Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

how to wire new LED tail lights

I got a new set of LED tail lights. Only the top portion looks to be LED. There is an unusual wire on the new tails. Need help how to install. NO directions came with them.

'07 Charger R/T

MODS:
    Diablosport Predator -JBA Catless Exhaust - Airhammer - B.T. Embelms -SRT Grill - Pedders Lowering Springs - 180 T-stat - RK Sport Hood - SRT Headers

Guest Guest

Post Thanks / Like
    ok im slow... the wire that came on the new tail looks to plug into somthing. Im not changing all the lights to LEDS only the top ones [ that had the wire comming out of it ]

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks like the pigtail on my Eagle Eyes tails. Pull the lights out of the old tail light. Remove the brake light bulb and plug that pigtail into it. You have to push a little harder than feels natural...at least I had to. Make sure the light lights up. If not, take the pigtail back out, flip it upside down and put it back in. Your polarity might be backwards.

Post some pics when you get it working!
    What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...unless you have to go to a clinic to get rid of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    bump

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes that plug, plugs into where your top light bulb of the stock lights go. Take the bulb out and plug that in.
    Tinted glass, Cut front springs 1 1/4",
    AirHammer HO, Duel Flowmaster 40s, De-molded,
    Sonar LED Tails, Flat black honeycomb grille,
    18" RT wheels & 245/45, No ESP Mod, Predator,
    Innovate WB A/F guage, Ported Lower Intake.

Post Thanks / Like
    It just goes into the stock tailight socket, if it doesn't work, like mine didn't at first, turn it around and it should work.

Post Thanks / Like

The top light is stock, the bottom is aftermarket and looks like it has the same pigtail you have shown, right? The stock brake light bulb pulls right out of its socket, and that pigtail goes into it. Once it's connected, test it by hitting the brakes or turning on the lights. If it doesn't work, take the pigtail back out and flip it around. Test it again. The wires attached to the pigtails get pushed back into the tail lamp housing and it the light sockets go into the new tail light just like it were stock.

Does that make any better sense? I wish I had pictures from where I did mine. This photo is actually from the KB.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok i think i got it. you guys kick aZZ

Post Thanks / Like
    So where are the pics with the installed lights?????

C'mon man! You're keeping us in suspense!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasMagnum View Post

The top light is stock, the bottom is aftermarket and looks like it has the same pigtail you have shown, right? The stock brake light bulb pulls right out of its socket, and that pigtail goes into it. Once it's connected, test it by hitting the brakes or turning on the lights. If it doesn't work, take the pigtail back out and flip it around. Test it again. The wires attached to the pigtails get pushed back into the tail lamp housing and it the light sockets go into the new tail light just like it were stock.

Does that make any better sense? I wish I had pictures from where I did mine. This photo is actually from the KB.
    So i had these lights for a bit and I thought of this when installing what if a led burns out yup they are sealed inside the light do you break them apart and hope to get them back together???? well it happened had about four burn out in one tail so what did I do...........tinted my stock tails!

New Ride In the Making! Like it on the Book and watch the build progress

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread