Post Thanks / Like

Uconnect and Phone's Address Book

I've been searching, but it's late and I'm tired. Can Uconnect find phone numbers in my Treo 650's address book? If so, how?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    I've been searching, but it's late and I'm tired. Can Uconnect find phone numbers in my Treo 650's address book? If so, how?
    I don't know about searching your phones address book, but if you have "voice dialing" configured and enabled on your phone and your phone supports Bluetooth "Hands Free Profile" it should work fine with U-Connect.

Example. If when you using your cell phone you can say dial "Home" and your phone dials the number, then the same feature should work when your phone is paired with the U-Connect. It works with my Motorola V551.
    2005 Cool Vanilla Magnum RT (Mopar CAI)

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, of the 100,000,000 things the Treo can do, that's one of the few it can't through Bluetooth. It can on its own, but not via Bluetooth.

OK, thanks for the answer!

Post Thanks / Like
    While we're on this subject...

Anyone know how to store a 'pause' in the Uconnect phonebook?? Like

727-743-1111 pause 437 (for extention 437)?? Doesn't work saying 'pause'. Not in the manual.
    05 "Shagwagon" R/T
    Go USF Bulls!
    Hemi Registry #000514

"The biggest drawback of kiteboarding is the adverse effects it has on getting anything else done."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    In a word...... NO

As long as the phone is paired with UConnect, you can initiate the call with your cell, UConnect will pick up the call once it goes to connect and you'll be able to use the handsfree.
    FRI Econo Heads & FRI Sidewinder: Installed @ BFNY by Hemi31 with special guest Fnkychkn, JBA Shorties, JBA/HHP hi-flow catted mids, stock SRT8 cat-back, C&L CAI.
    HUGE thanks to Hemiwagn and HalfFast Performance for making it all possible.
    12.645@108.18

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd RT

Anyone know how to store a 'pause' in the Uconnect phonebook??
    I couldn't figure out how to do that either. If it's possible, I'd sure like to know how.
    Inferno Red '05 Magnum RT AWD - Who says the AWD sits too high?!

German influenced garage queen .................... German engineered daily driver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd RT

Anyone know how to store a 'pause' in the Uconnect phonebook?? Like

727-743-1111 pause 437 (for extention 437)?? Doesn't work saying 'pause'. Not in the manual.
    Maybe incorporating the "send" command somehow... I use it to delete voicemail once I am connected. "send 7". Not sure if it would work as part of a stored phone number though... "123-456-7890 send 123".

Lou

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dchemi

Example. If when you using your cell phone you can say dial "Home" and your phone dials the number, then the same feature should work when your phone is paired with the U-Connect. It works with my Motorola V551.

dchemi, could you explain how you do this? Do you press the voice dial button on your phone, or the uconnect button on your mirror?

It seems to me that once you press the Uconnect button, you can only access Uconnect features (e.g. the Uconnect phone book), but not the voice dial numbers in your actual phone. Likewise, if you press the voice dial button on your phone (which is often in my pocket and hard to reach) then you haven't really engaged the Uconnect system until the call is initiated, and are thus relying on your phone (rather than the Uconnect microphone) to hear you issue the command.

If you've got a good way to do this I'd love to konw. This would also help with the "pause" issue as we all know how to store a "pause" in our phone's phone book (as opposed to in the Uconnect phone book). Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he's saying to use the voice dialing on your phone and skip the Uconnect phonebook all together. Makes sense to me! I heard on another thread that someone actually called Uconnect and said that the 'pause' function COULD be added in a future software update!

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_uconnect.htm

Barge In - Touch Tone Phone Inputs
    You can use your UConnect system to access a voice mail system, an automated service, or any other phone number that you can dial with any phone. When calling a number with your UConnect system that normally requires you to enter in a touch-tone sequence on your cellular phone keypad, you can push the 'Voice Recognition' button and say the sequence you wish to enter followed by "Send". For example, if required to enter your pin number, you can press the 'Voice Recognition' button and say "3 7 4 6 Send", or whatever you have made your pin. This method can also be used in instances where you are pressing a number on your keypad to navigate through a menu structure or to enter a number for a pager.

Jaak is offline Looking for that phuk I used to give.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, that works really fast... NOT!

I actually dial my voice mail from the phone, just to avoid that...
    12.217 @ 117 mph on a stock motor

My Station Wagon was faster...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it's not fast, but it's all I could find.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mchamber
    dchemi, could you explain how you do this? Do you press the voice dial button on your phone, or the uconnect button on your mirror?

It seems to me that once you press the Uconnect button, you can only access Uconnect features (e.g. the Uconnect phone book), but not the voice dial numbers in your actual phone. Likewise, if you press the voice dial button on your phone (which is often in my pocket and hard to reach) then you haven't really engaged the Uconnect system until the call is initiated, and are thus relying on your phone (rather than the Uconnect microphone) to hear you issue the command.

If you've got a good way to do this I'd love to konw. This would also help with the "pause" issue as we all know how to store a "pause" in our phone's phone book (as opposed to in the Uconnect phone book). Thanks in advance.
    My Bad.

I forgot that I entered my voice dial contacts into the U-Connect Phone Book. I think it is dialing my voice commands based on contacts I enterd directly into the U-Connect phone book. When I get a chance I will create a voice dial in my phone only and see if it works.

Share This Thread