Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    10,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    AZ - Unique Idea for a Meet

    Head Count:
    -FactoryD
    -Junior


    ---
    July 27th

    This is probably the coolest thing I've seen in AZ...ever!

    http://www.midnitemoviemamacita.com/...ouse_redux.htm

    I've lived here for the last 25 years of my life and never knew about this. This brings back memories of my dream of opening a drive-in that has monster movies.

    Anyway. July 27th will be a bitchin' double feature of Deathrace 2000 and Jail Bait Babysitter.I've never seen the latter but, it sounds great!

    I can't think of another chance you will have to see this classic flick on the big screen. For those of you that haven't seen the movie, here is all the details.

    OK. The idea: We should all meet at the Chandler car show around 6-7, hang out, and leave @ 8:30 to the go see Deathrace 2000 on the BIG SCREEN!

    Who's in? I'm going no matter what!
    Last edited by FactoryD; 07-24-2007 at 09:12 PM.





  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    10,338
    Post Thanks / Like
    Besides that night, anyone wanna join me next Friday to go see this one?

    And...holy crap! They're showing the first Toxic Avenger on August 18th!!! So kick-ass!
    Last edited by FactoryD; 07-14-2007 at 05:55 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Bakersfield (yes, Bakersfield)
    Posts
    5,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    A W E S O M E ! ! !


    I sure hope Because of my men QT and RR, the Grindhouse thing sees a resurgence. I'm in!


    AWWW CRAP!!! I'm gonna be in SF with the wife. Should I tell her I'm gonna cancel?
    Last edited by BobF's 6POINT1; 07-14-2007 at 08:47 PM.

    (Waiting "patiently" for the 300C SRT8 8-speed) Coming.....soon?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    10,338
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 6POINT1 View Post
    AWWW CRAP!!! I'm gonna be in SF with the wife. Should I tell her I'm gonna cancel?
    Uhh...YES!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Bakersfield (yes, Bakersfield)
    Posts
    5,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll see what she says.





    Now we just need someone to step up and do this at a drive-in. Can you imagine 60 LXs pulling up for the double feature of Vanishing Point and Cannonball?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Posts
    884
    Post Thanks / Like

    Talking Where's Christian going to be while you two are in SF

    I'll tell you what Bob. I've darn near been thrown over by Jeanie, for a little chubby cheeked 4 year old. She would like nothing more then to be able to spend more time with him. She had so much fun with him at CC's delivery.
    She has told me his stories about his cooking and we have seen proof in your family photo albums online. He is SOOOOO cute, and the things he talks about, so grown up. He won her heart as you were leaving and he rolled down the rear window and blew her kisses. She has a Grandson in Indiana that has that same charisma toward his older women. Christian reminds her alot of her "Derek"

    Jeff East - Gilbert, AZ.

    2007 Charger R/T Daytona, Sublime #0108, "Margarita" SOLD, but not forgotten
    2012 Charger R/T Road & Track w/Super Track Pack, BORN 11-11-2011, DIED 07-02-2013
    2013 Charger R/T Road & Track Daytona w/ Super Track Pack, Blue Pearl #1901 BORN 07-12-2013

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    12,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds like fun. We have a drive-in here in Tucson but it just shows current films. It's a lot of fun with the family.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    14,731
    Post Thanks / Like
    This looks too good! Count me in, unless we've already left for the roadtrip East...

    We went to see "1408" at the Drive-in here the other night. Pretty cool, but that Cake song, "Stickshifts and Safetybelts" came to mind... you kinda need an old Ford with a bench seat...

    But yeah, this looks cool!

    - Click above for my HEMI Registry page -

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Bakersfield (yes, Bakersfield)
    Posts
    5,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIME 108 View Post
    I'll tell you what Bob. I've darn near been thrown over by Jeanie, for a little chubby cheeked 4 year old. She would like nothing more then to be able to spend more time with him. She had so much fun with him at CC's delivery.
    She has told me his stories about his cooking and we have seen proof in your family photo albums online. He is SOOOOO cute, and the things he talks about, so grown up. He won her heart as you were leaving and he rolled down the rear window and blew her kisses. She has a Grandson in Indiana that has that same charisma toward his older women. Christian reminds her alot of her "Derek"
    Thanks for the kind words. He had fun too. He's a little hit and miss warming up to people, but with Jeanie it was pretty instant. I'll be sure to bring him to lots of GTGs.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    1,784
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here ya go again Bob

    Cindy and I saw Deathrace 2000 at the Drive-in. Knew who David Carradine was, but not Sylvester Stallone.
    Hal - Semi retired 66 year old fat guy on Medicare and Social Security but still working
    2006 300C B. Black SRT8 Called Rodney
    426 - 690/701 on a street tune without the N2O
    Edelbrock e-Force @ 11lbs. Quiet, makes Rodney a sleeper.
    Nitrous Outlet Plate
    LMI custom CAI
    Paramount Nag1 and 4K
    Interim work done by Cam
    Brought back to life by Scott and Jon at AMP (MY HEROS)
    Tuned by Johan.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    14,731
    Post Thanks / Like
    Friendly Neighborhood Bump

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Bakersfield (yes, Bakersfield)
    Posts
    5,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    We went to see "1408" at the Drive-in here the other night. Pretty cool, but that Cake song, "Stickshifts and Safetybelts" came to mind... you kinda need an old Ford with a bench seat...

    But yeah, this looks cool!
    Are drive-ins even safe any more?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Dry Heat, AZ
    Posts
    1,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure the wifey will dig this... WHEN IS THE MINI GOLF THO???

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Bakersfield (yes, Bakersfield)
    Posts
    5,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HalV48 View Post
    Here ya go again Bob

    Cindy and I saw Deathrace 2000 at the Drive-in. Knew who David Carradine was, but not Sylvester Stallone.
    Funny enough, my mom took me to see it because my older brother really wanted to go. I was only about 7 or 8 at the time. I guess that should explain some things.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    14,731
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 6POINT1 View Post
    Are drive-ins even safe any more?
    Whatchoo mean?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •