Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossfire SRT-6

Post Thanks / Like

Crossfire SRT-6

On June 20, 2007 I bought a New (MSO) 05 Crossfire SRT-6 coupe from Casa Chrysler in Albuquerque. I drove it back to Phoenix and put a few more miles on it the next couple of days.

On June 23, 2007 I got called away to Flagstaff on a large truck wreck (I am a commercial insurance adjuster). In the course of inspecting the equipment at the scene, I managed to slip and fall off the back of a reefer trailer. I landed flat on my back after about a 9' fall. Once I got my breath back and struggled to my feet I realized a terrible pain across the middle part of my back. I managed to make my way back to the car and somehow made it back to Phoenix. I got home, took a couple of aspirin and went to bed.

About midnight, I had the ambulance at my house loading me on to a back board. After several xrays and cat scans the doctors decided I had at least one and probably more compression fractures to my spine. I spent a week in the hospital and a couple more weeks flat on my back at home.

The SRT-6 has sat in my garage since. It's got around 800 miles on it and given my back injuries I can't imagine driving it anytime soon. The SRT-8 is hard enough to get into. Beyond that, I'm self employed and haven't been able to work much since the accident.

Under the circumstances, I have decided to sell the Crossfire. Like I say, it's got about 800 miles on it now. Balance of factory warranty and have Chrysler Certified Warranty for 7 years or 70,000 miles.

After paying sales tax, I've got $28,000 into the car. Anyone out there interested. If so, let me know.

jevers1@cox.net

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...g?t=1185059304

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...g?t=1185059337

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! Man, sorry to hear about that... back injuries are no fun... I'll see if any contacts I have out there are looking for a crossfire...
    Previously: "Vanessa" 2006 Charger R/T with all kinds of little details and a unique red bee stripe...
    Currently: "Maleficent" 2006 300 SRT8 option groupII, rear seat VES, Kicker stereo upgrade... 86K
    Future: 2015 Charger SRT Hellcat( late availability!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry to hear that Jack. I hope you mend up quickly.

A reefer trailer is the last thing I would suspect to hurt me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy cow dude, you are just having too much fun. j/k

Sorry to hear about your accident. And I am at home right now, griping about my pulled back from bicycling.

That is one cool SRT6. Good luck on your recovery and sale.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
    My friends call me JONN (usually).

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang Jack! Sure sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you heal up well, and come back stronger...

- Click above for my HEMI Registry page -

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry about your injury. Hope you get well soon!

Good luck on selling SRT-6. I'm sure someone will want it very shortly!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that Jack. Don't forget to sell the SRT track event as a selling point. Hope you get well soon.
    Will
    Chandler, AZ

07 300C SRT-8
    10 Ford Expedition

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ SRT8 View Post
    Sorry to hear that Jack. Don't forget to sell the SRT track event as a selling point. Hope you get well soon.
    Hope you recover quickly - I know back injuries suck.

now..
    I think the track event only appies to "new" SRTs.
    Once Chrysler sells than to the dealers at auction they are classified as "used". I have not heard if an unsued track event is transferable...
    It would be nice if it was.

I have been looking at SRT6s but being 6'2"+ I am concerned.....

Any reviews? I have heard converts have more room but I like the HT.
    Last edited by 70GT6; 07-23-2007 at 12:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    SRT6's are cool as, well, you know!

My 6'-1" brother decided against a Crossfire due to the size. However, go sit in one to be sure.
    -Bryan

current ride: 11 Ram 2500 Megacab CTD 4x4 mod list: none... yet
    previous rides: 09 Ram Crewcab 5.7L, 08 GC SRT8, 06 Magnum SRT8, 05 Magnum RT
    Longhorn Band from Fall 90 to Spring 94

Post Thanks / Like
    This guy was looking for one, maybe you could pm him

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=73466
    2007 Chrysler 300C

Mods- De-molded/De-badged/Hood to Fender Stripe/SRT8 Rear Deck Spoiler/Billet Catch Can/Fastman Throttlebody/Billet Throttlebody Cover/Diablo InTune 91 CAI Tune/Flowmaster Super 10's/Blastin Bob's GPSSR250 Pipes/LMI Frank IV Intake/R1 Concepts Drilled=Slotted Rotors w/ posi-quite pads/Progress Front and Rear Swaybars/Drake Strut Tower Brace.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear Jack. I feel your pain. I have 2 slipped discs and going through a decompression machine to avoid surgery. I hope you get your price. The only problem is that many dealers around here are selling new '05's for $25,500 new. I missed out on one but I'm interested now at that price. All bets are off if I don't get my back fixed as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by haywood View Post
    Sorry to hear Jack. I feel your pain. I have 2 slipped discs and going through a decompression machine to avoid surgery. I hope you get your price. The only problem is that many dealers around here are selling new '05's for $25,500 new. I missed out on one but I'm interested now at that price. All bets are off if I don't get my back fixed as well!
    True, but if you buy from a dealer, you're looking at sales tax which puts your out the door cost right where I'm pricing my car at.

Post Thanks / Like
    Price lowered to $26,900.00.

Post Thanks / Like
    wish it was a convertable id have it sold for you my mom is trying to get one

AZ Modern Mopar Muscle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread