Post Thanks / Like

Junes MOD Fast56k interview

First off, Carl let me extend congratulations to you on our first sweep of the MOD nomination process. There are some pretty active members here at “The Arizona LX Club”, I know that is an honor you will not take lightly.

full:
    I know you are aware of just how excited we all are about your 426 conversion, but our emotions most certainly pale in comparison to yours. After all you have waited a very long time to reach this point. Take a moment if you would and please in as positive a light as you can give us a run down of just how many obstacles you had to overcome to take your now “Faster” Fast56k to the monster size it is now.

"Carl":

I owned a 1968 426 hemi road runner which I had to sell to pay my college tuition. I regretted it at the time and I still regret it except my education was worth it.

I decided this car was going to be my "replacement" for the car I had to sell. It was a hemi and it was as fast from the factory as my 68 road runner was. It was missing one thing. A 426 hemi. Thus my quest began. I paid Heat Performance $10k for a motor, sent him brand new C&C heads and all of the extraneous parts needed to complete a motor. I sent my Kooks LTs to him and my Pro Torque stall converter. He quickly sold my heads and sabotaged my brand new short block I sent to him. Luckily, Frank Racing retrieved most of my extraneous parts, my headers and torque converter. They also managed to get a used block back from Kelly and some used large chamber heads. They did this out of the goodness of their hearts and I am grateful for it.

I had enough cash left to hire a lawyer and sue Kelly, but decided to move forward with my motor instead. I was the first one to call when PPP had their special sale and bought my 426 stroker block. It comes from PPP and I feel confident in anything coming from Jeremy and company. Jeremy also sent me injectors (I suppose because he was aware of what happened to me and was showing me a kindness.) He also sent me 426 head gaskets at no charge. I then needed a cam and Frank Racing didn't want to sell me one, so I decided to go with Jeremy again. I bought the track warrior cam.

Finally, AZLXC made an event out of installing my motor and Auto Lab donated a stall, the use of tools, and expertise to complete the transplant. The result is so awesome, words can not adequately describe the feeling.

full:
    Through all of that you continued to offer help to other members, never seemed to be bitter, and continued to attend some pretty awesome events. You did well on the track then, how do you think you will do next year, or will you be attending the event in November?

"Carl":

One very important lesson I have learned being a Christian is that failing to forgive and move on does nothing but destroy the one who holds their anger. I have been to most events, even gone to Pavilions with AZCharger many a Saturday long before there was an organized club. I imagine I will continue to attend as many events as possible.

Full:
    I consider it a great privilege to be able to get to know all the members here. I have only really spent time with local members, you have been to some of the national events, tell me how do you think the Arizona LX Crew differs from other local clubs?

"Carl":

We all have in common our LXs. We love our cars and that is a universal language among us. Our group is very active. I think we are at least as active as the most active club on the forums. I don't think we are really any different than other clubs other than we might like to race more than they, and like to meet more often.

Quote:
    Lastly tell me do you remember the moment that you were hooked? That moment your car became more than something that you just drive? The moment when you became aware there was an LX way of life as well?

"Carl":

I ordered my car and had not even driven one prior to getting mine delivered. I just knew I wanted a Mercedes suspension with a Hemi motor and a Dodge body. I was hooked the moment I turned the key for the first time. This is a truly remarkable car. With the 426 in it now, it is unbelievable.

Well congratulations again,
    Thanks.

all the best,
    now drive on,
    full

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats again, Carl!!!

FB: www.facebook.com/chargerchick
    Twitter & Instagram: @chargerchick412

AZLX Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/240409256167396/

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you my good friends.

C.

Silver 06 CSRT-8

Greatfull for life and invited to heaven.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Carl. I'm so glad you made it down to Tucson recently. Good times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Carl you deserve it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats, bud!

You have created some smiles on our faces, also. Thanks.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
    My friends call me JONN (usually).

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats are in order to ya.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfox0099 View Post
    Congrats are in order to ya.
    Thanks man. It was your pioneering spirit that gave me the courage to go down this road.

C.

Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go Carl!

Do you think you will learn to like the new engine...
    GOD BLESS AMERICA

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Carl. It was nice to be at the track with you for your first run. You deserve the "props".
    Ratfink

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Carl.

Post Thanks / Like
    God had something else planned for you You see, it turned out for the better. I'm really happy for you. Good luck on your new motor.

-rob
    2012 Dodge Charger

PB 1/8 run: 7.92 @ 86.92 * 1.76 60' on street tires with DA at 1786 - All Stock

Current mods:

Custom tune by Lxmodguy, Stage II VB, Corsa Extreme Exhaust and LMI true CAI

Post Thanks / Like
    Correction:

Frank Racing and I had a misunderstanding. Evidently they did want to sell me a cam. I didn't think they did. It was my mistake.

C.

Share This Thread