Post Thanks / Like

UConnect problems

Does anyone have this problem with there Uconnect???

1st Problem...

When I can someone, it takes about 2 seconds after they answer for them to hear me, I also never here the ringing when I call, it seems like the audio is muted for too long???

2nd Prblem

the caller ID under the Speed, it should read 757-515-0345 so you can see the phone #, mine says 175-751-034.... It adds the 1 to the begining and leaves the last # off, it also puts it like above so it is hard to figure out the # when driving..

I have tried 2 phones, a Motorola V600 and a Nokia 3650, both new high $$ phones and both do the same..
    2006 Magnum SRT8 Options 1 and 3, Sunroof
    Zoomers, K & N CAI, Jet Chip Stage 2 180 Therostat
    Rk Sport Hood, Mopar Remote Start
    RX 75 PRO Radar Detector
    $.25 Fan Mod (Cost me $6)
    392.5HP 394 FT LBS!!!!!
    13.02 1/4 Mile
    1972 Dodge Challenger 6.1L SRT8 6 Speed
    1995 Nissan 240SX SE Stock
    2005 Toyota Sequoia
    1997 Jeep Wrangler
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T Blue 321.9HP 372 Ft LBS-SOLD
    1965 Corvette Convertible. 327/365HP red/black SOLD

Post Thanks / Like
    1st Problem: Yes I see this also, the ringing is not a probelm for me just the answering.

2nd Problem: No mine works fine here.

My phone is a Motorola V710

3rd Problem: No signal strength or Battery level displayed in Uconnect

4th Problem: When I get a voicemail notification, Uconnect says I have a call.
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Midnight Blue Pearl
    Volant CAI, 190 Thermo, Mr. Grille Vertical Grille,
    SXT Headlights, MDS Monitor, Bel 975R,
    Infinity 3002cf (dash),Blaupunkt 605 woofer (door), Infinity 6002si (Rear),Infinity Basslink, SC Tuner, GSM Fan/Traction Mod, 22elite Heal Guard, Factory One Tail lights

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like it is added the 1 because it is coming in as a long distance call.
    Oh yeah...You know it does..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by snickle
    1st Problem: Yes I see this also, the ringing is not a probelm for me just the answering.

2nd Problem: No mine works fine here.

My phone is a Motorola V710

3rd Problem: No signal strength or Battery level displayed in Uconnect

4th Problem: When I get a voicemail notification, Uconnect says I have a call.
    I believe your #3 and #4 are because of the "poor" bluetooth implementation in this phone. I have one as well and when I tried the SE 637, not only did #3 work, but instead of a call I got an envelope icon on the dash saying I had a voice mail.

Word on the street is there will be a firmware UPDATE for that phone at the latest Nov 4th and at the earliest first week in Sept. Might be pushed down FROM the airwaves, or you might have to get it flashed at a verizon store.

Oh, and my uconnect works fine too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wmschultz
    It sounds like it is added the 1 because it is coming in as a long distance call.
    I have gotten long distance calls as well on mine and I don't remember that, I would have noticed it. It either displayed all 10 digits and the 1 or just left off the leading 1. I believe it was the latter.

Could be a uconnect thing or a phone thing (the way it reports the caller id to the car).

Post Thanks / Like
    My SE637 works great except that I also get the"1" at the beginning of incoming callls. I'm on Cingular wireless. W/O U-connect the phone itself also displays the "1" at the beginning of all incoming calls. I spoke to the Cingular store and they said that the "1" is added to all the numbers on the GSM network, but they couldn't say why. However, a friend of mine is on ATT wireless(soon to be Cingular after the merger is completed), and he does not have the "1" before any of his GSM network calls. I have noticed that phone numbers that are programmed INTO U-connect don't SHOW the "1". In addition, when I want to save a phone number on my SE637, I have to DELETE the "1" before saving the number. What a pain ! This is obviously a Cingular network problem, not a U-connect problem. You would think that Cingular and others could find a work around for this annoying issue. Any body else have similar problems or a solution ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Verizon Caller ID does not display the 1.

Cell phones no problem I do not need the one to call back.

At home, I wish they would include it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 44MAGNUMHarry
    My SE637 works great except that I also get the"1" at the beginning of incoming callls. I'm on Cingular wireless. W/O U-connect the phone itself also displays the "1" at the beginning of all incoming calls. I spoke to the Cingular store and they said that the "1" is added to all the numbers on the GSM network, but they couldn't say why. However, a friend of mine is on ATT wireless(soon to be Cingular after the merger is completed), and he does not have the "1" before any of his GSM network calls. I have noticed that phone numbers that are programmed INTO U-connect don't SHOW the "1". In addition, when I want to save a phone number on my SE637, I have to DELETE the "1" before saving the number. What a pain ! This is obviously a Cingular network problem, not a U-connect problem. You would think that Cingular and others could find a work around for this annoying issue. Any body else have similar problems or a solution ?
    A "1" will NOT appear with AT&T Wireless GSM service or non-GSM service phones on incoming calls and SHOULD NOT appear for Cingular as well. The rep was feeding you a line as the "1" is only used for making the call and would not be part of the phone calling to you whether local or long distance.

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, I would like to thumb my nose at 44MAGNUMHarry for HAVING his new vehicle while I'm still in BX limbo :P.

I too have a SE 637 w/ Cingular. After several weeks of reading posts here and on 300cForums, it looks like the SE phones are the most feature-compatible with U-connect. [Note: the Chrysler 300 website demonstrating U-connect actually has a SE phone in the photo if you look closely---this influenced my phone purchase decision ].

I guess with all of the things that go right with the U-connect feature using the 637, I'm not that concerned about the extraneous '1'. But that's tied to my personal phone habits... I have a short list of people that I talk to all of the time, already programmed INTO my phone, and soon after delivery they will be saved in U-connect as well.
    So the '1' would be annoying only if you get a disproportionately high number of calls FROM strangers :D . And even with the '1', u can usually recognize who's calling.
    Besides, I won't answer my cell in the car unless it is somebody important, especially if doing so would distract me FROM my 300C driving experience. That's what voicemail is for... 8) HAVING said all that, I'd accept a fix FROM Cingular if one were offered. Happy driving all you lucky dogs already with 300s/Magnums!
    IndySilverC
    IndySilverC
    Chrysler 300C: Ordered 17-Jul-04, Drove it Home 25-Sep-04
    Today: Total Bliss

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have the SE T637 and i'm with AT&T wireless and the only problem i get is the little 2 second gap. It's not that big of a deal though and most people that call me now know that if they get that little gap of silence it's because i'm driving. Everything else works great..i love the T637

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the SE 637 first before the V710 due to the better bluetooth and more functionality. I even got it on Cingular's network. I had no problem with that 1, messing up the caller id on my uconnect. At least I don't remember HAVING an issue at all. I don't own the phone anymore, I took it back. In my area (nothern NJ) Cingular coverage just is no where near as good as Verizon's. So I went with the less (bluetooth) feature V710, just to get on Verizon's network.

Post Thanks / Like
    The one at the begining is not a big problem, but it leaves off the last digit..

My office has all the same #'s except the last so I do not know who is calling..

Example

515-8441
    515-8442
    515-8443
    515-8444
    they all SHOW up as 175-751-5844

I have no idea who is calling unless I look at the phone.. really kinda sucks!!!!
    and the 2 second pause is a pain, but I can live with it, just wanted to make sure it was not just my Uconnect..

I wish I could get the V710, I have a V600 and that is the best you can get for T-Mobile

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by djclause
    The one at the begining is not a big problem, but it leaves off the last digit..

My office has all the same #'s except the last so I do not know who is calling..

Example

515-8441
    515-8442
    515-8443
    515-8444
    they all SHOW up as 175-751-5844

I have no idea who is calling unless I look at the phone.. really kinda sucks!!!!
    and the 2 second pause is a pain, but I can live with it, just wanted to make sure it was not just my Uconnect..

I wish I could get the V710, I have a V600 and that is the best you can get for T-Mobile
    I understand. But I don't remember the 1 causing a problem, as in, I thought I saw all of the number on the dash. I had a SE637 with Cingular and I think I would have noticed that. But I didn't. I also didn't have the phone for very long. If you still want to keep the bluetooth and t-mobile, the SE line of phones is real nice you could try one of those. I loved it except for the camera quality was poor and it was GSM.

Share This Thread