Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tiki

Californication does suck! And it may rain again this year on our cars - double sucks! But there isn't much to complain about when living in Temecula, compared to Ohio,
    I have the ability to wash my vehicle, with a nozzle that shuts off, but the water restraints means it's a wash or a flush...

Don't drive the car and keep it in the garage covered works too. I use detailing spray and a cover between washes, and it's not my daily driver. I don't drive in inclement weather and wipe it down no more than every other drive. Pretty much daily when driven because it's not my daily driver.
    When I do drive to work, I try to park under a tree to block the sun, and the cover goes back on.
    And I wax it twice a year.

You can buy a mister that removes all minerals from the water and wipe down with microfiber, or use distilled water in a hand sprayer and microfiber towels and do the same. The water provides enough lubricity to not scratch the paint.

Once a year I get a exterior detail, and spend about 3 hours after, getting into all the details they missed.
    Adaptive Craving Control-by Hal9000 modification strictly prohibited
    FI IV.5, Solo cat backs, 180 thermo, Catch Can, DS tuner, 383 Stroker/SRT heads,headers and mids,, Tranny cooler with fan control, built tranny/flex plate/4K conv,09 Chally rear with Quaife posi. Pedders Track II, coil overs, Hodgkiss sways, BWoody links, 20" Jacks N Five with Nitto Invo's, Custom brakes by TCE. Bling by BT.
    Just a grocery getter!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal'sMag View Post
    Hey Tiki

Californication does suck! And it may rain again this year on our cars - double sucks! But there isn't much to complain about when living in Temecula, compared to Ohio,
    I have the ability to wash my vehicle, with a nozzle that shuts off, but the water restraints means it's a wash or a flush...

Don't drive the car and keep it in the garage covered works too. I use detailing spray and a cover between washes, and it's not my daily driver. I don't drive in inclement weather and wipe it down no more than every other drive. Pretty much daily when driven because it's not my daily driver.
    When I do drive to work, I try to park under a tree to block the sun, and the cover goes back on.
    And I wax it twice a year.

You can buy a mister that removes all minerals from the water and wipe down with microfiber, or use distilled water in a hand sprayer and microfiber towels and do the same. The water provides enough lubricity to not scratch the paint.

Once a year I get a exterior detail, and spend about 3 hours after, getting into all the details they missed.
    Honestly as much of a pain in the ass as it is for my paint (which I've basically given up on between damage done by the previous owner, parking lot *******s, scars from a jack failure etc), I'm praying for rain! I use touchless car washes every few weeks and I have a pump sprayer full of Adam's Waterless Wash. I wish I had the time and the space to go out and wax her, give her a full detail, etc, but it just doesn't happen. Considering she's my daily commuter so she collects a fair amount of dirt and road grime in short order, so one of these days I'd really like to get her paint repaired and then sealed! But for now it's a sprayer full of Waterless Wash and a pile of microfiber towels to keep her semi decent.
    Current
    His: 2006 Magnum SRT-8, K&N CAI (it came with the car), DS 91 canned tune, HemiTuner custom TCM, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/35/20 Continental ExtremeContact DW (square), otherwise bone stock.
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos and pre Tranzformer, and old suspension, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360

Past
    2007 Magnum R/T, TRADED
    Best times:
    9.398@ 77.05 and still spinning...03/21/2014
    1:53 10/12/2013 Big Willow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibeast View Post
    Check ahead with your car wash facilities, I don't use this method myself because they have signs posted specifically stating no bucket washing.
    Like I said in my previous #14 post..... Go when they aren't busy. What's the worst thing they can say?....... Get out??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckinnj View Post
    Like I said in my previous #14 post..... Go when they aren't busy. What's the worst thing they can say?....... Get out??
    When I lived in an apartment, I worked night shift and would go in the mornings on weekdays. Most of the time I would be the only one there. There wasn't any postings about bucket washing, but one day the manager/owner (whatever he was) complained about me taking up a bay for too long doing a bucket wash. I mentioned there wasn't any postings about it and that I was the only one there at the time. He said not everyone was considerate about when they do it and for him it was best to not allow it. It was the cheapest wash in my area, with a covered drying/vacuum area. I told him I would compromise with him, I would leave the nozzle spraying while I bucket washed. He said he was ok with that. After awhile I became pretty efficient at washing while on the clock.
    Likes Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't entirely disagree, but I have a thing about adhering to the rules...if I ever finally get her repainted I might be inclined to bend the rules, but as she sits I'm just concerned with eliminating contamination and surface film. I really need to find a good detail spray and a better wheel cleaner because the Meguiar's "Mirror Bright" that I picked up isn't cutting it...I'll probably go back to using CarPro Iron X.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you said it's hard to find the time to detail the car but honestly the time invested pays off.

Every spring I claybar and polish the paint. Afterwards I use a synthetic wax (AKA sealant). I also follow up with a real wax for luster but that's frivolous.

Afterwards, cleanup is an absolute breeze. My California duster does most of my work but honestly you can BLOW the dust off. A bit of detail spray and a micro fibre deals with anything more stubborn. Until it rains, but you don't have that problem
    An NVH engineer's worst nightmare.

"...the Magnum's ideal demographic: a middle-finger-waving anti-establishmentarian, bad-beer connoisseur...The Magnum puts the "blunt" in "blunt-force trauma." By Dan Neil LATimes.com

SRT Headers/Catback, Tranzformer, R Value CAI, NoESP, Johan Tune, BCR coil overs, Hotchkis Sways, Wilwoods/Brembos, Getrag 3.06, Style, Coolness soon to be supercharged...

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't entirely disagree, but I have a thing about adhering to the rules...if I ever finally get her repainted I might be inclined to bend the rules, but as she sits I'm just concerned with eliminating contamination and surface film. I really need to find a good detail spray and a better wheel cleaner because the Meguiar's "Mirror Bright" that I picked up isn't cutting it...I'll probably go back to using CarPro Iron X.
    Check out: Adams detail spray along with the H2O Guard and Gloss...... Once you detail the car this is all you need for a lasting shine. The Guard and Gloss is amazing!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Upon reflection, if time was really tight, I bet you could get similar dust shedding ability just using the claybar, and the paint sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsmyuncle View Post
    I know you said it's hard to find the time to detail the car but honestly the time invested pays off.

Every spring I claybar and polish the paint. Afterwards I use a synthetic wax (AKA sealant). I also follow up with a real wax for luster but that's frivolous.

Afterwards, cleanup is an absolute breeze. My California duster does most of my work but honestly you can BLOW the dust off. A bit of detail spray and a micro fibre deals with anything more stubborn. Until it rains, but you don't have that problem
    Lol painfully true, though for the last two months or so it's rained ever single time I've washed my car, this week we've had rain all week (figures I just washed her two days ago)...

Check out: Adams detail spray along with the H2O Guard and Gloss...... Once you detail the car this is all you need for a lasting shine. The Guard and Gloss is amazing!!
    I do like their waterless wash so far, but I think I need to invest in more MF cloths...the waffle weave ones they sent seem to be damn near useless.

Upon reflection, if time was really tight, I bet you could get similar dust shedding ability just using the claybar, and the paint sealant.
    Have you see the "Nanoskin" claybar replacements? I've heard from a few guys that they tried them on a whim and never went back to regular clay so I've been curious as they seem pretty idiot proof...then again I've got a claybar still in the wrapper in my garage that I bought back before Spring Fest 2016 when I still had hopes of taking her to the show...before my two favorite women in the world took turns carelessly parking my baby and ripped the bumper off...twice.

Post Thanks / Like
    All excellent advice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2015 Dodge Charger RT Scat Pack B5 392. Tires - Tune - Catch Can - Hellcat Intake. Watch SaabKyle review my car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6OA...ezVy7g&index=3
    2006 Dodge Charger Daytona TorRed #1354, MagnaFlow - Tune - Catch Can - Gears.

I detail cars in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area! 757-435-4027
    Facebook: The Detail Nerd

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol painfully true, though for the last two months or so it's rained ever single time I've washed my car, this week we've had rain all week (figures I just washed her two days ago)...

I do like their waterless wash so far, but I think I need to invest in more MF cloths...the waffle weave ones they sent seem to be damn near useless.

Have you see the "Nanoskin" claybar replacements? I've heard from a few guys that they tried them on a whim and never went back to regular clay so I've been curious as they seem pretty idiot proof...then again I've got a claybar still in the wrapper in my garage that I bought back before Spring Fest 2016 when I still had hopes of taking her to the show...before my two favorite women in the world took turns carelessly parking my baby and ripped the bumper off...twice.
    Sorry I missed this originally. I've heard great things though I haven't yet tried it myself. I'll give it a shot once my traditional clay bar is pooched.

I believe someone already mentioned it, but another trick I use is a quality foaming spray bottle with a soap solution. I normally reserve this for on the road for water savings. Done out of the sun, the solution works really well as a presoak, and then follow up with a handwash, and finally a rinse. If the solution dries up, respray to rejuvenate.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/p...=2,42194,40727

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I missed this originally. I've heard great things though I haven't yet tried it myself. I'll give it a shot once my traditional clay bar is pooched.

I believe someone already mentioned it, but another trick I use is a quality foaming spray bottle with a soap solution. I normally reserve this for on the road for water savings. Done out of the sun, the solution works really well as a presoak, and then follow up with a handwash, and finally a rinse. If the solution dries up, respray to rejuvenate.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/p...=2,42194,40727
    I wonder if this one will work as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Smith-Perform...2%3A2661618011

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if this one will work as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Smith-Perform...2%3A2661618011
    With the foaming nozzle I bet it would.

Post Thanks / Like
    For you apartment dwellers....... check this out for rinsing your car. www.rinsekit.com
    Fill your bucket with car wash shampoo (soap) and rinse off with the rinse kit. This can be done anywhere where there is shade.
    Last edited by Chuckinnj; 02-04-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Share This Thread