Post Thanks / Like

Where to go for mod installs and service

Hey, does anyone know where to take their car for installations and service for performance stuff? Im looking to do some heads cam, etc, and not sure where to go. Not 100% sure, may go with some Mopar. Id rather go to the dealership, but most wont touch anything non Mopar accesories. That leaves me looking for someone with good experience on the new Hemis. Any response would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are looking local I have heard very good words about AZ Power and Sound in Tempe.

If you want we can experiment on your car ? LOL

JK...

I am in Scottsdale tho, let me know if you have ?s!

Post Thanks / Like
    Moore Chrysler Jeep in Peoria has done a lot of Meister's mods, not heads/cam though.

I go to a place called Mastertech also in Peoria; one of the owners, Mike, has a Mango, and he's done all my mod installs: headers, exhaust, KWv2's, etc. He did Ella's headers and exhaust last week. Not sure if he's done heads/cam before on our Hemis, but I trust he'd be able to. (623) 334-0309 Good honest guy who knows his stuff, and charges actual labor, not book rate.

- Click above for my HEMI Registry page -

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I went to "mikes" guy also over at mastertech, supper nice guy,
    knew what he was doing also.

06 Black Magnum R/T --SOLD.
    AZLX'S LOWEST.

AZLX like page. This is for information: https://www.facebook.com/ArizonaLX

AZLX group page. This is for everyone to post to: https://www.facebook.com/groups/240409256167396/

Instagram: http://instagram.com/az_lx

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Moore Chrysler Jeep in Peoria has done a lot of Meister's mods, not heads/cam though.

I go to a place called Mastertech also in Peoria; one of the owners, Mike, has a Mango, and he's done all my mod installs: headers, exhaust, KWv2's, etc. He did Ella's headers and exhaust last week. Not sure if he's done heads/cam before on our Hemis, but I trust he'd be able to. (623) 334-0309 Good honest guy who knows his stuff, and charges actual labor, not book rate.
    For curious sake, how much is a fair charge to install headers?

Post Thanks / Like
    2 million dollars.........
    jk
    not sure but I think that we could do it? Hell I put my air set up on my car. Mike helped me with my corsa's and a bunch of the guys put in a motor so I think its a possibliity/?

bipto is offline "If you like your LXF, you can keep it"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi4me? View Post
    Figure on at least 6 hours X the labor rate... Header installs are a bitch on these cars. I ended up doing mine myself because I couldn't find a local, reputable shop willing to do the work...
    "It's not that I'm old - your music really does suck..."
    See The Iron Mistress Galleries
    R.I.P. Dave Coults ***

Post Thanks / Like
    For those living in the east valley and have some mechanics know-how; you can rent lifts at Gearhead Garage in Gilbert. Check out this web site and give them a call.
    www.performanceandspeed.com

2006 MSRT8
    Twin Scoop Hood - functional Ram Air (with AiRaid CAI)
    Mopar Perf Exhaust (CORSA)
    LED Tails (FactorOne)
    Centric PosiQuiet Brake Pads

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi4me? View Post
    Mike @ Mastertech charged Anitta I think $570 for a complete headers/exhaust swapout. Heads stayed on the car, they were Kooks Longtube headers and Magnaflow catback.

I've read (from Hemi31 among others, and bipto ^^^ up there ) that swapping out the headers with the heads on the car is a real bitch. Especially Longtubes. It's just really hard to get at all the hardware, and then to get a torque wrench up in there to do it properly... Even installing Carl's headers on his heads with them out of the car was a little bit tricky - we needed a few different combinations of swivels, knuckles, extensions, etc. to get at all the fasteners. That was Kooks again, there's lots of bends in those suckers - some other set of headers may be easier to work with, but I didn't want to DIY those on Ella's, so I suggested Mike... he did fine.
    Last edited by Junior; 07-30-2007 at 02:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post

UMM..Actually, we did his heads and headers(MOPAR) and first cam...
    Previously: "Vanessa" 2006 Charger R/T with all kinds of little details and a unique red bee stripe...
    Currently: "Maleficent" 2006 300 SRT8 option groupII, rear seat VES, Kicker stereo upgrade... 86K
    Future: 2015 Charger SRT Hellcat( late availability!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CHARGERSHED View Post
    UMM..Actually, we did his heads and headers(MOPAR) and first cam...
    Correctshun!

Post Thanks / Like
    I called Mike he seems cool as hell, and price was good!

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ glad to hear it. Yeah, he's a good guy.

Share This Thread