Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

P0700 & P0730 transmission errors. Help!

I was accelerating from off-ramp and out of the sudden at 65MPH the accelerator stops responding (yeah, I nearly crapped my pants, cause I was merging).
    So I quickly pull off the highway, tranny was in limp mode.
    I plug in my flashpaq, read error codes and this what I got:
    P0700 (Trans Control Sys Error)
    P0730 (Incorrect Gear Ratio)

I never had tranny or engine issues. Before or after using flashpaq.
    I know that last time I went to the dealer (last Friday) they had to replace some kind of o-ring adapter plug on the transfer case, since it was leaking.
    Is that related?

I assume I should flash back to original settings and that will not erase error codes?

Setting I used on flashpaq were 91 octane, performance tune (not the one that holds you gear, it just increases shift response).

In any way, would love to get some advice, since I am not thinking staight right now.

'05 Magnum RT
    : SRT suspension, Hotchkis sways, Borla 112, HHP High-flow cats, Frankentake III air intake, F.O.G projector headlights, painted calipers, SC FlashPaq, AR 311 20s w/ Nitto 420s. Practical car
    '07 Porsche Cayman S: de-snorked, exhaust modifications, suspension, racing rubber. 4 years of autocrossing and DEs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apollo
    last time I went to the dealer (last Friday) they had to replace some kind of o-ring adapter plug on the transfer case, since it was leaking.
    is this AWD?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a RWD RT

Post Thanks / Like
    I also need to mention, once I restarted the engine, tranny was no longer in limp mode. Check Engine light is still on and I have 37K on the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have the right FOWL working on it!
    Islamic terrorists are like King Salmon,
    Life is good until the Seals show up!

His: 06 Magnum SRT <----Sold
    Now: 73 440 Plymouth Duster
    Hers: 08 Charger R/T <-----Moved out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a RWD RT
    Must be the tranny o ring as you dont have a transfer case.
    WWW.DodgeMagnumGrille.com
    Quality.....Service.....Satisfaction

Makers of the "Original Honeycomb" & "True SRT" grilles for your SE,SXT or RT. Custom made grilles for your SRT Magnum also.

Post Thanks / Like
    RWD = no transfer case

they probably replaced the o-rings and connector adaptor plug at transmission. may be low on fluid, is it still leaking? P0730 is set when the TCM calculates that the transmission is not in the gear it requested.

from fsm:

Theory of Operation

The Transmission Control Module (TCM) constantly calculates the transmission ratio based on the input speed sensor 1 and 2 (N2-N3) signals and the calculated output shaft speed. The intent of this diagnostic is to detect if the transmission is trying to mechanically shift into a lower gear then the TCM intends.

• When Monitored:
    • Engine RPM greater than 450 RPM, output speed greater than 180 RPM, no N2 - N3 input speed sensor errors present, no gear selector lever errors present, no ABS system errors, and all wheel speeds above 450 RPM.
    • Set Condition: No shifting operation and detected gear is not the actual gear. No shifting operation - detected (calculated) gear is less than actual (expected) gear, no plausible gear is calculated, actual turbine speed - calculated turbine speed is greater than 300 RPM or calculated transmission ratio is above threshold. During an Upshift - detected (calculated) gear is less than actual (expected) gear. During Downshift - detected (calculated) gear is less than actual (expected) gear.
    Possible Causes
    INTERNAL TRANSMISSION PROBLEM
    TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE
    Last edited by fnkychkn; 08-08-2006 at 11:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think they under-filled tranny?

I assume, once I flash back the stock setting the error codes will remain for the dealer to see?

I also need some advice, since sometimes when I am extremely angry (like right now), I may not make the best decision.

Here is situation with that dealer and how they serviced my car. I show up at the dealership and my two service writers who know me by name were on vacation. The new service writer from the first second just has that non-friemdly attitude.
    I came in to ask them to re-seat my center console and fix a seat heater switch that was not back-lit. These all were remaining issues from the repair on the harness they had to do back in February. OK, I work 50-70 hour weeks, I have no time to just go to the dealership every time there is an issue. Last time I showed up, they did not have time to do anything (that was 2 months ago) and told me come back later. So he just gets attitude and tells me to go wait. I do, for 3 hours. They find a leak "towards center of the vehicle" (why I don't know, since they had no business to be under my car). I pick up the car, console was not reseated (same gap still there), switch not fixed. He tells me there is nothing wrong with it. I make take the car back and show him again. OK, he orders the switch. Anyway... Now this happens.

Should I call service manager directly and have a conversation about the bad service and now this tranny issue? I just feel like raising some stink big time... That kid has no business being in customer service....
    Or should I attempt talking to the service writer who knows me? That guy needs to look at that kid every day, I would hate to put him into situation where he sides with me and than gets **** from the pimple-face.

Advice?

Post Thanks / Like
    If your car has the EVIC then you can get it to show you the codes without having to hook up your flashpaq. Just check out this link.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=12361

Post Thanks / Like
    I know the EVIC trick. Super Chips tells you to flash back to stock before going to the dealer so in case they upgrade any code, you flashpaq would recognize the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think they under-filled tranny?
    possible

I assume, once I flash back the stock setting the error codes will remain for the dealer to see?
    not sure, but i'm thinking not
    I also need some advice, since sometimes when I am extremely angry (like right now), I may not make the best decision.

Here is situation with that dealer and how they serviced my car. I show up at the dealership and my two service writers who know me by name were on vacation. The new service writer from the first second just has that non-friemdly attitude.
    I came in to ask them to re-seat my center console and fix a seat heater switch that was not back-lit. These all were remaining issues from the repair on the harness they had to do back in February. OK, I work 50-70 hour weeks, I have no time to just go to the dealership every time there is an issue. Last time I showed up, they did not have time to do anything (that was 2 months ago) and told me come back later. So he just gets attitude and tells me to go wait. I do, for 3 hours. They find a leak "towards center of the vehicle" (why I don't know, since they had no business to be under my car). I pick up the car, console was not reseated (same gap still there), switch not fixed. He tells me there is nothing wrong with it. I make take the car back and show him again. OK, he orders the switch. Anyway... Now this happens.

Should I call service manager directly and have a conversation about the bad service and now this tranny issue? I just feel like raising some stink big time... That kid has no business being in customer service....
    Or should I attempt talking to the service writer who knows me? That guy needs to look at that kid every day, I would hate to put him into situation where he sides with me and than gets **** from the pimple-face.

Advice?
    i would start by reverting back to stock tune and drive it for a while to make sure that the flashpaq didn't cause the problem to begin with. if it happens again without flashpaq, see your dealer ASAP. once you are confident that it is no longer an issue, try the flashpaq again. i think you would be better off dealing with the service advisor you know and trust. if that means pissing off the advisor you don't like, too f'n bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim's Magnum
    If your car has the EVIC then you can get it to show you the codes without having to hook up your flashpaq. Just check out this link.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=12361
    i doubt the EVIC will display TCM specific codes. not sure, i could be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I put the system back to stock and settings and that action removed the codes. Can a dealer look up those codes via starscan? Would they show up under deleted?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I put the system back to stock and settings and that action removed the codes. Can a dealer look up those codes via starscan? Would they show up under deleted?
    once they're gone, they're gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Besides the codes, are there other behaviors of the tranny that would indicate that it is underfilled?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread