LX Forums Forum banner

Crossfire SRT-6

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  URToast 
#1 ·
On June 20, 2007 I bought a New (MSO) 05 Crossfire SRT-6 coupe from Casa Chrysler in Albuquerque. I drove it back to Phoenix and put a few more miles on it the next couple of days.

On June 23, 2007 I got called away to Flagstaff on a large truck wreck (I am a commercial insurance adjuster). In the course of inspecting the equipment at the scene, I managed to slip and fall off the back of a reefer trailer. I landed flat on my back after about a 9' fall. Once I got my breath back and struggled to my feet I realized a terrible pain across the middle part of my back. I managed to make my way back to the car and somehow made it back to Phoenix. I got home, took a couple of aspirin and went to bed.

About midnight, I had the ambulance at my house loading me on to a back board. After several xrays and cat scans the doctors decided I had at least one and probably more compression fractures to my spine. I spent a week in the hospital and a couple more weeks flat on my back at home.

The SRT-6 has sat in my garage since. It's got around 800 miles on it and given my back injuries I can't imagine driving it anytime soon. The SRT-8 is hard enough to get into. Beyond that, I'm self employed and haven't been able to work much since the accident.

Under the circumstances, I have decided to sell the Crossfire. Like I say, it's got about 800 miles on it now. Balance of factory warranty and have Chrysler Certified Warranty for 7 years or 70,000 miles.

After paying sales tax, I've got $28,000 into the car. Anyone out there interested. If so, let me know.

jevers1@cox.net

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb118/jevers1/Photo007.jpg?t=1185059304

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb118/jevers1/Photo003.jpg?t=1185059337

See less See more
#2 ·
WOW! Man, sorry to hear about that... back injuries are no fun... I'll see if any contacts I have out there are looking for a crossfire...

#4 ·
Holy cow dude, you are just having too much fun. j/k :doh:

Sorry to hear about your accident. And I am at home right now, griping about my pulled back from bicycling.

That is one cool SRT6. Good luck on your recovery and sale. :thumbs_u:

#8 · (Edited)
Sorry to hear that Jack. Don't forget to sell the SRT track event as a selling point. Hope you get well soon.
Hope you recover quickly - I know back injuries suck.

now..
I think the track event only appies to "new" SRTs.
Once Chrysler sells than to the dealers at auction they are classified as "used". I have not heard if an unsued track event is transferable...
It would be nice if it was.

I have been looking at SRT6s but being 6'2"+ I am concerned.....

Any reviews? I have heard converts have more room but I like the HT.

#9 ·
SRT6's are cool as, well, you know!

My 6'-1" brother decided against a Crossfire due to the size. However, go sit in one to be sure.

#10 ·
#12 ·
Sorry to hear Jack. I feel your pain. I have 2 slipped discs and going through a decompression machine to avoid surgery. I hope you get your price. The only problem is that many dealers around here are selling new '05's for $25,500 new. I missed out on one but I'm interested now at that price. All bets are off if I don't get my back fixed as well!

#13 ·
Sorry to hear Jack. I feel your pain. I have 2 slipped discs and going through a decompression machine to avoid surgery. I hope you get your price. The only problem is that many dealers around here are selling new '05's for $25,500 new. I missed out on one but I'm interested now at that price. All bets are off if I don't get my back fixed as well!
True, but if you buy from a dealer, you're looking at sales tax which puts your out the door cost right where I'm pricing my car at.

#16 ·
Wow, the SRT6's are pretty rare. Sucks you have to let 'er go :-(

#19 ·
This thread just now caught my eye. I guess Casa ended up with it again. My wife and I just test drove it last week! It was for her, I liked it, she didn't. Said she was used to my CSRT8.
Hope you got what you wanted out of it. They were selling it for 29 and some change.
Tag said 800 miles, odometer said 1000

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.