Well guys and gals I thought I would do a how to for the diablo.
First you will need to go to
After that you will need to download the latest files.
There are 3 to 4 files you will need to download.
1. Download the DiabloSport Downloader and install
2. Download the DataViewer version 22.214.171.124 and install
3. Download the latest CROM file version u7135-8t16a
4. To update the diablo you will need to install the USB driver provided by diablo. Then you will need to attach the serial/usb to the diablo and the computer and connect the power supply to the diablo. Install necessary driver for the usb to work.
5. Then you will need to double click on the diablosport downloader. Click on download CROM to diablo.
6. When it says to recycle power, unplug the diablo power supply from the device and replug back in.
7. This will allow the diablo to reset and prepare for the update. Once you click update or install it will take you thru the measures.
8. Once it is complete it will display download or update is completed. It will then display the update version.
9. Enjoy and have fun, don't forget to check the diablo site atleast once a week for updates. I hope this helps someone out
Looking for Carbon Fiber Or Fiberglass Parts ask me for more info!!!!Formerly Known as dntnvme
nice write up. I was about to ask how update the predator to the latest version
go big or go home!
Thanks Jay, I just saved to my favorites for when I get my Predator next week! - Rick
2006 EVO MR
AMS FMIC/UICP/LICP/TBE/Small Battery/SS Clutch Line, 3 Port Boost, Swift Sport Springs, AEM Intake, Invidea o2 Housing, Synapse DV, ACT HDSS Clutch, Walbro 255, PTE 1200cc Injectors , Clutch Pill Delete, Progress 27mm RSB, Ichiba V2 15mm, BINARY Lowering Brackets, JDM Rear Diff Mod
E85 393/360 Tuning Technologies
I am glad I was able to help by posting this......
when i go to update my predator, a little screen comes up and says something like im doing an illegal operations and i can choose to ignore or cancel. I dont understand what im doing wrong. Dont i open it in the data viewer when i open it?
couple other adds, don't forget to load the usb cable drivers first...
when updating firmware releases from Diablo, take the car back to th stock tune/original tune first, then reload the tune of choice on the current firmware update.
**No Longer an LX Owner - just a crazy lurker with sign on priveleges
i have an early build 05 so i havent even loaded a tune yet. I dont even think i have an orginial saved. I guess ill just wait it out.
i can get my predator to update to the latest file but when i plug it into my car, it says your vehicle needs an update . Any ideas?
my update saves in adobe and i load it on the desktop. How do i get it to load in dsdownloader so i can do the update. It automatically saves the file in adobe. It also has the little adobe sign next to it on my desktop.
I am assuming that with the Data viewer you can view the program setpoints on your computer? If so where do you get this cause as it is I cant open the program?
Ok, well the little cd that came with it, when it pulls up, what do I chose? can you walk me through loading the little cd properly. Too many files and don't understand?