Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Car Wax by Consumer Reports

According to Consumers Reports (July 2006) Liquid car waxes are better than paste wax or the spray on waxes. The two best liquid waxes are:

Black Magic...wet shine liquid wax BM48016

Turtle Wax....Carnauba Car Wax T-6

They cost the same and are rated the same, take your pick.

Turtle Wax scored high in all the waxes, Liquid, Paste and Spray on.

I always did like Turtle Wax, now I know why..................:-)

Bob
    Bob in Ocala, Florida, 05' Magnum RT, 73 years young - married 53 years. Superchips tuner & Flowmaster 40's. 402 Motoring rear spoiler, mud flaps, tinted & painted tail lights. Danko shaker hood, 69' Charger grille, front spoiler, rear diffuser.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hm, thast's interesting. Any idea how the more expensive and more premium brands rated?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet I guess i'm switching to Turtle Wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have the full list of everthing they tested?
    Found consumerreports.org, but you have to pay to subscribe to get the whole article
    FRI Econo Heads & FRI Sidewinder: Installed @ BFNY by Hemi31 with special guest Fnkychkn, JBA Shorties, JBA/HHP hi-flow catted mids, stock SRT8 cat-back, C&L CAI.
    HUGE thanks to Hemiwagn and HalfFast Performance for making it all possible.
    12.645@108.18

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't sound like they tested the "high end" stuff like Zaino, etc.. I wonder if they've ever done a test on that level.
    Alis volat propiis.

Glenn Harper - 2006 Brilliant Black Magnum SRT8
    Mods: FRI Fatman Cam, FRI Full Street Heads, Coated Intake Manifold, Coated Kooks LT Headers & hiflo Cats, B&G Stage II, Corsa Catback, 170 TStat. Various BT interior items & Custom Console Cover by Jina!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Token
    Do you have the full list of everthing they tested?
    Found consumerreports.org, but you have to pay to subscribe to get the whole article
    PM me, I can help.
    05 "Shagwagon" R/T
    Go USF Bulls!
    Hemi Registry #000514

"The biggest drawback of kiteboarding is the adverse effects it has on getting anything else done."

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I've seen the Consumer Reports results and NO, the high end products were NOT tested.

No Zaino, Sonus, Klasse, Menzerna

They did include the Meguiar's Gold Class, NXT and Cleaner Wax, but in order to avoid a riot I'll just say that those were not rated as CR Best Buy

They also looked at cost. Now any of the brands above would have thrown the cost per oz. way up and probably one of the reasons they weren't tested.

Post Thanks / Like
    so it was not a true test and Turtle Wax may or may not be the best.

What the heck is CR good for when they just come up with ratings without testing all brands.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum 007
    so it was not a true test and Turtle Wax may or may not be the best.

What the heck is CR good for when they just come up with ratings without testing all brands.
    Looks like they tested the stuff you can go to your local WalMart and buy only. Any of the good stuff comes from specialty shops or online. This was a test for your "average" consumer who waxes their car themselves. Not for professionals or enthusiasts, or the total nut jobs (like ME) we have here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I consider myself an enthusiast and take good care of my car. I love the NXT wax and have no need to spend hundreds for a "premier" wax. If it beat the NXT wax, the Turtle Wax must really be some good stuff.

If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino is still the bomb!! Best stuff I have ever used.. I really don't think Turtle wax would even be close....but I could be wrong
    05 Red Inferno Magnum SXT-Traded
    05 Red Inferno Magnum R/T- Traded
    06 Silver 300C SRT8 RWHP 371 RWTQ 374
    Options I,II Sunroof,Side Curtain AirBags BIG HEMI

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm right there with you Husker, but it's not readily available and not in the same price range of the stuff CR tested.

Without a doubt, Zaino is waaaay better than anything else I've used.

But you could probably guess that if you saw my basement:

Post Thanks / Like
    CR always tries to take the "average" person perspective. Not an anthusiast perspective, so cost is going to be a major factor to the outcome.

( if i spelt enthusiast right my aunt would be proud).

Post Thanks / Like
    What were their criterias? ie: longest lasting protection, maximum shine, etc. Personally, the NXT has the most shine of any wax I have used, although I have not tried Zainos. I imagine their testing involved how many washings the wax lasts, which doesn't matter to me; I want max shine.
    2012 Infiniti M56S: Harbour Blue 5.6L, Factory 4 Piece Aero Kit, Xpel Ultimate Full Wrap, SolarGard Tint, Kuda Cell Mount, iBolt xProDock, STi Driver, Tinted Tails, PIAA Plasma Ion Fogs
    2000 Dodge Dakota C/C R/T: Flame Red 5.9L, 1 of 800 Produced, 20" R/T Replica Wheels, Belltech Lowered, Flowmaster Exhaust
    Visit us at:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Maniac
    What were their criterias? ie: longest lasting protection, maximum shine, etc. Personally, the NXT has the most shine of any wax I have used, although I have not tried Zainos. I imagine their testing involved how many washings the wax lasts, which doesn't matter to me; I want max shine.
    Once you try Zaino MM, you'll never use anything else, the deepest wettest looking shine period.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread