Post Thanks / Like

The Red Baron is here!

Glad to find this site. Hope to drive a C soon and see if I want to spend serious scratch for one.

My only concern is spending 38K to have a car that looks the same and has the same name as a 24K car.

What do you guys think?
    Don
    1999 Chrysler 300M
    14.674 best ET

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand the trepidation, but the large "C" on the badge will tell all. Hopefully, once behind the wheel you won't care!

I'm sure there will be a few posers that will add the emblems to a V6. It happens all the time to the Honda VTEC's...

Post Thanks / Like
    My only concern is spending 38K to have a car that looks the same and has the same name as a 24K car.
    That is the same concern I have since I have heard that Chrysler is putting the bench seat in and cutting options to cut the price of the PACIFICA in 2005. This making a CHEAPER Pacifica is really making the Pacifica CHEAP.
    Please leave it as it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DSMLVR
    That is the same concern I have since I have heard that Chrysler is putting the bench seat in and cutting options to cut the price of the PACIFICA in 2005. This making a CHEAPER Pacifica is really making the Pacifica CHEAP.
    Please leave it as it is.
    I actually agree with this. The Pacifica to me always seemed like competition for the X5 and the SRX. Why try and have it compete with the Sante Fe too? It just muddles the image of a fine automobile.
    Anthony
    Admin and Resident Website Fixer-upper

Follow Me on Twitter! | Knowledge Base | Search | LXOM Winners

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!!

Base 300 has different wheels, headlights, no fog lamps, ugly taillights, spartan interior compared with the C...Trust me, there's a difference. 8)
    Chris ~
    '01 LHS '01 Dakota Sport '04 Sebring Convertible '05 Grand Caravan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by E8502
    Base 300 has different wheels, headlights, no fog lamps, ugly taillights, spartan interior compared with the C...Trust me, there's a difference. 8)
    You know, I have seen three different versions of the lower front end of the 300, and I couldn't figure out why. I now realize that the concept version was one, the base 300 another and the 300C the nicest of the three. I wondered what the differences where, and now I know. Thanks for clearing that up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave
    You know, I have seen three different versions of the lower front end of the 300, and I couldn't figure out why. I now realize that the concept version was one, the base 300 another and the 300C the nicest of the three. I wondered what the differences where, and now I know. Thanks for clearing that up!
    Yes, the 300C is the best looking out of all the 300's. If you look at the V6 300's, you can see their headlights are big blocks with the parking lamps located at the lower end of the light. The taillights on the base look very 90's, and the base dash really plain. Also, the 3.5L models do have fog lights (vs. the 2.7L with none), just not the same style as the 300C.

Also, I had to comment on your Prowler, it's such an amazing car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the 300C is the best looking out of all the 300's. If you look at the V6 300's, you can see their headlights are big blocks with the parking lamps located at the lower end of the light. The taillights on the base look very 90's, and the base dash really plain. Also, the 3.5L models do have fog lights (vs. the 2.7L with none), just not the same style as the 300C.

Also, I had to comment on your Prowler, it's such an amazing car!
    I visiteed the Dallas Auto Show yesterday and was able to see a 300 and sit in a 300C. I didn't think to compare the interiors of the two models, I just assumed they would be the same. For that matter, I assumed that the exteriors were the same too. I learn something new about these cars every day. I'm glad I found this list!

Thanks for the compliment on the Prowler. I'm trying to keep it looking brand new, but with 25K miles on it it's obvious that I'm putting it to good use... :D

Share This Thread