98.85769% of people haven't had any issues at all.

#23 ·
Oh tell me about it!! That would be sweet. It would be nice to set up a logging setup on Dataviewer and load it onto the SD card, then load it into the Trinity!! Kind of a PITA to log with a laptop and no seats when at a race! Laptop goes a flyin' backwards. I talked to Johan about it and there wasn't enough memory or something like that on the unit so they picked the best ones.

#24 ·
Does the new crom file work on the predators? If I update my predator for the new crom will the throttle deal come with it? I'm using it on an 08 Superbee SRT8. Right now I'm on 9r12 or whatever the normal file is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.