LX Forums Forum banner

stealth bulb alternatives?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  blueflame 
#1 ·
has anyone tried tinting their own turn indicator bulbs or is their anything that people use to get the same "stealth" look?

#4 ·
I actually did the sharpie thing. As far as getting rid of the egg yolk look it worked great, and holds up great (did this about 2 years ago and the bulbs still look good.

As far as brightness is concerned, not so good. They are fine at night, but pretty hard to see during the day. I wouldn't recommend it.

#5 · (Edited)
I "sputtered" some aluminum spray paint on the end of the bulb and it worked great. You just need to lightly cover the end (about 1/3 of bulb down) to eliminate the egg yolk look. I had the silvered bulbs for a while but they burned out constantly and the brightness was poor. I think you could do the same with the silver Sharpie. By not covering the whole bulb, most of the light still hits the reflector when the bulb is on and the brightness is good.

#6 ·
I had the silvered bulbs for a while but they burned out constantly and the brightness was poor.
what brand did you use? I looked up the titanium chrome series from autolumination.com that magnum lover mentioned above http://www.autolumination.com/titaniumseries.htm and the price seems right!

I got chrome bulbs from autolumination to get rid of the egg yoke look.
how long have been using them? are they pretty durable and long lasting? don't want to be replacing all the time.

#10 ·
I the chrome ones then one burnt out I put led's from superbrightleds

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.