View Poll Results: How long between oil changes?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5000km

21 43.75%
  • 10000km

23 47.92%
  • 15000km

1 2.08%
  • 20000km

3 6.25%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mobil 1 synthetic oil - how long between oil changes?

I just switched over to mobil 1 synthetic oil today. My question is, how long should I wait between oil changes?
    ____°şİMo0NDoGGieİş°
    PERFORMANCE MODs: kw coilovers,zoomers exhaust,jba shortie headers,diablo predator,hammer h.o.CAI,power slot rotors,hawk pads
    COSMETIC MODS: 20" zinik's,msrt8 front fascia,colour matched fog light bezels & rear wing,shaved front badge,6000k HID headlights & foglights,shaved & debadged,tinted FOG tail lights
    INTERIOR MODS: nav radio,msrt8 kicker sub-woofer,T-handle shifter knob & leather boot,BT aluminum dash knobs

Post Thanks / Like
    Am not used to KM, I do mine every 4 months or 4,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Bob
    Bob in Ocala, Florida, 05' Magnum RT, 73 years young - married 53 years. Superchips tuner & Flowmaster 40's. 402 Motoring rear spoiler, mud flaps, tinted & painted tail lights. Danko shaker hood, 69' Charger grille, front spoiler, rear diffuser.

Post Thanks / Like
    MoonDoggie, I was wondering the exact same thing this morning as I too made the switch to Mobil1. Small world huh.

I'm going to stay at 3000 mile changes becuase in reading the bottle it says something to the effect of "to maintain your warranty, still follow your autos oil change sensor, or recommended mileage interval".

If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnumSXT
    MoonDoggie, I was wondering the exact same thing this morning as I too made the switch to Mobil1. Small world huh.

I'm going to stay at 3000 mile changes becuase in reading the bottle it says something to the effect of "to maintain your warranty, still follow your autos oil change sensor, or recommended mileage interval".
    That sounds costly. I heard from a guy @ work you can go 20,000km between changes. I just wanted to hear what others are doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    How long between is up to you -- I go 6-7000 miles (I guess that's in the 10,000 KM area) because I think that's adequate and that's how I justify the synthetic oil change cost (1 synthetic change for 2 dino oil changes).

The AMSOIL crowd (from my experience) says 25,000 miles with a filter change at 12,500.
    6.1L HEMI #622 '07 TorRed MSRT8 1/165= TORRED >< 6.1L HEMI '10 Silver Jeep GC SRT8=4X4JET
    MSRT8 owners http://www.lxforums.com/board/group.php?groupid=24

Post Thanks / Like
    20k KM is about 15k mi. The bottle says you can go 15k miles, from what I hear 6k mi. is a pretty standard change interval.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MomsR/T
    5-6K miles............

who the hell knows what that is metric
    VERY SAFE. Thats what we tell our customers...
    WWW.DodgeMagnumGrille.com
    Quality.....Service.....Satisfaction

Makers of the "Original Honeycomb" & "True SRT" grilles for your SE,SXT or RT. Custom made grilles for your SRT Magnum also.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was planning about 5000 miles. Haven't peeked at the owner's manual recently but with synthetic, I think I'd move off the "severe" schedule back to the "regular" schedule (which is probably 5000-7500 mi).
    How do I.... EVERYTHING!
    SoCalLX - Where Southern California Car Culture Meets Modern Mopar Muscle

Post Thanks / Like
    I use mobile 1 in my Intrepid to keep the 2.7 healthy. I change it every 10,000 kms. The car has about 260,000 kms on it now & runs great.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think 6K miles (isn't that about 10K Km?) is safe.
    What I want to know is why WallyWorld is ALWAYS out of the stuff. They have every possible weight except 5W-20. Sometimes I can find one or two quarts left, if I'm lucky.
    To see if you'll like it, sometimes you just have to pull your pants down and take a slide on the ice.
    Naked '06 Silver R/T AWD; KW V2s, SC Tuner, JBA catbacks, LED eyebrows, E&G grills (black powder coated), paint-matched
    spoiler, mudguards and fogs, 35% window tint, SilverStars, painted calipers, Lloyds embroidered mats. Looking for new shoes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chrysler Maintenance Schedule "B" mandates oil and filter changes every 3,000 miles (4,828 km) or at each three month interval - whichever comes sooner - to maintain warranty coverage. Since I purchased 7/70 Max Care with the car, you can bet I will stick with that.

If you don't care about your warranty coverage, you can change oil on any schedule you feel is "right" for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    But schedule 'A' lets you go 6K miles and still maintains the warranty - even w/o the good stuff (synthetic oil).
    Last edited by Poco Askew; 07-15-2006 at 05:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The manual says no difference in change intervals for using synthetic. I was doing every 5000 miles with regular oil, based on a 60 minutes report long ago, and have been doing so for a long time.

Now my Charger, just got it's first change at 5000 miles, changing out the factory oil, and I put Royal Purple 5-20 in it at considerable more expense. I would like to go 10000 miles and I'm sure I could, but the warrenty may be an issue.
    Mango Mafia
    2006 Charger Daytona R/T
    GoManGo #3951 of 4000
    Predator, AFE Stage II,
    Auto headlight mod, JBA Exhaust
    Toyo Proxies S/T 255/50-18 Front 275/55-18 Rear
    Boss 338 18x8 2mm offset Front 18x9.5 -4mm offset Rear
    (WARNING: The 18x9.5 really does not fit)
    2011 Mopar Drag Team #M12

Post Thanks / Like
    I started mobil 1 when car had 750 miles on it I run it for 8000 miles change oil filter 2 times in that 8000 miles good to go

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Share This Thread