Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Power Dodge and my experience

Joe asked me about my experience and my issues. I wasnt really going to say anything other than they suck, but decided that I should inform the public about the misdealings, poor business practices and the incompetent employees they have working their.

Lets see how I can say this the fastest and easiest way possible.

Sales Side

Salesman refused to get my key when I asked him during negotiations for so long I had to walk into the sales tower and get the key myself. Not walk up to the window, but in the door of the tower.

Salesman did not know anything about the car, but worked their for 4 years. He had to have someone else do the delivery.

Finance guy tried to hit me 4% higher than he should to recoup somne money they lost in the deal.

The car was totally and completely filthy. He tried to clean it, but that really didnt work. I spent 4 hours of my own pesonal time to actually get it clean like it should be for a delivery.

Dealership neglected to tell me it was damaged before the sale was finalized. I found this really cool form in the glovebox that requires me to sign it, know it and agree to still buy the car if the damage was over $500.00. Um they forgot.

Took car in to have an area fixed and the tires checked for vibration. Now we are moving to service as well here. Told no problem whatever I needed fixed, looked at or whatever they would do it. Since they are in deep poop and need that form signed.

Get a call from Jean in Service three days later " Hi, Im so happy to be working on your car, yada yada yada" She tells me the car is aboslutely pristine and perfect she looked at it herself and its immaculate. Great Im thinking what about the tires?

Jean's response, yeah we cannot duplicate that problem since we cant drive over 65 and you said it is really bad at 80.

Me: Did you drive it?
    Jean: No
    Me: Well it vibrates and the car is brand new. Please take off the tires and check for balance. It feels like a weight or something is wrong
    Jean: Its not under warranty so I cant do that
    Me: Its a brand new car with 120 miles on it when it was diagnosed. Talk to New car they are taking care of it

So yeah we went back and forth like that. I show up the next day to pick up the car. Yep its there, Nope its far from pristine. Car is filthy again and there is a 3 inch burn mark in the paint. Oh an she has done nothing with the wheels.

So I waste 2 hours there with the ASM and I am absolutely guaranteed that it will be ready at 2-3 next day with the paint fixed and the wheels. He apologizes and finds the tech that drove it did in fact find a vibration.

I show up at 3:30 and no car and the wheels havent been looked at cause Jean says " its not under warranty and we had three people drive it and cant find anything wrong with it" What about the tech that did? Her reply was basically what are you talking about willis!

So as we are having party in the service drive with the New car manager, tech, myself are listening to this woman sound stupid. The tech agrees to check it out for me. Takes it for a drive and comes back. Guess what? There is a problem. I have a separated tire in one of the front tires and as he put it. "Very obvious"

Hmmmm, Jean what do you have to say for yourself? " well, um, yeah, i drove it and well I have vibrations with my 22's blah blah blah......."

Yeah fix it and quick looking stupid Im thinking after you have personally wasted over 4 hours of my time and the best part is I have to come back because they have no tires in stock.

I get the new tires put on and they wash the car. Well lets just say that I have better things to do than to fix their screwed up car wash idiots especially when it is 110 out. Their lot boys are being paid for doing nothing. Sure I know this part I work for dealers all the time and been around forever with them. Just sucks you cant get anything done right these days.

So with everything said and done I have a sit down with the GSM and he completely and totally cannot believe all that has transpired and is really embarassed that all this has taken place with one customer over a weeks time. He doesnt blame me if I would never bring my car, my business or allow any of my friends to shop or service there.

I will say Warren the New Car manager was excellent and really tried to make things right, but seemed to have it stacked against him.

But I will never set foot in another Power Store to purchase or service a car that I own that includes parts. There might be other great people like the tech and the New car manager, but Im not going to waste my time to pick and go thru until I can find one. Jean is supposedly one of their best service writers at Power. Maybe at being polite, thats about it.

yes, I love my car, yes I got a good deal and yes the GSM and I worked out an agreement to put all this to rest.
    http://www.lxforums.com/board/signaturepics/sigpic6182_1.gif
    Check out my sites if you want. Some are NWS so be careful kids

www.ride21modeling.com
    www.myspace.com/ride21modeling

Post Thanks / Like
    All I can say is WOW!
    Glad I don't use them.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is just a shame that you had to go though all of this, but thanks for bringing this to our attention.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
    My friends call me JONN (usually).

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a terrible experience. I think it is not dealer specific though.

About a month and a half ago Mike and I decided to put remote start on both of our cars. We went to a local Chevy dealership for the remote start on the Hummer. We had a great experience and got a great remote start/alarm package that works wonderfully.

For the Charger we went to Tempe Dodge. The experience there was not so great. First, the remote start was over priced for what it was. It was the cheesiest [spell check] of remote starts and it was more expensive than the great one we got for the Hummer. When we came to pick up the Charger we watched/listened in horror as a lot boy grinded the bottom of our front end on a parking bump thing. When we got the car we also had a nice new scratch on the driver side. The car was dirty with grubby greasy hand prints on it. Luckily Mike being the laid back and calm guy he is asked for the Manager while I seethed in silence tapping my foot.

While I dont remember the Managers name I will say that he was nice and helpful and that he did say he would fix everything and in fact when we had the time we took it back and he delivered on his promises. They fixed all of the damage they inflicted and actually delived the car clean on the fix visit. I still think the remote start was a rip off but I dont whine about it so much now when it is 110 and cool in the car when we get in.

Post Thanks / Like
    I suppose that they are a "5 Star Dealer" ??????

What a joke.

Bob
    Bob in Ocala, Florida, 05' Magnum RT, 74 years young - married 53 years. Superchips tuner & Flowmaster 40's. 402 Motoring rear spoiler, mud flaps, tinted & painted tail lights. Danko shaker hood, 69' Charger grille, front spoiler, rear diffuser.

Post Thanks / Like
    dumbass_dealer_count = dumbass_dealer_count + 2

I look at it as the 'dumbing down' of any and all 'Service' in almost all categories. I'm assuming that dcx dealers are lowering their standards to match the offshorean content of everything else.

Or maybe their standards were already low and they all had a 'stupid attack'...

Mike
    "Now, I may not be an expert either, but I do lay the keyboard down on occasion, wipe the donut crumbs off my face, put my pants on and go outside into the light... and work on the car." - MattRobertson
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v619/MikeEast/
    (AirHammer, FRI Sidewinder, JBA shortys/highflows, Zoomers, Diablo, Labonte, Pedders, RazorsEdge, HSP Mounts, Silver Box,BT PinkThingy, AMG Paddle Shifters) 3.07 SRT rear, 13.302@106.15

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought my truck from Power and one of my Chargers from Larry Miller. I use Moore Chrysler for all my service for two reasons:
    1. Chargershed (Erik) is the Service Advisor and a very good one at that.
    2. Moore Chrysler has never let me down - their guys are excellent.

Sorry to hear your experience was sub-par and sorry to say, I'm not surprised.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

i had the same experience at big valley dodge and dependable
    but the best experience at murphy shelby dodge

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBlocker View Post
    Joe asked me about my experience and my issues. I wasnt really going to say anything other than they suck, but decided that I should inform the public about the misdealings, poor business practices and the incompetent employees they have working their.

Lets see how I can say this the fastest and easiest way possible.

Sales Side

Salesman refused to get my key when I asked him during negotiations for so long I had to walk into the sales tower and get the key myself. Not walk up to the window, but in the door of the tower.

Salesman did not know anything about the car, but worked their for 4 years. He had to have someone else do the delivery.

Finance guy tried to hit me 4% higher than he should to recoup somne money they lost in the deal.

The car was totally and completely filthy. He tried to clean it, but that really didnt work. I spent 4 hours of my own pesonal time to actually get it clean like it should be for a delivery.

Dealership neglected to tell me it was damaged before the sale was finalized. I found this really cool form in the glovebox that requires me to sign it, know it and agree to still buy the car if the damage was over $500.00. Um they forgot.

Took car in to have an area fixed and the tires checked for vibration. Now we are moving to service as well here. Told no problem whatever I needed fixed, looked at or whatever they would do it. Since they are in deep poop and need that form signed.

Get a call from Jean in Service three days later " Hi, Im so happy to be working on your car, yada yada yada" She tells me the car is aboslutely pristine and perfect she looked at it herself and its immaculate. Great Im thinking what about the tires?

Jean's response, yeah we cannot duplicate that problem since we cant drive over 65 and you said it is really bad at 80.

Me: Did you drive it?
    Jean: No
    Me: Well it vibrates and the car is brand new. Please take off the tires and check for balance. It feels like a weight or something is wrong
    Jean: Its not under warranty so I cant do that
    Me: Its a brand new car with 120 miles on it when it was diagnosed. Talk to New car they are taking care of it

So yeah we went back and forth like that. I show up the next day to pick up the car. Yep its there, Nope its far from pristine. Car is filthy again and there is a 3 inch burn mark in the paint. Oh an she has done nothing with the wheels.

So I waste 2 hours there with the ASM and I am absolutely guaranteed that it will be ready at 2-3 next day with the paint fixed and the wheels. He apologizes and finds the tech that drove it did in fact find a vibration.

I show up at 3:30 and no car and the wheels havent been looked at cause Jean says " its not under warranty and we had three people drive it and cant find anything wrong with it" What about the tech that did? Her reply was basically what are you talking about willis!

So as we are having party in the service drive with the New car manager, tech, myself are listening to this woman sound stupid. The tech agrees to check it out for me. Takes it for a drive and comes back. Guess what? There is a problem. I have a separated tire in one of the front tires and as he put it. "Very obvious"

Hmmmm, Jean what do you have to say for yourself? " well, um, yeah, i drove it and well I have vibrations with my 22's blah blah blah......."

Yeah fix it and quick looking stupid Im thinking after you have personally wasted over 4 hours of my time and the best part is I have to come back because they have no tires in stock.

I get the new tires put on and they wash the car. Well lets just say that I have better things to do than to fix their screwed up car wash idiots especially when it is 110 out. Their lot boys are being paid for doing nothing. Sure I know this part I work for dealers all the time and been around forever with them. Just sucks you cant get anything done right these days.

So with everything said and done I have a sit down with the GSM and he completely and totally cannot believe all that has transpired and is really embarassed that all this has taken place with one customer over a weeks time. He doesnt blame me if I would never bring my car, my business or allow any of my friends to shop or service there.

I will say Warren the New Car manager was excellent and really tried to make things right, but seemed to have it stacked against him.

But I will never set foot in another Power Store to purchase or service a car that I own that includes parts. There might be other great people like the tech and the New car manager, but Im not going to waste my time to pick and go thru until I can find one. Jean is supposedly one of their best service writers at Power. Maybe at being polite, thats about it.

yes, I love my car, yes I got a good deal and yes the GSM and I worked out an agreement to put all this to rest.
    Other than that, how did you like them?

Sorry to hear you had problems.

I have been dealing with Power for about 13 years, through 4 or 5 name changes, and have never had a problem with their service dept. Sales is a little on the weird side. We, LX people, usually know more about what we are/were looking for than the salespeople.

Any and all of my service has been done well and usually fast.

IMO... I think they are great!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Make that Dumbass Dealer count +3

I took my Daytona back to Ed Moses, where it was born and delivered at.
    Silly me, thinking since I had bought it there just 1000 miles prior, I MIGHT get some priority service. WRONG. First oil change @ 1100 miles, 5 count em FIVE hours for an oil change. Not Synthetic, not Blend, didn't have to run to Auto Zone to pick up 6 quarts of oil. I would have left, IF I COULD HAVE FOUND MY CAR. What in the hell do they do with your car when they drive away in it?
    I looked everywhere. Service Mgr kept apologizing, ASM said, as I walked thru the showroom for the umteenth time, " Are you still here? This is ridiculous", come with me. He got the show Mgr to do my oil change, man he was not too happy to be doing a lowly oil change. Now at 6K I start getting Mobil 1 oil changes. Bought in advance 4 years (8) oil change for $400.00 bet your butt I'll be watching which drum they draw the oil from.

Jeff East - Gilbert, AZ.

2007 Charger R/T Daytona, Sublime #0108, "Margarita" SOLD, but not forgotten
    2012 Charger R/T Road & Track w/Super Track Pack, BORN 11-11-2011, DIED 07-02-2013
    2013 Charger R/T Road & Track Daytona w/ Super Track Pack, Blue Pearl #1901 BORN 07-12-2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joeb1 View Post
    Other than that, how did you like them?
    Any and all of my service has been done well and usually fast.
    LOL,
    I can say that the front tire air pressure match each other and the rears do to but they dont match each other.

Im sure it has a lot to do with nothing and maybe they perform really great in the service. I will say everyone there is very nice and helpful until you ask a question about your car, but even then they are nice, they just dont know what they are doing. The tech that worked on my car is great and did a really good job diagnosing the problem. Oh well that dealer is so far out of my way for servicing Ill try a closer one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chad,

First off, congrats on the new ride. I know when we met you had said you loved the Chargers, but am surprised to see that you bought one... Outside of the issues with the dealer, I am sure you will love your new ride.
    SOUNDS LIKE A LOOSE NUT BETWEEN THE STEERING WHEEL AND THE DRIVERS SEAT
    2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T #1373:
    Ordered 7-1-2005
    Born 8-17-2005
    Adopted 9-10-2005

recovering modaholic... so mods will be few and far between

Post Thanks / Like
    Dont get my wrong, I do love the car and if I didnt I never would of bought it. You were surprised, really. I guess that might be the case since I was driving a little import car when we met.

Post Thanks / Like
    I myself had pronlems with tempe dodge and ed moses after i found out about having one of our own at a dealership. me and my family will only use moore chrysler eric reall takes care of us

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, thanks for the kudos... I'm just doing what they pay me to do... of, course I probably know more than most about the LX cars... but I have a great resource here on the forums!!! Unfortunately, there is a lot of turnover in this line of work, due to stress, management changes, payplan changes etc.. which can make it diffucult to find someone you trust and then find them again on your next visit... not everybody chooses to learn the product, either... again, thanks for your support!
    Previously: "Vanessa" 2006 Charger R/T with all kinds of little details and a unique red bee stripe...
    Currently: "Maleficent" 2006 300 SRT8 option groupII, rear seat VES, Kicker stereo upgrade... 86K
    Future: 2015 Charger SRT Hellcat( late availability!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread