LX Forums Forum banner

How to update Diablo Predator

19K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  rbestuar 
#1 ·
Well guys and gals I thought I would do a how to for the diablo.

First you will need to go to

www.diablosport.com/dcx

After that you will need to download the latest files.

There are 3 to 4 files you will need to download.

1. Download the DiabloSport Downloader and install

2. Download the DataViewer version 3.1.5.0 and install

3. Download the latest CROM file version u7135-8t16a

4. To update the diablo you will need to install the USB driver provided by diablo. Then you will need to attach the serial/usb to the diablo and the computer and connect the power supply to the diablo. Install necessary driver for the usb to work.

5. Then you will need to double click on the diablosport downloader. Click on download CROM to diablo.

6. When it says to recycle power, unplug the diablo power supply from the device and replug back in.

7. This will allow the diablo to reset and prepare for the update. Once you click update or install it will take you thru the measures.

8. Once it is complete it will display download or update is completed. It will then display the update version.

9. Enjoy and have fun, don't forget to check the diablo site atleast once a week for updates. I hope this helps someone out :thumbs_u:

Jay

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks Jay, I just saved to my favorites for when I get my Predator next week! - Rick

#8 ·
DNT,

couple other adds, don't forget to load the usb cable drivers first...
when updating firmware releases from Diablo, take the car back to th stock tune/original tune first, then reload the tune of choice on the current firmware update.

#12 ·
Yes you will need to get an updated file from someone with a starscan tool. You need a new patch for the canbus software on the car. There is a way to do it thru the diablo but I don't know how to do it. I will check on it for you and get back to you.

Jay

#19 ·
hey, i just got my predator.. i need a lil help.. well the diablo just came by itself... i had to go to radio shack and brought the serial to usb cable and the power adapter.. downloaded the dsdownloader 1.9.9.6 for my 07 sxt charger.. but whats this lil cd u guys are talking about? where can i get it? casue nothing happens when i plug in the predator to my comp...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.