LX Forums Forum banner

Official 5.7L Hemi mods list

42K views 32 replies 29 participants last post by  MattRobertson 
#1 ·
start listing all the available mods you know of for the 5.7 V8...use quote to continue

#6 ·
Only installed a CGS Motorsports intake, no heat sheild at all, sounds unreal when pedal is applied. Power upgrade is very noticeable. Gibson Headers annd Exhaust (free) coming in Jan. My RTrips, drive it mellow mostly, but love to tun off the ESP and blow the carbon out after traffic. Still get 21 MPG average with all my legal ( yea right) naughtiness :twisted:
Have Fun!
'8R

#8 ·
This Intake is a basic silicone elbow, powder coated tube and a K&N type filter. I would post some photos if I knew how to attach them.
As far as resonators, My exhaust guys, Gibson won't have the production set up for me until the first of the year.
Later,
'8R

#14 ·
#16 ·
Competition Cams has three cams out for the 5.7, I saw a press release but I'll be damned if I can find them on their site now. GS Motorsports has a supercharger available as well, if you have $6k to drop for an extra 45%hp.

#17 ·
Super T said:
Competition Cams has three cams out for the 5.7, I saw a press release but I'll be damned if I can find them on their site now. GS Motorsports has a supercharger available as well, if you have $6k to drop for an extra 45%hp.
Yeah, but wouldn't the supercharger play hell on the engine in about 10k miles or so? I have always heard that you need a better block than what the RT comes with for a supercharger install. The SRT will hav that block at 425 HP...

Don't mean to rain, but just checking...plus, 6 large is a lot of bread for me...lol

#19 ·
Super T said:
Super-T,

KRC has them here. They say they're for the 5.7 and 6.1 Hemi, but I haven't heard of anyone here (or the 300 or Charger forum) that's used them. I was thinking the 218 grind would be prertty street-able, especially with a good CAI and exhaust (need I also mention a tuner?!). FWIW...

Matt

#20 ·
dagummit said:
Yeah, but wouldn't the supercharger play hell on the engine in about 10k miles or so? I have always heard that you need a better block than what the RT comes with for a supercharger install. The SRT will hav that block at 425 HP...

Don't mean to rain, but just checking...plus, 6 large is a lot of bread for me...lol
NO! the block wouldn't be affected by a S/C. Forced induction by itself has no affect on the "block", may cause issue with head gaskets, manifold pressure etc. In reality any power increase has inherent issues to an otherwis stock bottom end, but I believe the Hemis have a six bolt main so all should be well

#21 ·
They'll hold up close to 500 horsepower... after that you start looking for trouble. i wouldn't recommend crossing that line without forged pistons and connecting rods at the very least. high-yield gaskets wouldn't be a bad thing either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.