LX Forums Forum banner

@@@ shopHemi.com & Pedders USA Present The Road Course Challenge Round 2! @@@

71K views 1K replies 46 participants last post by  Rob@WretchedMS 
#1 ·
Well kiddies as Dan and I have posted in a few different areas we have started work on the 2nd event at New Jersey Motorsprts Park on Thunderbolt.

Pedder USA and Shophemi.com/Arrington Engines have once again stepped up to the plate to support this event.

We had a great time last year, had a great group of people on track and everything I have heard back about the instructors has been outstanding.

So what are we going to change from last year ? Not a whole lot :mrgreen:

We will be running a Meet & Greet AT NJMP on Sunday March 28th 2010 there maybe a AutoX set up, we are still working on all the details on this. This will most likely be held over at the Lighting Course parking lot where Pedder USA did the skid pad testing.

This will allow people who can't make the race to see this awesome facility, M&G and maybe play a little with their cars on the AutoX. Also we are hoping the the supporting vendors will set up booths, have product to show off and let you all fondle and maybe some ride along's in preped cars.

After this we will wander over to the lodge for some general BS'ing and bench racing.

On Monday March 29th 2010 we will be out on the Tunderbolt Course !

Thunderbolt Raceway featuring over 2.25 miles of asphalt, 14 challenging turns, a one half mile straightway and approximately 40 acres of full service paddock space.

We will also be contracting Hook on Driving for instructors again this year. The Goal is to have close to 20 instructors, a class room segment and the Track Marshal.

We will be limiting it to about 60 cars again, 3 run groups about 5 session per group.

We will again be looking to supply a hot lunch and some breakfast goodies.

Door prized etc to be determined.

Group Buys are being working on already and I am chasing down leads on tires, wheels, brakes, and other assorted goodies.

I have this post across several different car forums again, so expect to see GTO's G8's New Camaros and a slew of the Japanese & Euro cars we had last time ( M3's, M5's 911 Turbos, GT3's , S2000, GR-R, Subies etc).

Cost : It always comes down to this :) Everything we get from sponsors goes to making this event less costly for YOU, Our Goal is to keep it UNDER $275, this event's cost is a bit higher than last years ( more track workers, more instructors & Class room segments ). So the more help we get the lower the price will be across the board. It also falls to how many people we get signed up, If we fill out the 60 cars we will be golden, if we only have 45 cars well.... there will be lots of space to work on your lines and not get run over LOL

We treat our sponsors good they treat us good !

Now for the Email list stuff :

If you want to be kept up to date on what is going on with this track day PLEASE PM me the following

Full Name :
Contact Phone Number :
Email Address :
Car you will be tracking :

This does not commit you to anything other than emails from ME and only ME, We do not sell or give this info to anyone else. If asked I may pass along an email from our sponsors but it will be sent by ME.

For those that want to help support us please LINK this image, Please DO NOT save it and link it from your file storage or photo bucket. If this image is not forum friendly PM or EMAIL me the required size and Ill get you a link. We are tracking the numbers on this so we need to use the provided links.

Pass the word to people that maybe interested in this event, invite them to the Sunday M&G if they can't manage the Monday event. Spectators are welcome.

Robert & Dan
aka
RobAGD & FlyByU

See less See more
#4 ·
you sure as $hit better buy better brakes this time. And cut out the competitions for top speed on the straight. This course will bite you hard if you get careless. Lightning was a lot more forgiving of many peoples first time out.

#5 ·
I'm gonna have to drag a trailer with some spares this time, brakes, tires, diff, half shafts.... That way I can actuallt PUSH her!! Gonna be a blast.

#8 ·
The only big issue with pads were guys running them down to the metal backers :)

The PS pumps are a known weak point covered in depth by Matt Robertson in the Frankencooler series of post.

-Robert

#9 ·
I was thinking pads and rotors just to get home with if I snap a rotor. Thunderbolt is gonna push brakes ALOT more than Lightning ever did. I used the engine alot on lightning, brakes are gonna get hot on thunderbolt.

#12 ·
seriously. your car defied physics flyin around the track with those wheels on.

#18 ·
yes
we lost couple of cars to steering pump problem that I know of.

What can be done to prevent this.

Also during one of the last sessions my trans temp went up to 230 degrees weird as I haven't seen that since.

#19 ·
PS coolers, I just picked one up actually - about $60 shipped for the cooler itself, some good hose clamps and proper hose should not cost much more than another $20 unless you do the An & Braided hose deal.

-R

#20 ·
And of course flush the fluid right before the track day, as with all the fluids, it will pay back.

#24 ·
Alright im in... Rob sent ya a PM with my info.... I'll get on looking for p/s cooler and better brakes for this event...

Reactions: FlyByU
#26 ·
In case anyone didnt see these in the 'At the track' thread

Here is a good video for everyone to watch over and over again over the winter so you can have an idea about the track layout.
Thunderbolt

theres also one at Lightning

#27 ·
Sweet! Vids are almost as good as crib notes for the first few laps!

#28 ·
Holy Moly Batman! that is a FAST Mazda!

#33 ·
#34 ·
If anyone is interest in upgrading the brakes I and three other guys will be purchasing Wilwood caliper upgrades from TCE. If anyone is interested shoot me a pm. I'm trying to get as much people as possible so we can get the best deal possible.

#35 ·
OK heads up guys and gals, emails will be heading out in the next day or so about deposits.

These lock in your spots. Non refundable.

Got the contract from the track today working out the last of the details.

-Robert

#39 ·
No doubt, it looks like you'll be the man to beat as long as you don't drive like a grandma. I really wish it would be warm enough for slicks to face off against you. No way to keep up in the power department.

#40 · (Edited)
I'm starting to think allowing timers is going to be a bad idea for this track day. Considering how many people went off at Lightning and the competitive banter going back and forth in the various threads and the increased difficultly of thunderbolt I'm pretty sure someone is going to stuff it into the tire barrier/armco because they are pushing beyond their skill level.

and yes this is a shameless attempt to keep my football for thunderbolt

#41 ·
I'm starting to think allowing timers is going to be a bad idea for this track day. Considering how many people went off at Lightning and the competitive banter going back and forth in the various threads and the increased difficultly of thunderbolt I'm pretty sure someone is going to stuff it into the tire barrier/armco because they are pushing beyond their skill level

yes this is also a ploy to keep my football for thunderbolt
we knew that from the get go. Timers are not officially allowed at the events from what i remember due to insurance. people can bring them it seems for personal use. THIS IS NOT A RACE. I'll hound you all track day pete as long as we get the same run group.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.