LX Forums Forum banner

rear nivomat upper shock mounts

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  fireman2118 
#1 ·
Would rear nivomat upper shock mounts prevent my car from lowering? I already have koni str's and eibach pro-kit springs.

#9 ·
Yes there are two different upper shock mounts. The mount for the Nivomat is mostly rubber with a flat plate and the standard shock has a rubber bushing placed into a contoured plate.

See pic below. Standard shock mount on the left and Nivomat mount (missing theplate) on the right.
Gas Cylinder Font Metal Pipe

Actually, there are 2 different kinds of rear upper shock mounts.

Here is the nivomat rear upper shock mount:

And here is the non nivomat one:

Anybody know if the nivomat rear upper shock mount will prevent me from getting the full drop if i have koni str's and eibach pro-kit? I still have about a 3 finger gap between the top of the tire and the fender.
Will the Nivomat shock mount on a Koni shock cause you to not be able to lower your car..... No. That has to do with the springs and not the shock mount.
Now in looking at the pictures I posted above, you can see the the mounting location of the shock mount, that the Nivomat shock mount does not quite sit a slow as the standard shock mount. This may play into the actual end result height that you were able to get out of the springs.
Did your car get any lower with the springs you put in? If so, how much?
I would suggest purchasing the standard shock mounts and try those. As long as your springs, shocks and bushings are all in correectly, then you should be ok.

#10 ·
Ok thanks fnkycld, i'll try the standard mounts and report back. I'm just baffled cuz when i look at pictures of others with the same suspension combo and wheels and tires, it seems like mine sits higher up in the rear. I went from mopar stage 1 springs with bilstein hd shocks/struts to eibach pro-kit springs with koni str shocks/struts. Add that up and i could've and should've gotten coil-overs! :banghead:

#11 ·
I used the Nivo mounts when I installed my Koni/Eibach setup. No problems and car sat even. I then got the clunk in the rear (it's been posted on several threads) and I started replacing parts. Lastly I swapped the mounts (non Nivo ) and used a nylon shim. Car still sits the same and does not clunk.

#12 ·
It's the Nivomat shock itself that will prevent the drop, not the shock mount. I used my Nivomat mounts on Eibach Prodampers back when I had them and it worked out fine. You shouldn't have any problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.