Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

relocating the IAT sensor...

so i think i am going to relocate the iat sensor on my intake track, i will be doing this when i install the stock srt intake i just bought but i am curious on how to plug the old hole without it look like crap. any ideas on what to use to plug the hole? i have a stock r/t intake now but ill be installing my srt intake soon. i am going to be installing the sensor in a new location right on the box as it goes into the tube, or on the tube right after the clamp, i have fully decided but ill take pics for sure to show you guys, i think this is why the airhammer intake adds so much claimed HP because of this sensor relocation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi_charger_RT View Post
    so i think i am going to relocate the iat sensor on my intake track, i will be doing this when i install the stock srt intake i just bought but i am curious on how to plug the old hole without it look like crap. any ideas on what to use to plug the hole? i have a stock r/t intake now but ill be installing my srt intake soon. i am going to be installing the sensor in a new location right on the box as it goes into the tube, or on the tube right after the clamp, i have fully decided but ill take pics for sure to show you guys, i think this is why the airhammer intake adds so much claimed HP because of this sensor relocation.
    I think the Regular Hammer intake keeps the IAT in the same place ....The one you can buy for the Nitrous application the IAT is relocated....If im wrong please correct me....
    2006 BB 300 SRT8.,LMI CAI, oil catch, bilstein shocks all around, dc sport top carbon steel strut tower bar, challanger motor mounts,alpine touch screen,Suit case removed with Custom magnaflow resonators with 4 inch tips,Blue Tops,93 CAI tune...Running a zex kit,N.O plate.Nano kit. ran 12.1 @ 118 with a 2.0 60ft...

87 Mustang GT convertible Turbo
    89 Iroc-Z 350 TPI wifes toy
    91 Z28 350 TPI supercharged Wifes toy
    98 GMC suburban,04 Trailblazer,03 Ford Excursion
    2006 MSRT-8 ...GONE....

Post Thanks / Like
    Any holes can be filled by figuring out what size pipe plug will fit. Drill correct dia hole, run a NPT tap into hole to make threads, then install correct size plug. Of course do this off the car and make sure inside of tube is clean before reassembly. A little teflon tape or paste on the threads.
    FRI Sidewinder cam, Dynatec Headers , BorlaCatback , 93 octane dyno tune, 333rwhp/350 ft lbs, Police Pack Oil Cooler, SRT 8 Struts and Nivo's ,Hotchkis sway bars,B Woody end links, 295,000 miles, 275/40/20 Ventus ST's , 1/8th mile 7.707 sec /90.19 mph -- 05 QC4X4 Ram 205,000 mi . Never Trust a Fart

Post Thanks / Like
    i remember seeing,that one of the forum members dyno tested the relocation of this sensor...i think it made a little more tq...??? here is what i did when i installed my nitrous kit...

went to home depot of course,and got a plastic threaded plug...they have hundered's of them in different sizes and painted it,just the outside part...

as for the sensor,took of the wire loom and basicly cut it and made it longer with connector and elec tape...drilled the hole next to the filter,in a open spot and that's it here are some pic's...

mod's:zex kit,k&n cai,h-flow cat's (495rwhp 572rwtq)
    http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r80/matty232/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by My Hemi View Post
    I think the Regular Hammer intake keeps the IAT in the same place ....The one you can buy for the Nitrous application the IAT is relocated....If im wrong please correct me....
    The AirHammer comes with an option to relocate the IAT sensor no matter if it's nitrous or not.
    *Optional IAT Sensor $30.00*
    For that extra bit of performance we can move the (Intake Air Sensor) IAT
    to the bottom side of the large end of the intake. Includes the extender harness.
    (provides for more accurate and stable temperature reading for the computer.

06 Inferno Red Magnum SRT8
    Pretty stuff: Blinker mod, Silverstars, Auto Headlight, ERF Backups, 22Elite console w/Jina's stitching

Go-fast stuff:
    Arrington 426 w/607 cam and FRI Heads by BFNY Performance, Tuned by HemiTuner, Kooks, Protorque 2800, Airhammer, 180 t-stat, Cool-It, B&B Catback
    11.973@112.45 N/A
    11.42@117 - 1.579 60'
    juiced

Post Thanks / Like
    i was under the impression the air hammer relocates the IAT for denser air readings, thus creating more power.

anyone who relocate thier sensor think it was worth it? where di you relocate yours too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nhdave View Post
    The AirHammer comes with an option to relocate the IAT sensor no matter if it's nitrous or not.
    Well see i knew i was wrong...LOL....Thanks for pointing that out...

Post Thanks / Like
    i was under the impression the air hammer relocates the IAT for denser air readings, thus creating more power.

anyone who relocate thier sensor think it was worth it? where did you relocate yours too?
    any downfalls also?

Post Thanks / Like
    anyone who relocate thier sensor think it was worth it?
    if you aint got nuthin to do "do it"

it's not a seat in the paints type mod

Post Thanks / Like
    any downfalls also?
    takes about 45min to do it right

after you got all your stuff to do it

Post Thanks / Like
    Just go buy a new IAT sensor and plug it into the new location. They don't cost that much. Leave the original where it is and you can do a little experimenting, and let us all know what, if any, difference it makes.
    magnuman

Post Thanks / Like
    The stealership wants $47 for them. There's a prior post on this.
    In the performance equation, it's a really small boost and only at initial WOT. Then the O2 sesors take over.

I Hate closed programming!

With extended wires, you could mount it at the grill. But the value into making a change is small and inconsequential.

Unlike the god old days, where a carb/ intake/ header, change made a huge dofference, these cars are pretty close to what you'll get, without head and cam changes.

Best power for $ may be "juiceing" the motor. A 75 shot will do wonders, but it's pretty close to the best HP/cost ratio at stock.

Needless to say, I keep modding mine, cause it's fun!

Blasin Bobs and a K#N drop in would have ended up the same as the $1K or more difference.

I'll keep playing cause it's more than a car. It's a hobby.

My Maggie's the first car I've owned in the last 20years that's been a blast to drive and works on a daily basis.

Enjoy!
    Adaptive Craving Control-by Hal9000 modification strictly prohibited
    FI IV.5, Solo cat backs, 180 thermo, Catch Can, DS tuner, SRT heads,headers and mids, Derale 32000BTU Tranny cooler with fan control, duel oil coolers, P/S cooler, Pedders Track II, coil overs, Hodgkiss sways, BWoody links, 20" Jacks N Five with Nitto Invo's, Custom brakes by TCE. Bling by BT.
    Just a grocery getter!

Post Thanks / Like
    well i did it, ill have pics up shortly. i relocated the IAT to the inner portion of the tube right before the accordian piece.

to comment, the car def feels smoother and more powerfull uptop. i dont know if it were the airbox or relocating the iat. but it was def worth the 50 bux for the srt box and the free 20 min relocating job i did, i made it look real nice and neat, oem like quality. ill let the pics show it when i get them up.

Post Thanks / Like
    well i did it, ill have pics up shortly. i relocated the IAT to the inner portion of the tube right before the accordian piece.

to comment, the car def feels smoother and more powerfull uptop. i dont know if it were the airbox or relocating the iat. but it was def worth the 50 bux for the srt box and the free 20 min relocating job i did, i made it look real nice and neat, oem like quality. ill let the pics show it when i get them up.
    Nice to hear...Glad everything worked out great...See you soon....
    Check Us Out Online & Contact Us @ 1-888-894-1115

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah man i appriciate eveything. i jut gotta get that CCV hose from a early daytona and it will be perfect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread