LX Forums Forum banner

Driver side door hinge

17K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  steelbluesrt8 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone! Has anyone else had issues with their driver side door hinge?

#2 ·
common on the 05/06 for it to squeak over time.. There is no way to get grease/lubercant into the squeaky area..

They changed the hinge style at some point I forget the 'manu date' but had mine swapped under warranty when it was still valid and the hinges looked different making me look at the Wife's 07 Charger and it had the same style as the replacements..

Remember to paint the hinges before replaceing them.

#3 ·
Thank you for the info, I took my magnum to the dealer said it wasnt covered under warranty (have the extended) would have to take to a body shop, body shop told me it would be $400 to fix....Yeah Right! My magnum has been in the shop (a friend of a friends shop) for 2 days now, should be getting it back tomorrow. Thanks again for the info.

#5 ·
Mine just started acting up about three weeks ago. Annoying!

#11 ·
05-06 door hinges are mercedes hinges-the 07-2011 ARE Delphi aka GM dog leg hinges..
just wait till the bushing in the pressure wheel for the 3 step dog leg goes bad on the up dated crap. THE benz hinge is way better.

#13 ·
I have the newer updated hinges sitting on my work bench, where they've been for a year now. But the clicking noise is finally taking enough of a toll on me that they should be getting done this weekend when the bumper comes off. And they are just getting spray bombed since whos going to actually see them?

#19 ·
i GOT THE gm STYLE ON MY 06 FRO an accident with my door and it squeeks like crazy too.

#21 ·
The GM ones do wear out but it takes about 9-10 years. Both of my Buicks and my buddies Buick went around that time.

#23 ·
I have the newer style and still constantly lubricating them due to squeaking....maybe I'm using the wrong product. I've been using white lithium grease...I think.

#25 ·
Mine started doing it at around 220,000 miles. Today I took an employee to look at a used Ford Taurus, opened the driver door, yup, same sound. I can live with it, it kinda drowns out the sound of my joints cracking and groaning. I would just like to last as long as my Magnum.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.