Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

LX 2nd Annual LXOY: Rev.Hammer

written by Rev.Hammer

Well, I have to say that this is indeed a real honor! In the wildest dreams did this simple boy from South Georgia would I have thought this would have happened! It has been a wild ride to say the least. When I found this place I was happy to have landed in amongst such a fine kettle of folks! I have never seen the likes of such folks!

I have had the humbling honor to be a recipient of the heartwarming outreach of this community and I have had the honor of participating in the reaching out. If you would have told me when I joined of the things that have come to pass, I would have advised you to put the pipe down! AHAHAHA!!!
    But really; this place, these people, have given me a new hope that humanity can not only get along, but be fast friends across many divergent backgrounds. THIS forum, is the very definition of what having family and friends means.

I am now 40 years old. I have never ever before in my life had such friends as these. I am enjoying my life now more than ever! Thanks to all of you!
    I don’t really count myself as anything really special in this array of bright stars. I am just happy to be here.

I came originally from around the Okeefenokee Swamp. I was born in Bacon County, oddly enough and I grew up understanding the Southern ways of being respectful, having honor, working hard, and pulling your own weight. Thankfully, and I mean no disrespect to the area, I got out of that place. It is economically quite limited. Dawson Magnum is from a similar area called Fitzgerald and he can attest to what I am saying. I have lived all over since then, but mostly in the South. I love this area.

I have had many jobs and have done many things for a dollar. I am proud to say that since I have been an adult, I have never been on the government dole. I have been bedraggled poor and I have even been homeless. I have worn clothes that were given me by churches and family. I have to say that I understand the massive mental encumbrance of poverty and how that some can never seem to make their escape. I have had a dream since I was a teenager; to have my own company researching, making, and developing speed parts. I owe this place and a great many of you a debt of thanks for your belief in me and my dreams. I am now living those dreams! I am having the life that I always wanted.

You have to keep your dreams. Your dreams are there to be both the motivational carrot AND stick in your life. My dreams were the only thing that kept me able to keep the chains tight and not give up.

I was totally dumbstruck and confounded when Hammerfest came about. When the Hammer Fund was started, I thought to my self:

“Wow, this is a wonderful gesture! But… really don’t get your hopes up. Such things are miracles and poor boys from the swamps don’t get miracles.”
    Then Hammerfest, the meet when I was to get my pride and joy, Val, arrived. I had to keep saying to myself;

“This is real, this is truly happening!!!”

It REALLY hit home when I was standing in the dealership showroom and there she was! I almost lost me manly composure right there in front of everyone. I have been grinning like a prize winning monkey ever since! I still catch myself looking at my Charger and giggling like an idiot, thinking”

“HEheheheheehhe… THAT’S my car!!!”

I was flattened when I was voted LXOM… I just didn’t know what to think about that. I will say this. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t thrilled! Now y’all have voted me LXOY…and I am even more amazed. There are so many people here that are so worthy.

I really don’t know exactly how to react to this, still.

I hope to continue to be worthy of association with you. I hope that this forum and my involvement in it will continue down to the time that I am an old old man.

I have made friendships here that are going to be lifelong and valuable. I have learned so much about humanity and grace and human-kindness. I want to mention one that taught me a valuable life lesson and I would bet that he doesn’t even know what he has done.

When I first got into this forum, I was fresh from a forum where strife and contention were the peanut butter and jelly between the human bread. I was a raging, beyond conservative right wing political pit-bull. I used to just about foam at the mouth to respond tone fella’s posts in particular just so I could bite on his verbal butt. I thought he was the worst treehuggin’ hippified backslidin’ rascal there was on the forum. Then, I started looking at the man, understanding the person, feeling out his soul. The thought hit me;
    “There is no reason that I cannot be this man’s friend. If I look at the human being he is and find him to be a likeable responsible, strongly family oriented man; then why can I not do the same with others”. It is better to make a friend where you can because enemies make themselves and they make themselves readily.

If you want to see what a man is, look at his family. Is his wife happy, loving, and involved? Are his kids well behaved, respectful and intelligent? Is the overall family condition happy and well cared for?

If so, then THAT man… is a GOOD man. When I met his wife and family at Hammerfest, he totally made me understand that all of the gauges I had established as to the quality of a man were destroyed. I had to make new ones.

Grinner Hester taught me that all of this political claptrap was exactly that, claptrap. In the end, at the far side of the day, it is no more than a sound and fury signifying nothing.

Thank You, Grinner. You have made me a better person.

Another taught me about the power of prayer, God, and indomitable will. He not only flew out from Arizona to be at Hammerfest, but showed me 3 things that I needed to look for on my car BEFORE IT EVER LEFT THE SHOWROOM! He has beaten a hard to fight cancer of the head and jaw back past standstill. Yeah, he bears his scars, but a true warrior understands what price victory and never complains. He has been a true class act, a true friend, and has helped me several times before I even knew to ask. He reflects the power of character and the tenacity of will in crystalline fashion.

When I grow up, I want to be just like Jim Edwards. Fearless, friendly, and forthright!

I have learned so much from so many here. These 2 gentlemen are just the edge of the forest for me. There are others. I have learned greater depths of humanity, appreciation for differing views, patience, love, kindness, honor, and friendship from this wonderful group!

I can truly say that this forum, THIS COMMUNITY, has changed my life for the better, FOREVER!

Thank you for voting me LXOY… I can only hope and pray that I continue to be counted as a valuable part of this family!

VERY truly yours,
    Scott Peterson.
    AKA
    Rev.Hammer

Post Thanks / Like
    Rev,Congratulations it is a big honer but well deserved!
    Ed,
    2008 Silver 300C/Dk/Lt Slate Int.with everything but rear ves Del 8/26/08

Slate Slush Mats/Mopar Molded Splash Guards
    SS Pillar Trim/SS Trunk Lid Trim Led's all Int. Ext. Flasher Stop 20 led towers in tail Backup 50 watts (Bright)
    24oz Slate Mats (Hemi) DRL's Enabled

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! You deserve it

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Rev. you deserve it.

:insert sig here

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Scott!
    Anthony
    Admin and Resident Website Fixer-upper

Follow Me on Twitter! | Knowledge Base | Search | LXOM Winners

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulation Scott.

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Scott!

You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture, just get people to stop reading them.

Post Thanks / Like
    (German Version) lol
    Conratulations Geistlicher! !!!! Ich hasse lesend diese Posten von Gewinnern wie Sie, weil ich alle auf und Anfang slobbering in meinem Kaffee und ohhhh Brunnen erwürgt sind, erhalten Sie den Rest. Ich hoffe, dass ich die Chance erhalte, Sie zu treffen, und jeder sonst hier irgendwann bald, während Sie alle fühlen, wie Familie zu mir (kinda wie verlorene Verwandte). Genießen Sie Ihre Belohnung!

(English Version)
    Conratulations Reverend!!!!!
    I hate reading these posts from winners like you because I get all choked up and start slobbering in my coffee and ohhhh well, you get the rest.
    I hope I get the chance to meet you and everyone else here someday soon, as you all feel like family to me (kinda like lost relatives).
    Enjoy your reward!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Rev. Well deserved.
    RIP Hooters.

'07 Daytona Charger, Plum Crazy #1375/1400.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Scott, nice write up.

Place would not be the same without you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Rev
    Before and After

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Scott, who would think cars could do this to us? Enjoy your time.

JonzMgnm is offline Just a squirrel, trying to get a nut....

Post Thanks / Like
    Was there ever any wonder............?

Scott is the shiz-nit! A major contributor, an awesome influence, and an all around great guy. Glad you accept this well deserved title for the amount you've given to this forum and to the countless others that learn a liitle more each day about what you provide here. Thanks for everything. Keep dreaming for all our sake! LOL

Congratulations!
    John Y
    382 RWHP / 411 RWTQ 12.25@110.46MPH
    HEMI REGISTRY #426 DYNO VIDEO DYNO SHEET!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Scott. A well deserved honor. Your write-up brought a tear to my eye. Nice job!!!

2005 Magnum SXT AWD - Inferno Red

Mods: Diablo Predator, JBA headers, Zoomers single exhaust, K & N Aircharger, KW coilovers (variant 2's), 402 Motoring tinted tails, lots of Billet Technology stuff, real walnut dash kit, MOPAR on-dash nav, NC-SXT original honeycomb grille, Jina's Embroidery custom headrests.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow
    Nice words, Scott. You are a glow of light in a darkened world, my friend. It's an honor and a previlage to be your friend. I don't even care that your a republican.
    This is what I love about custom cars. They are a vehicle (pun intended) that allows people from all walks of life to be buddies, first for a day, then forever. At shows, I notice rednecks, yuppies and gangstas hangin together talkin cars and the next time they see each other they are still friends. Because of a heap of steel? Aint another thing in the world that brings people together like that, not sports, not geography and certainly not politics. LXforums takes this magic to a whole new level with total strangers reaching out to one another every dadgum day. Puts a happy lump in my throat and the best word I can find to desribe it is proud.
    I love ya, Hammer. See ya at the next event, brother.
    I'm still shootin, man!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread