Post Thanks / Like

Can you unlock your car with the key without the alarm going off?

Cause I cant! My RKE died today nd when I try to open the door lock manually with the key the alarm goes off all the time. This was the first time I've ever stuck the key in the door lock and I just wondered if anyone else has had this problem. Or is it normal? Or has anyone else not unlocked the car manually before like me and don't know.

Stock catback, and stock drivetrain
    Typing from a tablet, excuse typos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope... that's normal. The door lock doesn't disarm the alarm. Just look at it this way... it'll attract more attention to your car!
    Inferno Red '05 Magnum RT AWD - Who says the AWD sits too high?!

German influenced garage queen .................... German engineered daily driver

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, if you use the key the horn WILL sound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MyMaggieMae View Post
    Nope... that's normal. The door lock doesn't disarm the alarm. Just look at it this way... it'll attract more attention to your car!
    Unless they just break a window.........
    2012 Infiniti M56S: Harbour Blue 5.6L, Factory 4 Piece Aero Kit, Xpel Ultimate Full Wrap, SolarGard Tint, Kuda Cell Mount, iBolt xProDock, STi Driver, Tinted Tails, PIAA Plasma Ion Fogs
    2000 Dodge Dakota C/C R/T: Flame Red 5.9L, 1 of 800 Produced, 20" R/T Replica Wheels, Belltech Lowered, Flowmaster Exhaust
    Visit us at:

Post Thanks / Like
    Really?! Thats normal?! Hmmmm..... Weird! I felt like an idiot... LOL! I actually didn't know how to turn it off so it went off for 15 or so seconds. Guess I better get a new battery! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I can unlock my door with the key all day long and there is no horn honking.

Mine does not have the factory alarm. Sucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Higshemi View Post
    Really?! Thats normal?! Hmmmm..... Weird! I felt like an idiot... LOL! I actually didn't know how to turn it off so it went off for 15 or so seconds. Guess I better get a new battery! Thanks
    I've never tried it, but I would think that if you used your key to lock the door (instead of the door button or key fob) then it shouldn't set the alarm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MyMaggieMae View Post
    I've never tried it, but I would think that if you used your key to lock the door (instead of the door button or key fob) then it shouldn't set the alarm.
    Oh it will. If you use the key to unlock, you'll have to start it to get the alarm to stop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    Oh it will. If you use the key to unlock, you'll have to start it to get the alarm to stop.
    Your right! I tried a few different lock/unlock combinations and everytime I opened my door with the key... the alarm be goin crazy!

Post Thanks / Like
    My alarm doesnt care how you lock it ... use the key and everyone knows you just got in your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you lock it with the key fob or the electronic button on the door, alarm will activate and it will go off using the key. If you lock it by just pushing down the lock knob on the door, alarm will not set and you can use the key.
    05 Magnum Mineral Grey RT Hemi Reg# 00310

Post Thanks / Like
    Fred, dont you disconnect the battery when you lock your car now?
    2006 Magnum SRT8 "HEMIWAGN"; OST Dyno tuned; Frank Racing Extreme Heads, Scudd Cam & Ported Intake; Paramount Performance Dominator 3600TC & Valvebody. Best 1/4: 10.815@ 124.26 MPH, 1.497 60', 3400lbs with driver, DA +1300

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    Hmmm... I'm gonna have to try that when I get back home. I would think that since you can't disarm the alarm by using the key, then it shouldn't set it either. I'll have to experiment, so I'm prepared if my key fob battery dies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hell...I just found out that there's no key hole on the passenger door!!!

2006 Inferno Red Magnum R/T
    It's got HIR's w/ Nokya Hyper Yellow Fogs, Painted Spoiler, Tinted Front windows, Black SRT grill and SXT headlights...

Share This Thread