Post Thanks / Like

U0101 - Lost Comm with TCM

Hey guys and gals, I've been having a small problem. I've been getting this code intermittently for sometime now and when i get it my baby goes into limp mode. I have to stop the car and restart it to go. Sometimes, the first restart does it, but sometimes it can take up to a few key turns to get rid of it. the ESP and squiggly lines light up when i encounter the problem. Most notibly when i put the parking brake I get this code, but lately it just happens. Has anyone had this problem and what is the solution. I noticed i get them more frequent now ever since i installed the latest Supership DB. What are some things i can check? thanks!
    2012 Dodge Charger

PB 1/8 run: 7.92 @ 86.92 * 1.76 60' on street tires with DA at 1786 - All Stock

Current mods:

Custom tune by Lxmodguy, Stage II VB, Corsa Extreme Exhaust and LMI true CAI

Post Thanks / Like
    as boring as it sounds, take it back to stock and see if the problem goes away. It may be an error in the software that kicks it off of the network. If the problem goes away, try reloading the SC and see if it comes back.
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

"If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets as Michelangelo painted or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you running aftermarket HID's? That can do it as well.
    Later,
    Brett
    SoCalLX - " Where Southern California Car Culture Meets Modern Mopar Muscle"

Post Thanks / Like
    i had that code all of the time when i was running superchips. one of the reasons i got rid of it. also put me in limp mode a few times.

go back to stock and see if you have the same issues. mine are gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tips guys. I'll go back to stock. I don't have HIDS so that's not the problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rander View Post
    Hey guys and gals, I've been having a small problem. I've been getting this code intermittently for sometime now and when i get it my baby goes into limp mode. I have to stop the car and restart it to go. Sometimes, the first restart does it, but sometimes it can take up to a few key turns to get rid of it. the ESP and squiggly lines light up when i encounter the problem. Most notibly when i put the parking brake I get this code, but lately it just happens. Has anyone had this problem and what is the solution. I noticed i get them more frequent now ever since i installed the latest Supership DB. What are some things i can check? thanks!
    That harness goes right near the ebrake mechanism. I would check for a loose connection or the harness getting tugged on. The tcm is easy to get to, just removed the panel below the steering column (where the trunk button is mounted) the harness is right behind it.

Jay
    2013 Honda Accord EX - 2.4L/6-Speed Manual

2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD-Everything but the kitchen sink.
    2011 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic - Redline 3-Coat Pearl, 6-speed - Gone
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT-Can you say...HEMI? - Gone
    1989 WS6/L98 Trans Am-Got Torque? - Gone

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet that's what it is there Jay. I guess after mucking around installing my nitrous switches it's quiet possible i may have loosened the harness to the tcm. I wasn't aware that the tcm was under there.

I'll look at this first thing tomorrow. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by karfreek View Post
    That harness goes right near the ebrake mechanism. I would check for a loose connection or the harness getting tugged on. The tcm is easy to get to, just removed the panel below the steering column (where the trunk button is mounted) the harness is right behind it.

Jay

Post Thanks / Like
    Update! That was it. i don't get it anymore. seems i had some of the wires i used for the nitrous switches were being pulled and pulling also some of the wires to some of my harnesses. I suspect to the TCM. thanks Jay for the tip. Now when i put the E-Brake the lights don't come at will. i'll keep an eye on it, but it seems that did it. whew, that was easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad it worked for you!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still getting these:

U0101 Lost Communication with TCM.
    U0001 – High Speed CAN Communication Bus

Could be why I'm unabe to dyno as well as spin up the tires. Anybody else getting these? I too have the superchip installed and wondering if it is the cause of it. Mayb FnkyChkn can chime in as well. Thanks!

Share This Thread