From the Charger Police Vehicle Press Release from DaimlerChrysler
Preliminary Standard Features
Standard features on the 2006 Dodge Charger police vehicle will include the following items of particular importance to law enforcement customers:
Additional standard features and optional equipment are available on the Dodge Charger police vehicle to provide law enforcement customers an affordable vehicle with industry- leading innovations that make upfitting the vehicle faster and safer.
- 100-amp battery power feed in trunk
- 160-amp high-output alternator
- 160-mph calibrated speedometer
- 800CCA heavy-duty battery
- cloth front bucket seats with manual lumbar and rear fixed bench seat
- column shifter
- easy path wiring grommet between underhood and passenger compartment
- emergency rear-door-lock override
- external oil coolers
- four-wheel independent performance suspension
- heavy-duty brakes and linings
- integrated engine hour meter
- P225/60R 18 V-rated all-season performance tires and 18-inch steel wheels
- performance-tuned steering
- police equipment interface module
- police equipment mounting bracket
- rear door locks and rear window switches inoperable from the rear seats
- severe-duty cooling system
- software-controlled alternating head- and taillamps
- special electrical wiring for police market applications
- speed control
- stealth mode switch for interior lighting
Check out the column shifter, has an auto stick on/off and a little toggle switch labeled + and -. Is this on any other lx? or special to police package? just curious.
2005 Inferno Red Magnum RT
Group I and II, sunroof, tow package, nav, sirius, Uconnect, auto headlights, 20" American Racing Torq-Thrust M Wheels, 245/45/R20 Kuhmo Ecsta ASX tires, KW V2 coilover suspension, Hotchkis sway bars, Zoomers Cat Back Exhaust, Aria CAI. LED smoked tail lights. Shaved rear hatch. Pinstriping by 2-Stix. Custom painted palm tree headlights w\halos & painted fog lamps w\halos by AAC.
Custom Billet Tech "palm tree" pieces
And lots of little visual mods that make it ours!
"LxF welcomes with open arms all members, regardless of social status, creed, color, sexual preference, or anything else. The only thing we discriminate against is douchebags."
Check out Darth Hemi in the LxForums Garage
The column shifter itself is unique to the cop package
What would the US do if Mexican Drug lords lauched rockets from Tijuana?
Anyone wanting the police version with that crazy shifter will just have to wait a few years until the cars start showing up at the auctions!
2011 Toxic Orange Charger R/T R&T (license plate "BUK8LIST") Factory Repro rims/Nitto Invos, Aria CAI. Daytona chin spoiler Window tint.
Daily Driver...2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Sports Wagon Edition. Opulent Blue, tinted windows. Weather tech mats.
Gone, but not forgotten..........
2005 Magnum SXT (CANDYAPPLE)
2006 MSRT (FSTBLK)
2008 Magnum SXT
1998 Intrepid.........and 31 others over the past 50+ years.
The polce model is the only LX you don't want to get n the back seat of!!!
Of Course It Was Me
but you already knew that...
These features hold true for the Magnum version of the Police Package aw well
- Falken 20" Explict Black rim,Falken 255 45 20 tires,8"LCD monitor headrests,12" LCD monitor in custom tri fold in back,custom made CIA,Infinity engine cover w/custom paint,custom painted centre bezel & console,custom lit cup holders, LED interior lighting & grill lites,HID's,300w sub amp w/custom enclosures,custom hand-made mesh grill
I saw a police charger yesterday when I was driving to work. His lights were smoking. I think the wiring for the roof lights shorted and started to smoke and the cop got out of the car and stood a few feet from the car.
They also have a hood light, even though we can order it, as I and couple other member have done.
"They Were Just Jealous That My Charger Pulled More Kitties Than A Bowl Of Milk"
Glad to see they've beefed up the brakes - wouldn't want them catching fire like the old cop Intrepids...
These things must be cheap, cheap, cheap - I just noticed that my town (East Jerkwater, NH) just bought one, and here we can barely afford to keep the street lights on until dawn...
A word of warning: Watch your rear-view mirrors carefully - the Charger headlights look much different than your ordinary cop headlights...
The shifter is awful. It still has paddle stick built in but it's a pain to not only put it in gear but to also to actually use the autostick funtion. One of my best friends is a DE State Trooper and he has one of the five Chargers that DE has in testing... the only downside is that DE was given five V6 Chargers instead of the HEMI. They've tested the V6 because there was a complaint that it was too slow and they found out that it's just as fast as the Crown Vic's they already have.
We expect to have one of these Police Chargers out within the next couple of months to our local Poker Run so everyone can check them out. They're pretty cool.
Plus, all of the additional mods that come on these cars, if you decided that you really needed it, can be ordered through MOPAR if you really really want them.
www.HHPRacing.comThe Official Home of the Most Powerful Modern 5.7L, 6.1L, 392ci & 426ci HEMI Engine Packages.The Leader In LX Performance Parts & InstallationCheck Us Out Online & Contact Us Today At 1-888-894-1115
Serving the members of this forum since 2004.
shuman maybe he had cheech and chong in the back
Any you are right, I hope that is the only time I see the back interior of that vehicle.
Tinted glass, Cut front springs 1 1/4",
AirHammer HO, Duel Flowmaster 40s, De-molded,
Sonar LED Tails, Flat black honeycomb grille,
18" RT wheels & 245/45, No ESP Mod, Predator,
Innovate WB A/F guage, Ported Lower Intake.